Forum rules
When posting topics on the forum please make sure:
  • ● The posts are not political
  • ● The posts are not about religion
  • ● Please keep posts civil and don't be nasty to other members
ZA Perana

Outstanding Service: CBF Diep River

Post by ZA Perana » Thu 19 Feb 2015, 18:43

Simply outstanding service from forum member Doug Hirkim, his son Gary and the team at CBF.

Had the Perana taken there on a flat bad last Friday after a period of lets say "hibernation" in the garage due to a stuck clutch, for some reason the clutch wasn't working and I am an accountant so naturally challenged when it comes to working on cars!

CBF, had everything dismantled in around a day, my dad went to have a look at the parts the next day, all the while being kept informed as to the progress on the job. Basically the pressure plate had got stuck to the flywheel.

Everything was cleaned up, skimmed, re installed (for those that know the toploader) this isn't the most enjoyable job trying to set up the linkages. Good news is the clutch is almost new so I didn't need a replacement.

What impressed was the constant updates and it was just a pleasure as it always is to do business with CBF, even when I give them seemingly impossible tasks like finding Saab brake pads!

My dad collected the car today and Doug and team also did a few other odd things he noticed (new choke cable), spark plugs tightened.

Job was done at a great price and there is that piece of mind of knowing it has been done properly.

Thanks CBF and for anyone in Cape Town who needs brake and clutch work I would strongly suggest giving CBF a call.
Alfa GTV 3.0
Ford Capri Perana V8
Chevy Lumina Supercharged

Wait not for tomorrow to do what can be done today, live each day for one knows not what the next day may hold.

Ranger1

Re: Outstanding Service: CBF Diep River

Post by Ranger1 » Thu 19 Feb 2015, 21:34

I've been in there a couple times as well and dealt with Gary. He's always been helpful, offering sound advise and answering all my "stupid" questions, but basically making sure I got an answer for the question that I came in with.
They've also done a great job on my brake calipers for my Rekord and my Isuzu at reasonable prices.

Mark

Johann65

Post by Johann65 » Thu 19 Feb 2015, 21:45

Ranger1 wrote:I've been in there a couple times as well and dealt with Gary. He's always been helpful, offering sound advise and answering all my "stupid" questions, but basically making sure I got an answer for the question that I came in with.
They've also done a great job on my brake calipers for my Rekord and my Isuzu at reasonable prices.
Mark
Pity they are in the Cape for us Gautengers! Nice to hear! I will doing it myself tomorrow 8O
Johann
Member No: 209
Ah! Yes I remember it well! (Only GM's!)
1966 Opel Rekord L CLASSIC SEDAN Current Project

Garage

Post by Garage » Fri 20 Feb 2015, 04:43

I haven't dealt with them as a customer, but have had a few dealings with Doug - top class guy!
Barry

Metalshaping courses, Replacement panels, Full Builds, General Fabrication.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Garag ... 2857822743

Tienie Ford 351

Post by Tienie Ford 351 » Fri 20 Feb 2015, 10:00

ZA Perana i can't agree with you more. I have dealt with Dough and Gary a couple of times and the service and help was excelent they go out of their way to help. CBF is top.

Orange

Post by Orange » Fri 20 Feb 2015, 15:25

Same hear. Excellent job, service and price. Shane can be a really good story teller too.

cater for me

Post by cater for me » Sat 21 Feb 2015, 10:36

Do you have there contact details for me please

Doug Hirkham

Post by Doug Hirkham » Sat 21 Feb 2015, 11:11

cater for me wrote:Do you have there contact details for me please
135 Main Road, Diep River.

(021)715-3889
082 440 2482 Doug
083 412 5868 Gary