Forum rules
When posting topics on the forum please make sure:
  • ● The posts are not political
  • ● The posts are not about religion
  • ● Please keep posts civil and don't be nasty to other members
Burnthosetyres

Re: Scottburgh Classic car show 2012

Post by Burnthosetyres » Tue 31 Jul 2012, 07:05

I went to Scottburgh show 2 years ago and it wasn't great. Seems I missed a good one this year. Next Sun Thundersport are doing a car show amongst other events at Shongweni polo fields that seems worth going to.
'A Camaro is a little animal that eats Mustangs!'

ZA Perana

Post by ZA Perana » Tue 31 Jul 2012, 07:20

Great pictures, thanks for posting. Its great to see a Viva GT again, cant recall if I have ever seen one apart from pics in the CAR Road Test in 1970! Nice to see an orginal one, did it still have the twin exhaust set up?

The "Can Am" looks good too, pity it doesnt have the orginal wheels on it...
Alfa GTV 3.0
Ford Capri Perana V8
Chevy Lumina Supercharged

Wait not for tomorrow to do what can be done today, live each day for one knows not what the next day may hold.

Craig

Post by Craig » Tue 31 Jul 2012, 08:34

Hi thanks Burnthosetyres, I'll sure make a plan to go view. Is it open to provate peopel or a club event? I live near by so will go look should have my Ranchero on the road by then. I don't know the Canam that well but drove a chev ferenzer 2.5 once and recognized the Chev Ferenza badge on the grill center the shape is similar. Both these cars dashes looked the same with nice small speedo and rev counters. They were both set up for racing and had a serious set of pedals on then recall noticing dual levers going from the brake pedal. Here a pic of the Viva rear.
Attachments
Viva GT rear.JPG
Viva GT rear.JPG (159.12 KiB) Viewed 2627 times
1984 928S
1970 Fairlane
1972 Ranchero

Insomnia

Post by Insomnia » Tue 31 Jul 2012, 09:48

Thanks for the pics Craig.

Cross Flow Lotus7

Post by Cross Flow Lotus7 » Tue 31 Jul 2012, 12:46

Did not manage to take my car to the show as we went down Port Edward way to San Lameer for the weekend. I did stop on the way back as my father and mother in law took two cars to the show. Austin Healey 3000 mk1 1959 and a Baywindow Kombi with a 3l Ford conversion.

It was a nice and breazy day, by the time we got there, quite a few cars already left. We got there just about one o clock. And only two 7's were there. Not as busy as before but reasonable turnout car wise. Unfortunately no pics from my side.

Craig

Post by Craig » Wed 01 Aug 2012, 20:04

Yes there were at least 4 or 6 lotus 7's that I recall. The Nissan Skyline GTR was a bit new, but nice to see those monster break disks never the less. Yip I enjoy this show and I've been to all 3 so far with the Fairlane. Feel bad I never got a gap to go meet Peter the event organiser, so I will have no choice but to go again next year. :-)
Yes sorry I'm not sure how to respond to all, but thanks for the comments and sorry I never took more pics.
1984 928S
1970 Fairlane
1972 Ranchero

GRUNTY

Post by GRUNTY » Wed 01 Aug 2012, 22:26

Hi Gordini,the first Can is the ex Mike Forsyth car I bought awhile back and have now rebuilt to race in the forthcoming season. We have tried to keep the car looking as close to standard as possible to the original street car but some mods are neccessary for racing.The 16" BMW rims are a no no as is the bonnet scoop and the enlarged lower radiator duct.this will be done soon but after a quick session at Hesketh we are heading in right direction.Cheers, Grunty.

zahistorics

Post by zahistorics » Thu 02 Aug 2012, 00:34

Craig wrote:Canam not sure if original but was 2 of them. They sure are nice though.
The one in the pic is Grunty's car. Not a genuine Can Am, but an awesome car no less. I saw it race in the rain on the old EL GP circuit a few years ago.

Edit: I posted this at almost the same time as Grunty :)

ZA Perana

Post by ZA Perana » Thu 02 Aug 2012, 07:14

zahistorics wrote:
Craig wrote:Canam not sure if original but was 2 of them. They sure are nice though.
The one in the pic is Grunty's car. Not a genuine Can Am, but an awesome car no less. I saw it race in the rain on the old EL GP circuit a few years ago.

Edit: I posted this at almost the same time as Grunty :)
Those "Can Ams" do look very good, far, far better than some I have seen.
Alfa GTV 3.0
Ford Capri Perana V8
Chevy Lumina Supercharged

Wait not for tomorrow to do what can be done today, live each day for one knows not what the next day may hold.

Craig

Post by Craig » Thu 02 Aug 2012, 08:46

Thanks Grunty, yes it sure looks neat. Like those pedals look like you can't break them. If it was a genuine one I would not race it, lol so you'll have way more fun in it. Yip probably goes betetr than teh originals as things have advanced since then. Glad you brought the cars down to the show.
1984 928S
1970 Fairlane
1972 Ranchero

Social Media