Newbie from Germany

A place where new members can introduce themselves and the forum members can get to know them.
Forum rules
Please the introduction first.

When posting topics on the forum please make sure:
  • ● The posts are not political
  • ● The posts are not about religion
  • ● Please keep posts civil and don't be nasty to other members
Include your real location in your user profie please.
Mach 1

Newbie from Germany

Post by Mach 1 » Wed 24 Jan 2018, 10:52

Hi together,

my name is Felix and live in Germany. Currently I have a 69 Mustang 351 cui Mach 1 and some days ago I bought a 82 Granada 2.3 V6. As my family is crazy about cars and there exist some more Oldtimers, we are also looking currently for a Perana Capri or Granada. In my opinion absolutely amazing car. Regarding the Perana topic I need some assistance from the experts here. We already found some in the web, but as I read there are many fake cars on the market and you have to be careful what you buy. So I need your assistance how to identify an original Perana...so I hope to find some kind of a buying advice list with all the things listed that make a Perana original and of course your advices to find one...

In a first step I add here are two links I find in the www.

The text says it is a BG347: http://www.howzit.co.za/a/classic-cars- ... -sale.html

Here the doortag says BG347 but the pictures are different from the first link: https://www.gumtree.co.za/a-classic-vin ... 0163423909

So in my opinion we have the same BG, but different cars when you compare the engine...looks like a fake! You see, I need your assistance to identify a Perana if will visit one in the future somewhere and of course I am looking forward to your opinion.

Where do I find such a advice list?
Is there also something comparable like the Marti report for Mustangs for the Peranas - database, reports or sth. similar?

Looking forward to some good conversations!

Cheers
Felix

ZA Perana

Re: Newbie from Germany

Post by ZA Perana » Wed 24 Jan 2018, 13:11

Hi and welcome!

I would agree there is something off with those two cars, I have seen BG347 and as far as I know its been in CT for 10+ years and still is in Cape Town.

Unfortunately there isn't a database at all. The first thing I would note is any Capri with a BG number exceeding 500 is likely to be a converted one or has a Granada Perana motor installed.

The position of the steering rack is also different on the Perana versus the regular Capri.
Alfa GTV 3.0
Ford Capri Perana V8
Chevy Lumina Supercharged

Wait not for tomorrow to do what can be done today, live each day for one knows not what the next day may hold.

paulusvrotius1

Post by paulusvrotius1 » Wed 24 Jan 2018, 15:17

Hi Felix,Welcome to the forum.
Those are definitely two completely different cars, look at the wheel arches.
I would think the second car, the one with the CA (Cape Town) registration, looks more like the real thing but it is difficult knowing from pictures alone.
At least the seller has provided a lot more pictures of the car.
Cheers

My AMC:
1971 Capri Perana Yellow/Blk.

Old Fords never die because some clotheads keep bodging them back together!!

ZA Perana

Post by ZA Perana » Wed 24 Jan 2018, 20:12

paulusvrotius1 wrote:
Wed 24 Jan 2018, 15:17
Hi Felix,Welcome to the forum.
Those are definitely two completely different cars, look at the wheel arches.
I would think the second car, the one with the CA (Cape Town) registration, looks more like the real thing but it is difficult knowing from pictures alone.
At least the seller has provided a lot more pictures of the car.
I have had a fairly good look at the CT car in the past, its not bad but very devoid of engine bay detailing and I think it has sold. How close they got to the asking price I don't know...
Alfa GTV 3.0
Ford Capri Perana V8

Wait not for tomorrow to do what can be done today, live each day for one knows not what the next day may hold.

Mach 1

Post by Mach 1 » Wed 24 Jan 2018, 21:53

Hi together,

thanks a lot for your opinion and the friendly feedback. So we agree that something is wrong with the first one...to be honest I don´t like all that Edelbrock stuff, but that doesn´t matter in this case :lol: . So the car from CT is interesting ... I will contact the seller and hear if the car is still available and if they have any information about the history, past owners and modification/repairs/restorations. One point is also important for me, I will ask for further pictures....which detailed pictures of which parts will help to experience more about the origin of the car? Can you pls give me some advices.

Do you have here in the forum a kind of "purchase information/advice list"? We have such a list also in the German Mustang forum to help new people to experience more about the weak points and originality.

Are there any other selling platforms you can recommend? To find a original will be like looking for a needle in a haystack :D but of course we are not in a hurry. Do you have an idea how many of the 500-550 Capri Perana survived until today and how many Granadas were built and still exist?

Thanks a lot for your friendly help!

Cheers
Felix

ZA Perana

Post by ZA Perana » Thu 25 Jan 2018, 07:00

Mach 1 wrote:
Wed 24 Jan 2018, 21:53
Hi together,

thanks a lot for your opinion and the friendly feedback. So we agree that something is wrong with the first one...to be honest I don´t like all that Edelbrock stuff, but that doesn´t matter in this case :lol: . So the car from CT is interesting ... I will contact the seller and hear if the car is still available and if they have any information about the history, past owners and modification/repairs/restorations. One point is also important for me, I will ask for further pictures....which detailed pictures of which parts will help to experience more about the origin of the car? Can you pls give me some advices.

Do you have here in the forum a kind of "purchase information/advice list"? We have such a list also in the German Mustang forum to help new people to experience more about the weak points and originality.

Are there any other selling platforms you can recommend? To find a original will be like looking for a needle in a haystack :D but of course we are not in a hurry. Do you have an idea how many of the 500-550 Capri Perana survived until today and how many Granadas were built and still exist?

Thanks a lot for your friendly help!

Cheers
Felix
In terms of pictures, I would want to see the underneath of the car in its entirety, engine bay, differential, interior. As to how many exist, not really too sure, conservatively I would reckon perhaps 250 or so. I also have my doubts whether production ever crossed the 500 mark, in fact I cannot recall ever seeing a Capri Perana with a BG number in the 400's.
Alfa GTV 3.0
Ford Capri Perana V8

ters

Post by ters » Thu 25 Jan 2018, 14:40

Welcome Felix!

Ters.
When it comes to the wife its easier to beg for forgiveness than ask for permission!
AMC Forum now accessible on Tapatalk! http://www.tsclassicclinic.co.za/

Burnthosetyres

Post by Burnthosetyres » Mon 29 Jan 2018, 06:43

Welcome Felix. Good Info and knowledge on this forum.
'A Camaro is a little animal that eats Mustangs!'

mdzgiovanni

Post by mdzgiovanni » Thu 01 Mar 2018, 03:23

Welcome to the community!
Need to take a break. My set of foose wheels and toyo tires arrived. I'll be replacing the wheels on my own.

Johann66

Post by Johann66 » Thu 01 Mar 2018, 15:53

Welkomin Felix. Johann

Social Media