Forum rules
When posting topics on the forum please make sure:
  • ● The posts are not political
  • ● The posts are not about religion
  • ● Please keep posts civil and don't be nasty to other members
Firenza GT

BREAKING NEWS - CAPE TOWN HARBOUR CONTAINER TERMINAL

Post by Firenza GT » Thu 06 Sep 2007, 10:15

Just received a phone call from a friend who has just seen about 30 minutes ago 5 x Monaro/Chev SS's turn into the container depot in convoy.

Anyway know anything ? Now that is slightly different from the 2 Can Am's I sent and managed to "save" and remain as original road cars which are to undergo detailed restoration. And in this case there was no financial gain at all, what was gained was very good friends !

5 Monaro/Chev SS's is unlikely to be anything besides a lucerative bussiness transaction. That is the biggest single haul I've come across so far.

FairmontGT
Site Admin

Re: BREAKING NEWS - CAPE TOWN HARBOUR CONTAINER TERMINAL

Post by FairmontGT » Thu 06 Sep 2007, 10:18

Im not surprised at all. They are still dirt cheap in SA compared to AUS, even though their prices are rising here. Please people let everybody around you know that they should get onto the internet and go look what monaros and fairmonts are selling for in AUS before selling their cars to anybody.
Yes we did build muscle cars in RSA!!!!
http://www.africanmusclecars.com

Gavin RS

Post by Gavin RS » Thu 06 Sep 2007, 10:29

Now that is just down right sad...
1984 Rover Vanden Plas V8 (Historic Race car)
1986 Rover 3500 Vitesse (UK Import Ex London Police Car)
1983 Rover Vanden Plas undergoing conversion to race car.
2009 Ford Territory ST,
2006 Ford Fiesta 1.6 Auto, daily driver

Firenza GT

Post by Firenza GT » Thu 06 Sep 2007, 12:20

My friend managed to snap a not so good shot from his cell. Just need to figure a way to download and will post it. Picture shows them in convoy. Actually thinking about it this was a "massive" chunk out of inventory. That will now surely push the price up of any Monaro/SS left here by 20 plus thousand at least with immediately effect.

72XYGT

Post by 72XYGT » Fri 07 Sep 2007, 18:36

And I am really advertising to get a Monaro GTS. It give me the sh..s when I hear this and I battle to find one. It absolutely frustrate and irritate me when this happens.

Daan

ZA Perana

Post by ZA Perana » Fri 07 Sep 2007, 19:44

Very sad to read this, honestly there is saving cars and there is making a quick buck....but hey these exporters supposedly love SA classics but they love money more.

Thinking about it, how many SS and Monaro's are left in Cape Town, cant say I have ever seen more than 3 in cape town and that included one thats falling apart around the corner from me......
Alfa GTV 3.0
Ford Capri Perana V8
Chevy Lumina Supercharged

Wait not for tomorrow to do what can be done today, live each day for one knows not what the next day may hold.

vanz2

Post by vanz2 » Fri 07 Sep 2007, 21:06

The root of all evil................ MONEY !

ZA Perana

Post by ZA Perana » Fri 07 Sep 2007, 21:15

vanz2 wrote: The root of all evil................ MONEY !

Agree 100%....must say when these threads appear its takes great restraint for me to "go to town" so to speak about these exporters....
Alfa GTV 3.0
Ford Capri Perana V8
Chevy Lumina Supercharged

Wait not for tomorrow to do what can be done today, live each day for one knows not what the next day may hold.

Firenza GT

Post by Firenza GT » Fri 07 Sep 2007, 23:16

I figure there may have actually been six as it makes economic sense to stash two per bigger container. My friend only saw 5 but that was at a quick glance he counted. How does a person get an MMS off your cell phone ? He sent an image he took while driving from across the road.

Somebody must know who shipped them out, this was the biggest haul of Monaro/SS's I've ever heard of. I am aware that a few month's ago one Monaro was sold by a local to a "dealer" that was to send off. That car was in this loot.

vanz2

Post by vanz2 » Sat 08 Sep 2007, 11:44

MMS

Pics on your cell can be sent to your computer via bluetooth or if you have a cable (USB). You need the software of your phone to be installed on your computer.
I think ?

Social Media