Opel Manta

Sell your muscle car
Forum rules
If you are not a regular forum member, please introduce yourself in the Indroduce yourself/Welcome to new members section. Tell who you are, where you are from and some background details. Your advertisements will be deleted if you don't.
  • ● All adverts must include pictures and a price. This is not a bidding site.
  • ● Please respond to enquiries, if you don't respond your add will be removed.
  • ● Please change an item heading to SOLD when it is sold.
  • ● Members are allowed 12 adverts per year to make sure the forum stays an enthusiast platform.
BURT

Opel Manta

Post by BURT » Sun 24 Jul 2016, 09:19

Hi have a Manta for sale:
No a Papers
Rolling chassis
Minor rust
Extra doors and fenders in good condition
Windscreen cracked all other glass present

Asking Price R12500

Call 0712625542 or PM

Thanks
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (250.84 KiB) Viewed 4927 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (256.03 KiB) Viewed 4927 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (270.68 KiB) Viewed 4927 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (244.26 KiB) Viewed 4927 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (295.61 KiB) Viewed 4927 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (236.13 KiB) Viewed 4927 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (224.34 KiB) Viewed 4927 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (232.07 KiB) Viewed 4927 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (212.74 KiB) Viewed 4927 times

ZA Perana

Re: Opel Manta

Post by ZA Perana » Sun 24 Jul 2016, 10:58

Apart from having no paper this seems like a nice basis for a project.
Alfa GTV 3.0
Ford Capri Perana V8
Chevy Lumina Supercharged

Wait not for tomorrow to do what can be done today, live each day for one knows not what the next day may hold.

barrydorr

Post by barrydorr » Wed 31 Aug 2016, 11:19

ZA Perana wrote:Apart from having no paper this seems like a nice basis for a project.
To me it seems to far gone...Just a parts car in my opinion.

No engine, no windscreen, no papers...

@Burt...you say 'Minor Rust'...what i can tell from the pictures it seems quite more rust than just Minor?
My Toys:
1974 Opel Manta 1900 DL
2008 Mitsubishi Outlander

1972 Toyota Corona MKII 1600 - Bakkie (SOLD)
1991 Opel Kadett GSi 2lt-16V Superboss (SOLD)

johan wepener

Post by johan wepener » Thu 01 Sep 2016, 19:05

When a forum member bona fide advertises a vehicle or whatever on this forum, it is not fair towards that forum

member when another forum member criticises the object that has been advertised, the price or whatever.

It is not good manners to put a stick in the wheel of a co-member's effort to sell something. It is wrong.

Please do not hide behind the notion that every-one has the right to his or her opinion. That argument

is not only selfish, but also totally irrelevant in this specific circumstances. And it does the Forum no good.

Never do to others which you do not wish upon yourself.

Johan
JOHAN WEPENER

IF YOU WISH TO DRAW AN INFERENCE IT HAS TO BE CONSISTENT WITH ALL THE PROVEN FACTS.IF NOT, THE INFERENCE CANNOT BE DRAWN

RASSIE

Post by RASSIE » Thu 01 Sep 2016, 19:09

+1.
Rassie.
http://www.rassiesauto.co.za/
“Cowboys do not ride donkeys”
“I will die driving a V8”

First V8

Post by First V8 » Thu 01 Sep 2016, 19:57

Agreed Johan W . Let the man sell it it in piece .
2010 Chev Lumina SS
1968 Chevy Impala (SOLD)
1968 Vw Beetle ( SOLD)
1963 Mini Pick Up ( Exported to UK )

BURT

Post by BURT » Thu 01 Sep 2016, 20:53

The car is still available and open to reasonable offers thank you.

I work with rust on daily basis ,Durban rust being the worst I've ever seen . If it was bad there would be no reason why I would not let you guys know in the ad or to any prospective buyer.I can understand though it just seems the norm today on some other sites when selling an old car or anything for that fact ,that people will mislead others and think absolutly nothing thereof just to make a buck .

Nuvesh

Post by Nuvesh » Thu 01 Sep 2016, 21:36

Hi there fellow forum members. @Johan with regards to your above post,I do believe that it was said by you in one of the previous topics regarding my 66 mustang which ended up being posted by another member on this site that "the fact is that all of us are entitled to our opinion and on this forum, members do give their opinions freely and that makes the AMC forum a very enjoyable and informative forum".Please advise as to why this post is any different. @ Burt GLWS.

johan wepener

Post by johan wepener » Fri 02 Sep 2016, 12:32

Burt advertised his Manta as a member of this forum under cars for sale by members of this forum.

Your Mustang came on the forum under "cars for sale on other website or forums" .

The situation of Burt and that of yours is light years different.

Of course can our members comment on cars that is advertised on other forum and websites, why

not ? There is nothing wrong with that.

Surely the whole situation is a no brainer.

You have in any event refrained from explaining your hefty price after myself and others invited you to do so.

Johan
JOHAN WEPENER

IF YOU WISH TO DRAW AN INFERENCE IT HAS TO BE CONSISTENT WITH ALL THE PROVEN FACTS.IF NOT, THE INFERENCE CANNOT BE DRAWN

Nuvesh

Post by Nuvesh » Fri 02 Sep 2016, 18:24

Hi Johan, with regards to your response maybe there's something that I'm missing here but Burt and I advertised our vehicles on 2 different websites AMC and Gumtree respectively and we both received some negatives views from the forum members, how are the cases any different from each other. Are you basically trying to say that it's ok for AMC forum members to pass negative comments or give their opinions about items advertised on other websites but they shouldn't if it's advertised on the AMC forum just for the reason that it's a fellow member? In my opinion it comes across as being biased towards other forums or websites. With regards to me "refraining" from explaining my high price, I merely didn't feel it necessary to explain myself since I did not advertise the car on this forum. Hope that clears that up. It just seems that you have contradicted yourself since the mustang post and the current topic. Well this does make the forum quite enjoyable :lol:

Social Media