66-70 Valaint baracuda wanted

Try here if you want something specific
Forum rules
If you are not a regular forum member, please introduce yourself in the Indroduce yourself/Welcome to new members section. Tell who you are, where you are from and some background details. Your advertisements will be deleted if you don't.
drgfinger
Technical Guru

66-70 Valaint baracuda wanted

Post by drgfinger » Wed 05 Aug 2009, 07:40

Looking for a good body /interior /stockish car for a serious cruiser project - anyone know of one around?
Price is niot that much of an issue so long as its a stright car.
The nicest thing about smacking your head against the wall is........the feeling you get when you stop!!

05 Jag S-type R - supercharged v8
95 C4 lt1 corvette

RIP

ZA Perana

Re: 66-70 Valaint baracuda wanted

Post by ZA Perana » Wed 05 Aug 2009, 07:58

drgfinger wrote:Looking for a good body /interior /stockish car for a serious cruiser project - anyone know of one around?
Price is niot that much of an issue so long as its a stright car.
Sounds like a great project! Please dont put a Chev motor in it though..... :D
Alfa GTV 3.0
Ford Capri Perana V8
Chevy Lumina Supercharged

Wait not for tomorrow to do what can be done today, live each day for one knows not what the next day may hold.

Doug Hirkham

Post by Doug Hirkham » Wed 05 Aug 2009, 09:41

What's the matter, Jacques? Are you against progress and refinement?
Long time no see.
Cheers,
Doug

drgfinger
Technical Guru

Post by drgfinger » Wed 05 Aug 2009, 10:20

Wanta are a reto looking car but with all the right bits suspension and brakes and motor wise ,a waffly cruiser with a bit of performance , ultra relaible , thinking of a 383 and a 4 spd od bo , the right brakes , diff , suspension etc.
First thing is to find a good body and taske it from there
The nicest thing about smacking your head against the wall is........the feeling you get when you stop!!

05 Jag S-type R - supercharged v8
95 C4 lt1 corvette

RIP

ZA Perana

Post by ZA Perana » Wed 05 Aug 2009, 13:17

drgfinger wrote:Wanta are a reto looking car but with all the right bits suspension and brakes and motor wise ,a waffly cruiser with a bit of performance , ultra relaible , thinking of a 383 and a 4 spd od bo , the right brakes , diff , suspension etc.
Doug: am good and you, will probably be making a turn, looking for some brakes pads for a Saab I bought...a modern one.
Alfa GTV 3.0
Ford Capri Perana V8
Chevy Lumina Supercharged

Wait not for tomorrow to do what can be done today, live each day for one knows not what the next day may hold.

Bearhawke

Post by Bearhawke » Wed 05 Aug 2009, 15:26

drgfinger wrote:Wanta are a reto looking car but with all the right bits suspension and brakes and motor wise ,a waffly cruiser with a bit of performance , ultra relaible , thinking of a 383 and a 4 spd od bo , the right brakes , diff , suspension etc.
Supposedly; it is easier to swap in a 383 vs a 318-360 into a RHD Mopar A body plus you guys in RSA were actually offered the big block in your C bodies.
Bearhawke in Az, USA

1998 Plymouth Grand Voyager minivan.

383CUDA

Post by 383CUDA » Thu 06 Aug 2009, 14:23

Hi, the 67 to 69 a body cuda's sold as "Valiants" are quite plentiful and mostly affordable. awesome cars, I think you have made a very good decision. I have almost completely finished my 69 Cuda with 383,3 speed auto and 8 3/4 rear end. My number is 076 143 6323 (Etienne). Ill be more than happy to assist and help you with anything related to your new Mopar project. Good luck.
Web: www.automotivefocus.co.za
Mail: Info@automotivefocus.co.za
Instagram: automotive__focus

383CUDA

Post by 383CUDA » Thu 06 Aug 2009, 15:14

The biggest problem as far as I know with small blocks in RHD cars is the oil filter that needs to be relocated., I think a 318 will be ok ,but the only problem with that is that its a 318 he he. :lol: But you could rebuild the 318 with 340 or 360 internals ofter boring oversize, stroke it??. probably some potential. If money is no object, then no task is too big.
Mounts are no problem,(Schumacher in Seattle) you order them from the states, make a small little nick in K frame and big block drops in all cozy like. Its so easy and everything fits perfect. On big blocks there is limited space for headers on drivers side, but if you do "shorty's" or what the bow tie guys call "block huggers" youl be fine. 383's are everywhere, cheap, they have HUGE torque out the box and they have great power building potential.
The auto boxes (torqueflite) are the easiest to drop in, again fitting perfectly to existing tranny crossmember. ;) Better brakes are a very good idea, im not a fan of the "girling" brakes we have on our SA "Valiants", im running mine for now because I just dont have the cash to upgrade to Wilwood or similar, but as soon as I can i will. Bigger torsion bars and HD leaf springs are also the right thing to do, depends on how you want to use your Mopar. Youl need to upgrade to a 8 and 3/4 diff, which you will need to get narrowed. I am now at the narrowing of rear end stage, phoning around and getting in touch with the right people. I love this game.

The potential is limitless

383CUDA

Post by 383CUDA » Fri 21 Aug 2009, 10:30

Hi, have you found a 68A body cuda yet?

Johann65

Post by Johann65 » Fri 21 Aug 2009, 10:50

drgfinger wrote:Wanta are a reto looking car but with all the right bits suspension and brakes and motor wise ,a waffly cruiser with a bit of performance , ultra relaible , thinking of a 383 and a 4 spd od bo , the right brakes , diff , suspension etc.First thing is to find a good body and taske it from there
Check the Junk Mail, They are both Car and 383 on Offer.
Member No: 209
Ah! Yes I remember it well! (Only GM's!)
1966 Opel Rekord L CLASSIC SEDAN Current Project

Social Media