When posting topics on the forum please make sure:
  • ● The posts are not political
  • ● The posts are not about religion
  • ● Please keep posts civil and don't be nasty to other members
FairmontGT
Site Admin

Re: BREAKING NEWS - CAPE TOWN HARBOUR CONTAINER TERMINAL

Post by FairmontGT » Sun 09 Sep 2007, 19:48

I still maintain what Im saying - as long as the South Africans dont want to pay world prices for the cars, they will be exported. If we dont have any left in a few years it will be out own fault.

Please let everybody you get into contact with know what their cars are really worth.
Yes we did build muscle cars in RSA!!!!
http://www.africanmusclecars.com

Stealth GT

Post by Stealth GT » Sun 09 Sep 2007, 20:20

Hi to all

Tiaan wise word's South Africans have got to wake up really quick or it will be to late

Cheers Warren

The site is really starting to look great even the membership numbers are climbing :D

FairmontGT
Site Admin

Post by FairmontGT » Sun 09 Sep 2007, 20:59

Hi Warren, yes its nice to see more and more members and most are very active as well!

*I edited this post because it was a moerse long post just saying, I dont know if I will even want to buy Fairmonts when they reach AUS Falcon prices*

Stealth GT

Post by Stealth GT » Sun 09 Sep 2007, 21:30

Tiaan
I believe people will pay more for these cars in the future .Take mustangs I had 2 65 fastbacks I sold both for R22000.00 a friend of mine then bought one of them from this guy for R20000.00 Malcom has now been offered R200000.00 for a car that's just basically a body that's in a space of 5 years ,5 years ago you could pick up a decent GT for R8000.00 you cant do that anymore and a lot of people that now own them wont sell them .I believe the true GT lover or SA muscle car lover will come through in the end and those that are fake about them will sell.

I agree inform every one you see or know that has a SA muscle car what the car is worth and if they really want to get the highest offer then rather put them in contact with people that want to restore or collect them and bypass the agents or those that pretend to collect for our heritage

Cheers Warren

FairmontGT
Site Admin

Post by FairmontGT » Sun 09 Sep 2007, 21:37

Warren on reading your reply I edited my previous post, because it seemed ridiculous. For all of you that have been in the muscle car circles a while its probably not so far fetched that prices will shoot the roof and people around you will still own such cars - as you have already seen it.

Cant agree with you more on the second part of the post.

Stealth GT

Post by Stealth GT » Sun 09 Sep 2007, 21:48

Tiaan I think the Ozzy's have got the same problem if you read the posts on the Falcon GT site they've got the same debate going on about the Phase 3 GT's now ,when will the bubble burst that's the big question I believe its when the investor's get gatvol and see that the return isn't that great any more I could happen here as well

FairmontGT
Site Admin

Post by FairmontGT » Sun 09 Sep 2007, 22:04

Classic/muscle cars prices are also affected to a great extent by world/country economic conditions. They are a luxury item - especially when they reach aus prices. And the these luxury items are the first that gets hit hard when economic conditions worsten. So I dont think they will keep rising forever, they will fall again at some stage. Classic car prices have crashed previously and it will happen again.

The best way to make sure this doesnt affect you is to love the car because it is a bad ass muscle car (or whatever reason you like), then when the price drop hits you wont give a damn.

Stealth GT

Post by Stealth GT » Sun 09 Sep 2007, 22:13

Dead right
One thing people always forget about these cars is the fact that they were built to be driven and driven hard in the rain or sunshine and if you love them for that then the price or value is the least of your concerns
Cheers

72XYGT

Post by 72XYGT » Sun 09 Sep 2007, 23:56

Warren,
Pal, I want to see you driving a Fairmont GT hard in rainy weather!! I think it will be the last of your GT. These cars are absolute pigs when it comes to wet weather. I know from first hand experience and Tiaan will also tell you a story about driving a GT hard. It cost him a couple of wheels, I think.

Reading the above posts makes me a bit sad. Any car collecter will collect cars, but most certainly dont want to move backwards or collect cars that have no value. I have 6 gt's, a SS, a Mach 1, and some other cars and I will have the sh.ts if tomorrow these cars have no value. Besides having invested lots of dough I also have put in uncountable hours repairing and restoring some of them. I surely dont want to hear my efforts was in vein! Maybe I should start loking at collecting china or tea sets!! :lol:

Daan

Firenza GT

Post by Firenza GT » Mon 10 Sep 2007, 10:16

Here then a image of some of the SS/Monaro's on their way probably to Aus. Was a quick cellphone pic a friend managed to take at the last moment.
Attachments
DSC00007.jpg

Social Media