Supplier Details

Any questions or suggestions regarding restorations
User avatar
Johann65
Posts: 6288
Joined: Sun 24 Aug 2008, 13:07
Location: Rothdene, Gauteng

Re: Supplier Details

Post by Johann65 » Sun 07 Mar 2010, 07:50

Great Idea!
Just remember to post the location as a cell phone number can be anywhere.
We have about five major areas, Gauteng, Cape Town, Durbs, Bloem and Eastern Cape. Suggest that the adds be split into areas.
Member No: 209
Ah! Yes I remember it well! (Only GM's!)
1966 Opel Rekord L CLASSIC SEDAN Current Project

User avatar
woblzdesign
Posts: 897
Joined: Mon 12 Jan 2009, 09:37
Contact:

Re: Supplier Details

Post by woblzdesign » Sat 12 Jun 2010, 14:12

DURBAN (old car) SPARES
if any of you guys having trouble looking for old dicontinued spares try these guys:

Township motor spares
031-403 2031
178 Chatsworth Main Road, Chatsworth

Rossburgh Spares
031-465 8510
207b South Coast Road, Bluff

Wayside Spares
031-465 5835
146 Jacobs Road, Clairwood

Moolahs motor spares
031-309 1746
75 Beatrice Street, Durban CBD
(they have an upstairs warehouse thats loaded with old parts for really old cars)

Dhoomas Motor spares
031-409 4211
Shallcross Center,Everest Street, Shallcross

Shallcross Spares
031-409 1395

Moosa's motor spares
031-403 4661
daily drive: VW 1.4 9n3 polo
weekend drive: '72 ford capri v6

Image

roadrunner
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun 27 Jun 2010, 23:16

Re: Supplier Details

Post by roadrunner » Sat 24 Jul 2010, 02:18

hi guys , could anybody assist me with finding where one can obtain suspension rubbers and bushes for a valiant rustler ?

User avatar
barry
Posts: 563
Joined: Tue 21 Apr 2009, 09:10
Location: Stellenbosch

Re: Supplier Details

Post by barry » Sat 24 Jul 2010, 04:30

Hi & welcome - you might want to do an intro :roll: ;)
Try Fanie on the Valiant forum: http://valiant50.co.za/forum2/
He has quite a network built up
just because you welded it - doesn't mean it's welded......

User avatar
gordini
Posts: 5363
Joined: Tue 08 Jan 2008, 18:16
Location: Where the whiner in the recliner is....
Contact:

Re: Supplier Details

Post by gordini » Sun 07 Oct 2012, 21:25

CT Classics.jpg
CT Classics.jpg (45.22 KiB) Viewed 7041 times
We rebuild classic cars from scratch to showroom condition...call us
In my old age...
i drink a tripple,i see double and i act single..



From Malmesbury

User avatar
Saxy
Posts: 121
Joined: Sun 20 Nov 2011, 12:50
Location: Fourways, RSA

Re: Supplier Details

Post by Saxy » Mon 08 Oct 2012, 11:03

Excellent idea to build a database - if someone would simply put all the available names, numbers etc into excel , it could be simply pdf'd and made available as a download on the forum. Any updates can simply be included on a monthly basis. Even better, we could make the excel file available and then members could search by area, category (engine, suspension, brakes etc), make (chevy and GM, Fords don't need repairers) etc. etc.

While we're at it, why not include (in a separate list) those mechanics we have used and trust with our babies?

Ok....pistol, foot, bang....if everybody wants to send names and addresses to me I'll be happy to build a simple excel-based database and pdf it. Sh*t I'm stupid sometimes :lol:

Justin
Snap on 2 and 4, but never lose 1

User avatar
CanAm17
Posts: 272
Joined: Fri 12 Sep 2008, 13:27
Location: Cape Town, South Africa

Re: Supplier Details

Post by CanAm17 » Mon 08 Oct 2012, 12:42

If we're going to be recommending the good guys, should we also consider a list of "bad guys" Obviously there will always be two sides to every story, but if there has been a blatant rip off it would be good to spread the word about the perpetrators.
1967 MGB GT V8
1973 Chev Firenza Can Am
1978 Ferrari 308 GTB
2010 Mini Cooper JCW

User avatar
gordini
Posts: 5363
Joined: Tue 08 Jan 2008, 18:16
Location: Where the whiner in the recliner is....
Contact:

Re: Supplier Details

Post by gordini » Mon 08 Oct 2012, 13:36

CanAm17 wrote:If we're going to be recommending the good guys, should we also consider a list of "bad guys" Obviously there will always be two sides to every story, but if there has been a blatant rip off it would be good to spread the word about the perpetrators.
Very, very good idea Canam. Tiaan ,what do you think :?: :?: :?:
In my old age...
i drink a tripple,i see double and i act single..



From Malmesbury

User avatar
zahistorics
Posts: 4764
Joined: Sun 12 Aug 2007, 13:53
Location: Oxfordshire, United Kingdom
Contact:

Re: Supplier Details

Post by zahistorics » Tue 09 Oct 2012, 02:40

gordini wrote:
CanAm17 wrote:If we're going to be recommending the good guys, should we also consider a list of "bad guys" Obviously there will always be two sides to every story, but if there has been a blatant rip off it would be good to spread the word about the perpetrators.
Very, very good idea Canam. Tiaan ,what do you think :?: :?: :?:
That is a can of worms.... as we have seen before.

User avatar
Johann65
Posts: 6288
Joined: Sun 24 Aug 2008, 13:07
Location: Rothdene, Gauteng

Re: Supplier Details

Post by Johann65 » Tue 09 Oct 2012, 08:25

zahistorics wrote:
gordini wrote:
CanAm17 wrote:If we're going to be recommending the good guys, should we also consider a list of "bad guys" Obviously there will always be two sides to every story, but if there has been a blatant rip off it would be good to spread the word about the perpetrators.
Very, very good idea Canam. Tiaan ,what do you think :?: :?: :?:
That is a can of worms.... as we have seen before.
I agree!! "Let sleeping dogs lie" :roll: :roll:
Member No: 209
Ah! Yes I remember it well! (Only GM's!)
1966 Opel Rekord L CLASSIC SEDAN Current Project

Post Reply

Social Media

     

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests