1970 Mach 1 mid resto - might sell....

Sell your muscle car
Forum rules
If you are not a regular forum member, please introduce yourself in the Indroduce yourself/Welcome to new members section. Tell who you are, where you are from and some background details. Your advertisements will be deleted if you don't.
  • ● All adverts must include pictures and a price. This is not a bidding site.
  • ● Please respond to enquiries, if you don't respond your add will be removed.
  • ● Please change an item heading to SOLD when it is sold.
  • ● Members are allowed 12 adverts per year to make sure the forum stays an enthusiast platform.
FairmontGT
Site Admin

Re: 1970 Mach 1 mid resto - might sell....

Post by FairmontGT » Wed 28 May 2014, 16:33

Best thing for Muzzymad would be to complete it and then sell it - projects tend to scare away lots of potential buyers.
Yes we did build muscle cars in RSA!!!!
http://www.africanmusclecars.com

addict

Post by addict » Wed 28 May 2014, 17:55

project first requirement no less than empty double garage , one for car other for spares and tools and tow truck it is a ford...

Muzzymad

Post by Muzzymad » Wed 28 May 2014, 20:36

I have thought about putting it together and have it running and driving, however thought it best to show how good the body is and lay out everything that there is for a potential buyr, no bad elements hidden
Glass is all good, tank was re done, etc, but we will see how it goes first, it seriously is a massive decision to think about selling her, this has been my dream for 12 years and a Mustang has been a dream for as long as I can remeber as there was always one in our family which is now long gone.
1970 Ford Mustang Mach 1 - Stripped and ready for the resoration
1957 Ford 300 Custom or 500 Fairlane or Ranchero - Oneday, still searching
Fast is a Ford letter word!!

ZA Perana

Post by ZA Perana » Thu 29 May 2014, 06:56

Muzzymad wrote:I have thought about putting it together and have it running and driving, however thought it best to show how good the body is and lay out everything that there is for a potential buyr, no bad elements hidden
Glass is all good, tank was re done, etc, but we will see how it goes first, it seriously is a massive decision to think about selling her, this has been my dream for 12 years and a Mustang has been a dream for as long as I can remeber as there was always one in our family which is now long gone.
Really will be a stunning car when it is finished.
Alfa GTV 3.0
Ford Capri Perana V8
Chevy Lumina Supercharged

Wait not for tomorrow to do what can be done today, live each day for one knows not what the next day may hold.

Buckaroo

Post by Buckaroo » Thu 29 May 2014, 10:58

My experience tells me that the cost of restoring old Mustangs is hugely under-estimated - I know of at least 2 pre-70 Mustangs - Timothy knows the one well - where the owners are well past a bar - now how did that happen if restoration costs are so little?
Also know of a 1969 Camaro bought for R 350 k with all the parts - it is lying at a gearbox place here in Durban - the owner does not yet have a running car 14 months later and is already in for 1,2 Bar.
Anybody, with respect, who thinks that the labour cost for a full resto with all the parts already present would be about R120k will get the vehicle they deserve - usually a few years later and maybe still in pieces with lots of tears.
Even if you do it yourself you need plenty of outside vendors - all blaming the guy before - and all charging big amounts of money ( ask Len about his gearbox saga covered in this forum).
If you do a proper resto you need - just as a start - not touching the drivetrain at all -and there you can spend six figures alone- new glass - new rubbers - new window felt - carpets - seats - interior panels - interior light -chrome strips and beadings - headlights, taillights, wiring, suspension - well there you can really spend - brakes -aircon - power steering - booster - brake lines - the list goes on and on - all of which has to come from the USA ( have you ever tried to ship a windscreen beading without it being damaged?) duty paid etc etc.
That's why properly restored Mustangs sell for R700k plus.
Just my 5c.
www:amcarimports.co.za : New 67/68/69/70 RHD Mustang Fastbacks, Restomod: RHD 65-70 Mustangs, RHD Chevelle coupes, RHD 68 Camaros.
Amcar Imports : RHD 2012/13/14 Mustangs and Shelbys, F150 Raptor
Dynacorn Bodies.

ZA Perana

Post by ZA Perana » Thu 29 May 2014, 12:20

Buckaroo wrote:That's why properly restored Mustangs sell for R700k plus.
Just my 5c.
:lol: I follow the market closely and all Mustang priced beyond R500k just sit and sit and sit some more so when you say they sell for R700k plus, do you mean one isolated car (not talking about Eleanors which to me aren't Mustangs at all) or multiple cars.

R1.2mil to restore a Camaro, strange really when I know Ferrari's which have been restored for less.

Just my opinion. :D
Alfa GTV 3.0
Ford Capri Perana V8
Chevy Lumina Supercharged

Wait not for tomorrow to do what can be done today, live each day for one knows not what the next day may hold.

Muzzymad

Post by Muzzymad » Thu 29 May 2014, 15:06

Guys this seems to be really getting crazy.

IT IS ALL THERE!! Just put it together and do the usual wear and tear items....

Suspension rubbers, brakes and brake lines can be done locally!!
Wiring and interior can be done locally.
gasket set for the motor if need be, can be done locally.

R275K sell price, a 100K or so to finish off puts it at around R375k, and I would think based on the marti report attached, which shows it is quite rare in that it has a Windsor, LHD, licensed in SA, would probably sell if the owner wanted to sell once complete for R400 to R450k.

Just saying........take it or leave it!

Agree with ZA Perana, it ain't a Ferrari........!

TIMOTHY MUDALI

Post by TIMOTHY MUDALI » Thu 29 May 2014, 16:17

the thing is with restoration is that not everybody has the same opinion as me.some would spend a bar on a car others would not even look at.it is a matter of choice or personal preference. a local guy has spent almost 650k on a 55 f100.you would laugh.but i have seen it and i have imported the spares for it.so i know.does not make it a ferrari but it is his money.the 67 fastback that we brought in,the guy spent 1.2m on it.doesnt make it a ferrari,but it is his money.
we need to stop shooting down what others do,rather give advice and thats it.if its not your cup of tea then dont drink it.simple as that.

my advice to muzzy is dont sell it.rather try finish it off and enjoy.you already have your money invested in it.bite the bullet

tim

Muzzymad

Post by Muzzymad » Thu 29 May 2014, 16:21

Cheers Tim, I might just do that, for me, it is a matter of sorting out the wear and tear and putting her together. :D

TIMOTHY MUDALI

Post by TIMOTHY MUDALI » Thu 29 May 2014, 16:29

here is the deal.i can help you bring in whatever you want so you dont have to pay an arm or a leg.
make a list of what you need.i try get you a quote and take it from there.weigh up your options.go with the bare minimum that needs to be imported and try do more local stuff.like buckaoo said,importing some stuff can be highly expensive.i have seen guys become dissapointed when they see the cost of imports and abandon projects.that is sad.
up to you

tim

Social Media