A place where new members can introduce themselves and the forum members can get to know them.
Forum rules
Please the introduction first.

When posting topics on the forum please make sure:
  • ● The posts are not political
  • ● The posts are not about religion
  • ● Please keep posts civil and don't be nasty to other members
Include your real location in your user profie please.
Rig Rat

Post by Rig Rat » Tue 02 Oct 2018, 22:17

Hello All,
My name is Andy Gardner from Port Elizabeth (user name Rig Rat) as I work in the offshore industry of oil and gas.
After many years of looking on in envy I have at long last managed to purchase a Red Lumina SS 6.0L Ute 2009 A/T in what I think is very good condition with only about 83000 k's on the clock. I am looking to slowly get into doing her up. Currently standard but with 20 inch rims. I need to ask members how to go about doing stage 1 to her and what are all the pitfalls to look out for !! I would appreciate any advice from members especially those driving ute's with mods.

Cheers
Attachments
ir-20180917_080001.jpg
ir-20180917_080001.jpg (157.54 KiB) Viewed 3520 times

ZA Perana

Re: New Member

Post by ZA Perana » Tue 02 Oct 2018, 22:27

Welcome to the forum.

I have a whipple supercharged lumina which is pretty far from standard.

First upgrade I would do (if its an auto) is a fit a transmission cooler. Next upgrade I would do are the brakes....then exhaust.

I'll list the upgrades mine has in a separate post.
Alfa GTV 3.0
Ford Capri Perana V8
Chevy Lumina Supercharged

Wait not for tomorrow to do what can be done today, live each day for one knows not what the next day may hold.

Rig Rat

Post by Rig Rat » Wed 03 Oct 2018, 09:06

Appreciated. First I have heard of this. Everyone on other forums are talking about exhausts and branches and getting it remapped but nobody has highlighted that you need the basics of a cooler !!! Brakes are terrible !! They stop the vehicle but have no "feel".
Cheers

marnus

Post by marnus » Thu 04 Oct 2018, 13:44

Welcome!

Nice UTE!!
Regards

Marnus Nortje

1989 Ford Sierra 308 V8
2005 Ford Ranger 2.5TD DC
2004 E46 320i BMW - ex

ZA Perana

Post by ZA Perana » Fri 05 Oct 2018, 10:34

Rig Rat wrote:
Wed 03 Oct 2018, 09:06
Appreciated. First I have heard of this. Everyone on other forums are talking about exhausts and branches and getting it remapped but nobody has highlighted that you need the basics of a cooler !!! Brakes are terrible !! They stop the vehicle but have no "feel".
Cheers
My view is you want to have fun and to do that you want to have reliability. Brakes in standard form aren't great at all, feel isn't a strong point but neither is braking power!

Exhaust, branches and re map are the start usually, cold air induction, like a Rotofab is also nice to do BUT be aware that a UNICHIP wont work on the car at all, despite what any tuner may tell you.
Alfa GTV 3.0
Ford Capri Perana V8
Chevy Lumina Supercharged

Wait not for tomorrow to do what can be done today, live each day for one knows not what the next day may hold.

Social Media