When posting topics on the forum please make sure:
  • ● The posts are not political
  • ● The posts are not about religion
  • ● Please keep posts civil and don't be nasty to other members
ZA Perana

Thoughts on this Mustang

Post by ZA Perana » Fri 06 Jul 2018, 09:13

https://creativerides.co.za/listings/19 ... -fastback/

Requirements are something loud and cool....not sure about the pricing on this though. Pricing aside, anyone know anything about this car and how is this vendor rated?
Alfa GTV 3.0
Ford Capri Perana V8
Chevy Lumina Supercharged

Wait not for tomorrow to do what can be done today, live each day for one knows not what the next day may hold.

Hansdons

Re: Thoughts on this Mustang

Post by Hansdons » Fri 06 Jul 2018, 10:49

Wow thats one good looking Mustang!!! Price is not bad I saw a nice 69 Pontiac GTO the other day for around R650k.. And at that price it still needed some body work done. This Mustang seems to be in good nick from pictures. But have to see it in real life :-)

WCC

Post by WCC » Sat 07 Jul 2018, 11:18

I understand why people are doing RHD conversions but I still feel sad that we have to ‘butcher’ originals this way to comply with regulations that makes no sense and just adds to the cost of getting these lovely classics on the road.

Re CR, I’ve received some very good advice on this forum. They seem to move cars at high proces which is geat for the market. I’ve had one dealing with them. I like to believe it had more to do with the salesman total lack of knowledge about what he was sellling, his very astute typical used car salesman tactics of being as vague as humanly possible and his finale of BS’ing me about registration, rather than what the shop is all about and their ethics. Personally, I would try and deal with the owners if possible, rather than a salesman.

ZA Perana

Post by ZA Perana » Sat 07 Jul 2018, 11:48

WCC wrote:I understand why people are doing RHD conversions but I still feel sad that we have to ‘butcher’ originals this way to comply with regulations that makes no sense and just adds to the cost of getting these lovely classics on the road.

Re CR, I’ve received some very good advice on this forum. They seem to move cars at high proces which is geat for the market. I’ve had one dealing with them. I like to believe it had more to do with the salesman total lack of knowledge about what he was sellling, his very astute typical used car salesman tactics of being as vague as humanly possible and his finale of BS’ing me about registration, rather than what the shop is all about and their ethics. Personally, I would try and deal with the owners if possible, rather than a salesman.
Good point. I phoned yesterday and the guy I dealt with did not seem to know much about the car at all. Very vague..

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Alfa GTV 3.0
Ford Capri Perana V8

Wait not for tomorrow to do what can be done today, live each day for one knows not what the next day may hold.

BigBerns

Post by BigBerns » Wed 29 Aug 2018, 11:10

That's a really nice fastback and the paint job looks spot on, and they're not really butchering them because they still look good but I see where you're coming from

parkerya

Post by parkerya » Thu 30 Aug 2018, 08:32

Steering wheel looks is a bit cheap. 427ci is always a yes yes
" better to be a racer for a moment than a spectator for a lifetime"

KSF

Post by KSF » Fri 31 Aug 2018, 11:09

Not to sound negative, but am I the only one that expects a bit better for a R1m car?

There are problems with the paint, lots of panel fit up problems and the bonnet looks awful, it does not fit properly at all. If there are attention to detail problems one can spot this easily on a small format photograph, there will be a lot more in the metal.

And if there are such oversights and lack of attention to detail on the bodywork, there are probably a lot more in other areas. For me it is maybe a R500k car in this state and only because of the rarity and fact that it already has some good parts on it. For a bar I would expect excellence and near perfection.

ZA Perana

Post by ZA Perana » Fri 31 Aug 2018, 22:14

KSF wrote:
Fri 31 Aug 2018, 11:09
Not to sound negative, but am I the only one that expects a bit better for a R1m car?

There are problems with the paint, lots of panel fit up problems and the bonnet looks awful, it does not fit properly at all. If there are attention to detail problems one can spot this easily on a small format photograph, there will be a lot more in the metal.

And if there are such oversights and lack of attention to detail on the bodywork, there are probably a lot more in other areas. For me it is maybe a R500k car in this state and only because of the rarity and fact that it already has some good parts on it. For a bar I would expect excellence and near perfection.
I agree with you.
Alfa GTV 3.0
Ford Capri Perana V8

RussKas

Post by RussKas » Mon 24 Sep 2018, 13:35

This is why you ask questions like this on a forum. I would have never spotted flaws like that on my own. haha

ters

Post by ters » Mon 24 Sep 2018, 17:20

RussKas wrote:
Mon 24 Sep 2018, 13:35
This is why you ask questions like this on a forum. I would have never spotted flaws like that on my own. haha
An introduction please? https://www.africanmusclecars.com/forum ... m.php?f=41

Ters.
When it comes to the wife its easier to beg for forgiveness than ask for permission!
AMC Forum now accessible on Tapatalk! http://www.tsclassicclinic.co.za/

Social Media