1999 FORD FALCON XR6 Tickford , Genuine 79000km , FSH !!!

Sell your muscle car
Forum rules
If you are not a regular forum member, please introduce yourself in the Indroduce yourself/Welcome to new members section. Tell who you are, where you are from and some background details. Your advertisements will be deleted if you don't.
  • ● All adverts must include pictures and a price. This is not a bidding site.
  • ● Please respond to enquiries, if you don't respond your add will be removed.
  • ● Please change an item heading to SOLD when it is sold.
  • ● Members are allowed 12 adverts per year to make sure the forum stays an enthusiast platform.
Interceptor

1999 FORD FALCON XR6 Tickford , Genuine 79000km , FSH !!!

Post by Interceptor » Fri 22 Mar 2013, 23:33

Absolutely SHOWROOM condition. Genuine super low mileage of 79000km. Full service history with agents. 100% standard and original. No ordinary Falcon. Limited “Tickford” edition. This Aussie tank packs serious firepower. 4.0 litre straight 6 is factory modified and tuned to produce 172kW and truly gut wrenching torque.Yet, surprisingly light on fuel as it has VCT (Variable Cam Timing. Unique to this specific model). Colossal interior and boot space. Bulletproof mechanicals that will last a lifetime.
Bang for buck, it beats anything, hands down!
Honestly an increadible “muscle car” wich was pampered it’s whole life and only used during vacations. Definitely one for the collector or enthusiast. Must be the cleanest AU Falcon XR6 in the country.

Has everything one could want in a modern car:

• Airbags
• ABS disc brakes front and rear
• Power steering
• Air con. Ice cold.
• Cruise control
• Electric windows, mirrors, airial, boot lid
• Factory 6 disc schuttle and front loader
• Remote central locking, alarm, immobilizer
• Full dual tone leather interior
• Multi function steering wheel
• Trip computer
• De-cat free flow exhaust. Sounds glorious
• Full size spare wheel and tow bar

- Just spend over R10000 in the last month (invoices to prove) to get it into tip-top condition.
Brand new battery, front windscreen, 225/50/16 tyres, brake pads, aircon gas, plus a major service.

Owner's pride and joy, but forced to sell. A whole lot of car for pocket change.

Price: R70000

Phone: 082 39 23 23 2
Attachments
right.jpg
right.jpg (145.43 KiB) Viewed 4769 times
right front.jpg
right front.jpg (110.1 KiB) Viewed 4769 times
right rear.jpg
right rear.jpg (110.69 KiB) Viewed 4769 times
left front.jpg
left front.jpg (106.58 KiB) Viewed 4769 times
left rear.jpg
left rear.jpg (95.49 KiB) Viewed 4769 times
left.jpg
left.jpg (124.99 KiB) Viewed 4769 times
engine.jpg
engine.jpg (131.61 KiB) Viewed 4769 times
dash.jpg
dash.jpg (96.48 KiB) Viewed 4769 times
mileage.jpg
mileage.jpg (193.09 KiB) Viewed 4769 times
front seats.jpg
front seats.jpg (89.3 KiB) Viewed 4769 times
rear seats.jpg
rear seats.jpg (106.5 KiB) Viewed 4769 times
boot.jpg
boot.jpg (89.02 KiB) Viewed 4769 times

Ghost

Re: 1999 FORD FALCON XR6 Tickford , Genuine 79000km , FSH !!

Post by Ghost » Sat 23 Mar 2013, 06:47

Great looking car. Even this 10+ year old falcon looks better that a new lumina. Good luck with the sale.
Gé Davids
1958 Ford Prefect
1979 Ford Mustang Fastback
Bring back the Ford that chases Porsche's for a living, the 5.0 lives again!

FPT

Post by FPT » Sat 23 Mar 2013, 08:47

I would have gladly taken this of your hands if only.......

I already have one! :lol:

Great cars, I can vouch for that. The seats are intresting as I have never seen that combination.

Hope it finds a good home.
Greetings
André

There is no Replacement for Displacement!!!

Interceptor

Post by Interceptor » Sat 23 Mar 2013, 10:19

It really is something else, thank you! Also hope that it finds itself into the hands of a good owner, 'cause there's so few of them in S.A.
Every time I start up the engine, I can't help giving the throttle a blip or two. Just to hear that rumble and feel the torque rock the car slightly. Don't know why, but it awakens the "tappet" inside of me. A treat to see German sedan and hot hatch owners' stunned expression when the XR6 leaves them for dead.
She can happily burble-burble on idle through town in top gear, but when the gas pedal is suppressed, it rockets off like stink with the most melodious, yet aggressive sound! Can also do quite silly top speeds.
And apart from the old school type power delivery, such a comfortable drive, and it sticks to the road like glue! One would think that it would be tail happy, but actually very neutral.
Ag, I guess I can go on forever. I really feel passionate about it.
So unfortunate that it is generally seen as a towing vehicle, because it is so much more.

Interesting, FPT, didn't know that the two tone leather is a bit rare.

ZA Perana

Post by ZA Perana » Sat 23 Mar 2013, 16:44

A superb example, the swansong of the days when Ford SA offerred performance big engined cars. I was looking for one of these a few years ago and they are rare to find in good condition, rarer still with such low milleage. I hope she finds a good home.

They dont make them like that anymore, a cliche but in this case very true.
Alfa GTV 3.0
Ford Capri Perana V8
Chevy Lumina Supercharged

Wait not for tomorrow to do what can be done today, live each day for one knows not what the next day may hold.

Interceptor

Post by Interceptor » Sun 24 Mar 2013, 01:19

You can say that again, Perana!

That "something" is missing in small capacity, twin-cam, multi-valve, turbo engines. Don't get me wrong, they can be very exciting in their own right and do a zillion miles on a drop of petrol, but personally, I dislike winding up an engine like a jet turbine to get into the power band.
When I put my foot down, I want immediate response and power.

I dislike the idea of an engine that was built by robots.
I like the idea of an actual human being somewhere "Down-under" in dirty overalls, whom hand assembled my engine, and a tear rolling down his cheek as he mounted the winged Tickford badge as the final touch.

I dislike accelerating, and the car goes wiiirrrrr.
I like blasting down a country road, and it sounds like the apocalypse.

The large capacity N/A motors we might still find today are reserved for only very exotic cars, and even in a year or two it will be something from a bygone era.

What I like about the Falcon is that it was a relatively inexpensive car compared to European an Japanese sedans, offered everything they did, but blew the doors of most of them while showing a middle finger to conventionalism. Not that the XR6's straight six is totally devoid of technology, but by just looking at the engine one can see that it is basically the same as those from the 60's. But hey, if it ain't broken, don't fix it!

Long live single cams and cubic inches!

ters

Post by ters » Sun 24 Mar 2013, 07:08

Interceptor wrote:You can say that again, Perana!

That "something" is missing in small capacity, twin-cam, multi-valve, turbo engines. Don't get me wrong, they can be very exciting in their own right and do a zillion miles on a drop of petrol, but personally, I dislike winding up an engine like a jet turbine to get into the power band.
When I put my foot down, I want immediate response and power.

I dislike the idea of an engine that was built by robots.
I like the idea of an actual human being somewhere "Down-under" in dirty overalls, whom hand assembled my engine, and a tear rolling down his cheek as he mounted the winged Tickford badge as the final touch.

I dislike accelerating, and the car goes wiiirrrrr.
I like blasting down a country road, and it sounds like the apocalypse.

The large capacity N/A motors we might still find today are reserved for only very exotic cars, and even in a year or two it will be something from a bygone era.

What I like about the Falcon is that it was a relatively inexpensive car compared to European an Japanese sedans, offered everything they did, but blew the doors of most of them while showing a middle finger to conventionalism. Not that the XR6's straight six is totally devoid of technology, but by just looking at the engine one can see that it is basically the same as those from the 60's. But hey, if it ain't broken, don't fix it!

Long live single cams and cubic inches!
Amen!

Great looking car, good luck with the sale.

Ters.
When it comes to the wife its easier to beg for forgiveness than ask for permission!
AMC Forum now accessible on Tapatalk! http://www.tsclassicclinic.co.za/

johan wepener

Post by johan wepener » Sun 24 Mar 2013, 11:30

This Falcon is in very good condition.A lot of car for relative small money. And yes,I could never understand
how some people prefer a small turbo screaming engine instead of one with big capacity which can idles along all day at super low revs.

Success with the sale.

Johan
JOHAN WEPENER

IF YOU WISH TO DRAW AN INFERENCE IT HAS TO BE CONSISTENT WITH ALL THE PROVEN FACTS.IF NOT, THE INFERENCE CANNOT BE DRAWN

72XYGT

Post by 72XYGT » Sun 24 Mar 2013, 19:52

What a nice car!
Stunning, stunning!!!! And low milage too.
From the pictures this car looks very neat. I can see this was looked after well. Have you had this car since new?
The leather seats got me puzzled though. All the XR6 models came with a velor type material. I have never seen a XR6 with leather seats. And that nogal a two-tone. This must be very rare or maybe a special order when the car was ordered.
I know the Fairmonts came with leather seats, but not in a two-tone. This two-tone is very special.
As you say these Tickford edition XR6' can move and have a very powerfull thrust if you give it stick. Yet fuel consumption on these cars are very good IF you drive it like an old man :lol: :lol:
Good luck with the sale. If it wasnt for my decision NO MORE OLD CARS, I would have most certainly took it over from you. I always wanted a XR6 like yours.
Good luck with the sale. I hope it gets a good home. I still say in time to come these XR6' will become real collector items.

C-Body Barge

Post by C-Body Barge » Sun 24 Mar 2013, 22:22

What a fantastic car. I was also under the impression the XR6 came with cloth seats only.
Hot rodders recycle, where's those prius' going when the greenies have a new fad.

Social Media