FAIRMONT GT FOR RESTORATION

Sell your muscle car
Forum rules
If you are not a regular forum member, please introduce yourself in the Indroduce yourself/Welcome to new members section. Tell who you are, where you are from and some background details. Your advertisements will be deleted if you don't.
  • ● All adverts must include pictures and a price. This is not a bidding site.
  • ● Please respond to enquiries, if you don't respond your add will be removed.
  • ● Please change an item heading to SOLD when it is sold.
  • ● Members are allowed 12 adverts per year to make sure the forum stays an enthusiast platform.
Lino

Re: FAIRMONT GT FOR RESTORATION

Post by Lino » Mon 13 Oct 2008, 15:08

The owner wanted 30 000 ZAR for it the deal fell through with the first buyer then it was advertised for 20 000 ZAR in the Autotrader.

If I remember correctly Shayne or "CASH", not sure who it was, said he'd go use some other forum to advertise stuff. Isn't that which you said Shayne-cash ?

What you are doing here as I see it is you went to get this car for 20 000 Rand, cost you a bit of fuel and time, then you went to your computer and see it quite normal to NAIL any local that would like a last chance to own a GT.

Not 45K call it 20K profit, Not 65K call it 40K profit, not 85K call it 60K profit, not 105K call ot 80K profit, but 120 000 Rand which give it R 5000 towage fee and a few days storage, NINETY FIVE THOUSAND RAND PROFIT expecting advertised on this forum which is a free forum initially set-up for fellow enthiusiasts not BIG-TIME turn-over-classics.

That's my last rant, but yes I am right this is what makes a person withdraw, do your own thing, what has cursed the classc car scene as we once knew it. This is just NOT like the guy that buys a car even cheap and at the least works on the thing, not meaning the work is towing it from it's 20K spot to it's 120 K sell spot.

Perana

Post by Perana » Mon 13 Oct 2008, 15:13

I am sure he will sell it on the OZ GT site.

Wish I could get some luck with my Peranas at 70kZAR as is. Any ideas guys. :idea:

Post by 440 » Mon 13 Oct 2008, 16:27

KASH GTS wrote:hi Andy

the SS and manaro belong to my brother and have been sold.
should have 3 more manaros in this week.

AND YES!!! THIS IS THE CAR THAT WAS IN THE AUTOTRADER. :mrgreen:

Kash
How much did you/your brother get for SS/Monaro?

Nice mark-up on the GT.

Stealth GT

Post by Stealth GT » Mon 13 Oct 2008, 16:28

I think this is great Im sure it will sell very quickly I would say with those options it wont be around long man just as we thought the market was flat

Warren

351GT

Post by 351GT » Mon 13 Oct 2008, 16:49

bet you would have loved to have bought it for R20k and made a fortune on it.

dont hate the player, hate the game.

FairmontGT
Site Admin

Post by FairmontGT » Mon 13 Oct 2008, 16:58

Well if anybody buys this car for more than R40k he is a fool, you will spend R150 000 and 2 years on that car to get it looking decent, and for that price you can buy a really nice Fairmont without all the work.

But people looking to get rich quick might be fooled into buying it for a lot of money....

(And its the sellers right to ask what he wants of course!!)

I think it was sold for too little in the autotrader, so it was bought for a bargain.
Yes we did build muscle cars in RSA!!!!
http://www.africanmusclecars.com

monaro

Post by monaro » Mon 13 Oct 2008, 17:05

Stealth GT wrote:I think this is great Im sure it will sell very quickly I would say with those options it wont be around long man just as we thought the market was flat

Warren
You see, and you guys are telling me in the other thread, I wont sell the SS for my price, I'm putting it up to R200k!

But, even then, storage, transportation, what I spent on it yrs ago, plus what I paid for it... 8O , I made no cash! At least not R100k like Shayne's "brother" is gonna make here...

Lino

Post by Lino » Mon 13 Oct 2008, 19:30

Like I said before the brilliant thing about these forums such as this one is that you can see a chancer, not an enthiusiast, an enthiusiast pouncer aproaching.

I mean, this is a free forum, you go GRAB a car like that then you come to a forum like this where some of us have shared lifelong i\experience information for FREE, and you nogal windgat too, NAIL who ever is even thinking of wanting the last of the GT's here.

You don't still work on or decide ag maybe too much work ok I'll mark it up abit, you N%$I your fellow enthiusiast. That is why you are here, to N*&I the generous or unequal in arrogance for self gain. Not for classics, but for your own pocket.

Are you too damn cheap to even pay R 100 in Autotrader next week to earn
R 100 000 ?? You nogal got the nerve to come here where we share so much between one another and have your sh#t wipe your bum and kove on.

NOTHING to do with classic car ethics.

Yes you free to do as you wish but next time you need something just think if you have a concience, think of how much you should be prepared to pay for the information.

This was CLASSIC case, even better than that Capri Perana that was running around with R 360 000 price tag not even cleaned.

I tell you what I don;t share space with operators like you brother.

Cheers ! 8)

KASH GTS

Post by KASH GTS » Mon 13 Oct 2008, 19:46

lino

thanks for the "BS" article.

everbody is making money.

guess you would have loved to buy it at the price i did.

i dont care about what you or anybody else thinks about the price.

its my car and i will ask what i feel for it.

if you cant afford it, tough. dont buy it.

its sickening to see people like you NAIL me becos i got of my rear end, bought the car for a song and now make a killing on it.

want it? buy it.

or rather not waste my time.

PS if anybody else is not happy with the price, bear in mind:

IM NOT FORCING YOU TO BUY IT SO KEEP THE "BS" TO YOURSELF

i wonder if iv got to make it easier for you to understand...

cheers

Lino

Post by Lino » Mon 13 Oct 2008, 19:56

You don't get it do you ?

Yes you have the right to do as you wish, but do you think it fits in the general ambiance of this forum which as i understood it till now was in the interests of the classic car fraternity not a platform to sell a clearly run down car for rediculous money knowing it's scarce, knowing that so much info has passed hands here for FREE ?

You come here, have you not got the decency to pay R 100 and put it in the Autotrader a week later for a R 100 000 profit there where it's a trade market ?

Yes you right brother you don't give a sh%t about others do you, and so do I now make my choice to leave the space you ocupy on the forum, this time I don't come back and this is going to be the last heard of me or our cars beyond our private space ever again.

This is it I'm out of here see you guys i know around someplace where these "don't give a sh%t about others" self-interest swindlers don't hang out.

Social Media