Forum sterf/ or what is it ,cold and rain?

Chat about anything that doenst fit in anywehere else
Forum rules
When posting topics on the forum please make sure:
  • ● The posts are not political
  • ● The posts are not about religion
  • ● Please keep posts civil and don't be nasty to other members
RASSIE

Forum sterf/ or what is it ,cold and rain?

Post by RASSIE » Wed 17 May 2017, 16:03

I have seen the up and down and many members die alive. :lol: :lol:
Why? No more Muscle cars or way to rich?
Oom Johann jy sal kan antwoord, as you are loyal to the forum. Even the main Sheriff is dead or alive?
Yes it is strange? :?: 8O

Rassie.
http://www.rassiesauto.co.za/
“Cowboys do not ride donkeys”
“I will die driving a V8”

Johann66

Re: Forum sterf/ or what is it ,cold and rain?

Post by Johann66 » Wed 17 May 2017, 16:24

Hullo all,
I may be wrong but the glitches in the program has had a negative influence on participation.
Another factor is that we have a reasonable viewership but they are silent. The hits show this.
I think finances may also play a role as the market prices are not affordable and money is short!
To advertise a R75,000 car for R150,000 and it is not a collectors item is killing the forum and the market!
Also auto parts are out of line!
Example: Power steering pump for Peugeot 406:
2014: Self repair of "Unrepairable pump (Seal) R100. I did this.
2014; New pump R4500
2017: New pump R6000
2017 Used pump R1500
2017 Used pump from UK R700.
Our Rand is worth junk!!

Shaughn

Post by Shaughn » Wed 17 May 2017, 17:35

Content ..

FPT

Post by FPT » Wed 17 May 2017, 18:21

Agree on content.

I visit almost daily, but what topics are about African Muscle Cars.

Not much interested or do not have much knowledge about the other stuff especially Chevvy's, so I do not comment.
Greetings
André

There is no Replacement for Displacement!!!

Shaughn

Post by Shaughn » Wed 17 May 2017, 19:16

PHPbb the forum concept and the actual software being used, is a old boring format, running the default silver light theme also shows little interest, the site as well is dated.

There is No social interaction or even integration with social networks to help grow the community or to work to get a younger market involved.
If the site also does not have mods and admins who are active, beyond just sharing links of parts for sale on other websites or talking about NON muscle car related topics etc, then it will die daily.

I have offered to assist with redesigns and modernization, even host the thing free of charge on my servers, but to be brutally honest the site and forum appear to be an after thought and not given the time or updates to bring it to the next generation.

Within 30 days you could literally double user interactions in encourage new people, it really is super easy.
I myself find it hard to continue to come back here, it is not user friendly, not easy to share or spread and the tapatalk is rubbish, etc etc I have tried to be active, but if it was 2003 or 2004 then this type of digital approach would work, 2017 a lot more effort is needed.

I still do pop in now and then, and its just my opinion, no disrespect meant as i know a lot of work still went into what is here. :D

Shaughn

Post by Shaughn » Wed 17 May 2017, 19:43

When i say i am willing to help i mean it.

Free hosting and monthly traffic.
I can assist with the Facebook page, Group integration and user O-Auth sign ups via an app.
Instagram account integration, posting and user O-Auth sign ups via an app.
YouTube channel build, integration with user O-Auth sign ups via an app.
Redesign of the forums look, layout and feel to be 100% responsive in design, and 100% mobile & tablet friendly.
Ios and Android friendly.
A phone APP.
Integration for a classifieds system for users to by sell and trade parts (like OLX).
Implement proper spam and DDos attack security measure.
Proper user profiles, user badges & content rewards for participation etc.
Weekly content updates, user picture and video submission forms, user build submissions, etc
Resources and links
I can even arrange weekly Drag filming and uploading and car show filming and coverage. sky is the limit and i have the time :)

We can make it a great community, we just need to have it modernized, what i lack in car knowledge i have in web skills and social media marketing :D
Last edited by Shaughn on Wed 17 May 2017, 20:08, edited 1 time in total.

werner

Post by werner » Wed 17 May 2017, 20:07

I think this site do need some one like you Shaughn.

What better than a promoter that knows his way with modern systems. Die forum mag dalk nie weet wat hom getref het nie.

One might even be in a situation that you need to select what you want to read in your available time.

I know the site is old, but if it is made more modern and appealing for newcomers, wont the old entries get lost. I do love to read the old entries. A lot of knowledge in there.

Shaughn

Post by Shaughn » Wed 17 May 2017, 20:11

Everything old will be retained, it will be easier to find old articles, interact with them and see who has been active.

NOTHING will be lost, old members will find it WAY easier to use and way simpler. But new members can join, interact and be part of the site with the click of a button.

Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey » Wed 17 May 2017, 20:19

That's mighty nice of you Shaughn to offer your expertise!!! It does sound very appealing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

werner

Post by werner » Wed 17 May 2017, 20:24

Shaughn, I'm sure now that it is mentioned and in discussion, the moderators and owner of the site will be interested. It can only be good for the site.

Social Media