Perana Radiater Dimensions

Any questions or suggestions regarding restorations
ZA Perana

Re: Perana Radiater Dimensions

Post by ZA Perana » Sun 19 Aug 2007, 16:11

Did some better measuring, :D from left to right, the radiator is 67cm, this taken on the rib thats on the bottom of the top tank

From North to south the radiator is 43cm, hard to measure because the bottom tank it below the a piece of body.
Alfa GTV 3.0
Ford Capri Perana V8
Chevy Lumina Supercharged

Wait not for tomorrow to do what can be done today, live each day for one knows not what the next day may hold.

ZA Perana

Post by ZA Perana » Sun 19 Aug 2007, 16:13

72XYGT wrote:
vanz2 wrote: 25 in = 63.5 cm

Vanz, You've got it wrong, it is 635mm :lol: :lol: :lol: that I knew, I grew up with inches and then it was the biggest confusion having to stop thinking in miles, pints, gallons and use the metric system. But ZA, he was born probably 20odd years after the imperial system changed to metric. Why would a INCH measuring tape lying around for everyday use. Strange, very strange!

ZA, I spoke to AJ, and he recommend a bigger 4 core radiater. I agree with him as these 302 motors do tend to run on the hot side. (but I have too also consider costs) I dont want hassles like that down the road and think a electric fan with thermoswitch will help. Fortunately my Capri is not a original BG Perana, rather a DH Special Edition V8, meaning I can build it a bit better than the BG Perana.

Had a good look at some pics of the front cross member alteration on the Perana as well as plates/panels next to the radiater. Not very neat I must say. I would have thought for that sort of work to be marketed still with a Ford warranty workmanship as well as design could have been a bit more professional. But so far I have only seen pics of two Peranas. Remember pics never tell the real thing, so it might even be worse than what I think it is.

Daan

As you say pics only tell half the story, the cross member and the cutting isnt that neat but thats another way to tell a genuine BG car... :mrgreen: but the engine mounts themselves are very substantial..... :D
Alfa GTV 3.0
Ford Capri Perana V8
Chevy Lumina Supercharged

Wait not for tomorrow to do what can be done today, live each day for one knows not what the next day may hold.

V8GFISH

Post by V8GFISH » Wed 29 Aug 2007, 13:30

Hi Daan,

My radiator looks the same as ZA's one. I've got it out at the moment as i had a mishap with the fan clipping the radiator core. I should be getting it back next week as it's getting recored so i could measure it up before i put it back in.
I'm also running 2 thermo fans on the front of the radiator as well as the standard fan and she runs cool all day long. 8)
Cheers, Daz
72 Capri Perana
www.perthcapri.com

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=21

72XYGT

Post by 72XYGT » Wed 29 Aug 2007, 23:06

Yes, thanks that will be a great help. I want to know in particullar what is the dimensions of the top radiater tank. I believe the rest of the radiater (Grenada Perana) is exactly the same as for the Capri Perana.
Can you perhaps count the no of coils on the coil spring as I am starting to look at getting the 14mm springs. The V6 coils is 12mm x 135od and have 6 coils. Once I have all this info I will be ready to make the suspension change.
Daan

Social Media