V8 ford capri project

Any questions or suggestions regarding restorations
paulusvrotius1

Re: V8 ford capri project

Post by paulusvrotius1 » Mon 26 Nov 2018, 09:49

I'll have a look at mine and see which type they are. I'm pretty sure mine have the metal chrome surrounds. Here in the UK all the lenses I have seen don't have the screws visible in the lens, they are fastened from behind by the metal surround. I have a small crack in one of my reflectors so wanted to replace the lens with the correct type.
Cheers

My AMC:
1971 Capri Perana Yellow/Blk.

Old Fords never die because some clotheads keep bodging them back together!!

IbanezRG

Post by IbanezRG » Mon 26 Nov 2018, 10:04

paulusvrotius1 wrote:
Mon 26 Nov 2018, 09:49
I'll have a look at mine and see which type they are. I'm pretty sure mine have the metal chrome surrounds. Here in the UK all the lenses I have seen don't have the screws visible in the lens, they are fastened from behind by the metal surround. I have a small crack in one of my reflectors so wanted to replace the lens with the correct type.
These are the other type I think the European Capris have these, I accidentally ordered these from the guy and had to return them, but these had all the lettering on them, think it even says made in England

paulusvrotius1

Post by paulusvrotius1 » Mon 26 Nov 2018, 15:10

Yes those are the ones I can get here, in fact I bought a few then realized they were different to the SA ones.
Cheers

My AMC:
1971 Capri Perana Yellow/Blk.

Old Fords never die because some clotheads keep bodging them back together!!

Social Media