When posting topics on the forum please make sure:
  • ● The posts are not political
  • ● The posts are not about religion
  • ● Please keep posts civil and don't be nasty to other members
Jason

Gentlemen, is this true?

Post by Jason » Fri 02 Mar 2018, 08:09

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z58VXEVgp7

Saw this in the Daily Mail so thought I would ask for your take on it. I know it is possibly a very volatile subject but it comes across as very disturbing.

johan wepener

Re: Gentlemen, is this true?

Post by johan wepener » Fri 02 Mar 2018, 16:48

Jason wrote:
Fri 02 Mar 2018, 08:09
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z58VXEVgp7

Saw this in the Daily Mail so thought I would ask for your take on it. I know it is possibly a very volatile subject but it comes across as very disturbing.
Yes the article in the newspaper is true.

Johan
JOHAN WEPENER

IF YOU WISH TO DRAW AN INFERENCE IT HAS TO BE CONSISTENT WITH ALL THE PROVEN FACTS.IF NOT, THE INFERENCE CANNOT BE DRAWN

WCC

Post by WCC » Fri 02 Mar 2018, 20:02

Jason, the problem with the mainstream media is that they need to sell news and nothing sells like sensationalism. There are a lot of assumptions in that story and opinion, which the reader should be careful of.

Here’s a post from another site which I think brings a sense of rationality to the fore.
Fat Al wrote:This is all about 2019 elections. The EFF will be reduced to irrelevance without this rhetoric. Zuma is gone and they need a cause to rally around (see them getting more desperate for causes such as health provision at hospitals etc). Race baiting is easy but limited and without land as a rallying point the EFF have nothing. CR has basically boxed them in. But he has to manage it carefully. CR is talking to 2 constituencies and balancing them quite well. The markets have already given CR several warning shots about when it is getting too populist. The Rand dropped 20c on the parliamentary vote then stabilised. CR has managed to calm the bankers down a bit but they have a wait and see attitude. A lot will happen before August. EFF also has a problem trying not to lose their identity in coalition politics. The land issue card was probably played too soon and will be secondary by 2019 unless the EFF can keep stoking it. If they go into coalition with the ANC then 2019 campaign is over right now and the EFF will go the way of the PAC. The DA seems to be bewildered bystanders at this stage. EFF only has relevance if they seem to be driving the national agenda and boxing above their weight. Overreaction and hysteria serves to boost the EFF message. The EFF is not actually communist but rather fascist in their methods and ideology, despite what they say. Also it would be surprising if the EFF grows more than 5% from their 2016 showing in 2019.

Waterhond

Post by Waterhond » Fri 02 Mar 2018, 20:31

the problem with the mainstream media is that they need to sell news and nothing sells like sensationalism
Amen !

Let the fear mongering begin.

johan wepener

Post by johan wepener » Sat 03 Mar 2018, 11:51

Waterhond wrote:
Fri 02 Mar 2018, 20:31
the problem with the mainstream media is that they need to sell news and nothing sells like sensationalism
Amen !

Let the fear mongering begin.
When the ruling party of a country which party has about 60 % of the power in parliament officially decides to amend section 25

of the country's Constitution which will pave the way for the government to take land from anybody without compensation and the

main stream media reports that irrational decision of the ruling party and which decision is supported by other parties in parliament

I cannot for one second imagine that the main stream media is chasing sensation for reporting the utter stupid decisions of the ruling

party.

When subjects ignore these blatantly catastrophic politics and or make as if it is just small play and nothing to worry about

the clock is near to 12 pm. It does not help to bury one's head like an ostrich in the sand and cross fingers that the evil will go away.

Luckily many South African individuals, politicians and organisations will keep the pressure on the lid to prevent this archaic stupidity

to proceed. May common sense prevail.

Amen.

Johan
JOHAN WEPENER

IF YOU WISH TO DRAW AN INFERENCE IT HAS TO BE CONSISTENT WITH ALL THE PROVEN FACTS.IF NOT, THE INFERENCE CANNOT BE DRAWN

johan wepener

Post by johan wepener » Sat 03 Mar 2018, 12:04

I have just noted that my post is in contravention of the Rules of the Forum. The Rule is clear,

no postings of a political nature.

I am however not guilty of contravening the Rules of the Forum. I have acted within the parameters of

our common law which stipulates very clearly that an act in emergency defense (read defense of our land and all the

poor people without a job who will further suffer under this irrationality of the land grabbing ruling party),

is not wrong,not illegal.

But in any event, I will not post anything further re this. I promise.

Johan
JOHAN WEPENER

ZA Perana

Post by ZA Perana » Sat 03 Mar 2018, 17:08

johan wepener wrote:
Sat 03 Mar 2018, 12:04
I have just noted that my post is in contravention of the Rules of the Forum. The Rule is clear,

I am however not guilty of contravening the Rules of the Forum. I have acted within the parameters of

our common law which stipulates very clearly that an act in emergency defense (read defense of our land and all the

poor people without a job who will further suffer under this irrationality of the land grabbing ruling party),

Johan
Its quite fine Johan. I am watching this thread closely should anything get out of hand. Perhaps I should have closed it down at the beginning but I am pleased in the way the debate has gone.

My only comment re the subject is to always have ones eyes and ones mind open.
Alfa GTV 3.0
Ford Capri Perana V8
Chevy Lumina Supercharged

Wait not for tomorrow to do what can be done today, live each day for one knows not what the next day may hold.

johan wepener

Post by johan wepener » Sat 03 Mar 2018, 20:04

ZA Perana wrote:
Sat 03 Mar 2018, 17:08
johan wepener wrote:
Sat 03 Mar 2018, 12:04

Johan
Its quite fine Johan. I am watching this thread closely should anything get out of hand. Perhaps I should have closed it down at the beginning but I am pleased in the way the debate has gone.

My only comment re the subject is to always have ones eyes and ones mind open.
ZA Perana, I agree with your point of view. Thank you for being objective and a true blooded South African who wish the best

for all our brothers and sisters in this fantastic land.

Johan
JOHAN WEPENER

RASSIE

Post by RASSIE » Sun 04 Mar 2018, 04:37

For me who work and hate news nothing have changed. I listen to my country music when I work and just do what I did for 40+ years. Monday I have to pay R.6000+ for car licenses and water went from R.350 a month to R.1000 a month. Who cares just work harder and make more money. :lol: :lol:
I will still drive my V8.
Have a good week members.
Rassie.
http://www.rassiesauto.co.za/
“Cowboys do not ride donkeys”
“I will die driving a V8”

Jason

Post by Jason » Mon 05 Mar 2018, 00:47

Gents,

You can lock this thread if you need to, I don't want to open a can of worms. I live in the US and our news is HORRIBLE. We do not get good coverage of international news, just a lot of lies and misleading BS that is intended to stir up the population. So, when I read this article I could only think of Zimbabwe an what has happened to that country. Anyway, best of luck to you all and keep building hot rods.

Social Media