Exclusive vs Inclusive events

Chat about anything that doenst fit in anywehere else
Forum rules
When posting topics on the forum please make sure:
  • ● The posts are not political
  • ● The posts are not about religion
  • ● Please keep posts civil and don't be nasty to other members

Do you feel events should inclusive of all car enthusiasts.

Poll ended at Sun 14 Aug 2011, 19:53

Yes
41%
No
59%

Total votes: 17

ZA Perana

Re: Exclusive vs Inclusive events

Post by ZA Perana » Mon 25 Jul 2011, 07:56

John, I basically posted this topic after thinking some more about this thread.
http://www.africanmusclecars.com/forum/ ... =15&t=8646
Alfa GTV 3.0
Ford Capri Perana V8
Chevy Lumina Supercharged

Wait not for tomorrow to do what can be done today, live each day for one knows not what the next day may hold.

First V8

Post by First V8 » Mon 25 Jul 2011, 08:52

Its good to be critical about members opinions and have your own view but it is a fair barometer if we vote . My opinion is a event were i can talk to like minded people and not some guy bragging about his 'Double 18 Subs ' in in his Uno Turbo .Lets vote
2010 Chev Lumina SS
1968 Chevy Impala (SOLD)
1968 Vw Beetle ( SOLD)
1963 Mini Pick Up ( Exported to UK )

Graeme

Post by Graeme » Mon 25 Jul 2011, 09:03

Here's my view.New modern "muscle " bores the crap out of me. I will never waste my money on a top gear or investment car or Ferrari whatever car show as I will get bored quickly.Likewise for the modern "muscle"
car owners who think the same about us. I will only go to a show where I have an interest or have been invited to by people who share the same interests.It's like this, would you pay R50 to go to a tupperware party or pay R50 to go to a strip show.Thats the same setup with a car show.
Friends don't let friends drive JUNK.

C-Body Barge

Post by C-Body Barge » Mon 25 Jul 2011, 10:40

When it comes to events or drives or shows i think the public and enthusiast's vote each and every-time they buy a ticket, if the participants of a certain tour or the spectators at a certain event did not enjoy the line up they would not return the next year.. thus killing the chance of this formula working again. As you are referring to the thunder tour in particular, i think you will find you're answers when the cars line up to depart.

As for my vote, John Brits sums it up nicely, and to add, this is how it has been done at most events i have attended, Lets take a really big event like the Goodwood Festival of speed.. Now this is a big one and i have attended this 3 times but to this day i don't remember 1 Ricer as i avoided that section all together.
Hot rodders recycle, where's those prius' going when the greenies have a new fad.

49Shoebox

Post by 49Shoebox » Mon 25 Jul 2011, 12:05

Modern cars...... boring, i wont take my car to a show where there are a bunch of orange nobles parked becouse i would be bored in a few minutes and want to go take my rod somewhere else.. Now if it was at a show where there was a bunch of early Ford pick ups and some muscle id be keen to chat to the oaks etc.. man i wouldt even mind a few of those spring buck things that bounce around... or was that a impala... :mrgreen:

keep chasinig em cbx's with that Capri and dont try chasing a modern blade....
Just enjoy life, it doesnt last forever.

Johann65

Post by Johann65 » Mon 25 Jul 2011, 13:07

Birds of a feather flock together. :D
There is no way that I will take my Classic Malibu to a Muscle Car event or a MG rally meeting.
Nor will I take my "Muscle" Kommando to a "Hot Rod" event. Either way I would be totaly out of place.
You have "Class & Class"
Exclusive events are normally Club events "My Club" and Inclusive events are events like the annual "Vaal Old Wheels".
Thus it depends if it is a type of Car or type of Club event or type of Buddy event.
Don't try and compare apples with pears. :)
Johann
Member No: 209
Ah! Yes I remember it well! (Only GM's!)
1966 Opel Rekord L CLASSIC SEDAN Current Project

First V8

Post by First V8 » Mon 25 Jul 2011, 16:06

[quote][/quote].. man i wouldt even mind a few of those spring buck things that bounce around... or was that a impala... :mrgreen:

Slow down Shoebox , look at Burnthosetyres signature "Camaro's are little animals that eat Stangs " :lol: :lol: :lol: Yes the cars must fit the event . Cars in the Park at Zwartkops soon and you will see more youngsters around the classics than the modern 2bar models .
2010 Chev Lumina SS
1968 Chevy Impala (SOLD)
1968 Vw Beetle ( SOLD)
1963 Mini Pick Up ( Exported to UK )

49Shoebox

Post by 49Shoebox » Mon 25 Jul 2011, 16:39

:lol: :lol: But then he wakes up and the reality hits him square on the "DIFF"!! :lol:
Just enjoy life, it doesnt last forever.

Burnthosetyres

Post by Burnthosetyres » Mon 25 Jul 2011, 18:17

Limited slip diff to you.... Will, if DBN was not so far from CPT I might call you to a ..... haal uit en wys!
'A Camaro is a little animal that eats Mustangs!'

Tony69

Post by Tony69 » Mon 25 Jul 2011, 19:08

Graeme wrote:It's like this, would you pay R50 to go to a tupperware party or pay R50 to go to a strip show.Thats the same setup with a car show.
Well said.... and when we go to this strip show, we don't want to see a 'mixture' of chicks & dudes, I don't care how hot the dudes are.. :lol:

There's only one word to describe going on a run with modern cars.....TRAFFIC ;) :lol:
Same as for car shows... exclusive!.... or else every mall parking area would be a 'car show'.

I can respect a 70s Italian sports car, an old Mercedes roadster, etc, they aren't muscle but still cool and unusual, but an M5, I can see that at any BMW dealership.

Don't get me wrong, the M5 owner is still a 'car guy'.
You enjoy driving your beemer, you buy CAR magazine, you watch F1, well done, youre a car guy, but youre not a classic car guy, as mentioned in the other thread, we are a breed apart.

As for getting stuck on the road, I'd hate for that to happen, I would do everything to try prevent it, but yes, I would be prepared for it.

Social Media