Grizz's Redneck Express 1966 Chevy Short Fleetside BILLYBOB

Pictures of your muscle car!
Grizz1963

Re: Grizz's Redneck Express 1966 Chevy Short Fleetside BILL

Post by Grizz1963 » Sun 26 Mar 2017, 23:15

Quick Sunday evening update.

Was having a chat with friend PaulF over the weekend and he sent me these pics...... after asking if I knew where my old 1963 Taunus Transit van had gone??

BUILD THREAD HERE: http://retrorides.proboards.com/thread/ ... k1250-sams

No idea I said. Never heard from the new owner, despite having some spares for him.

Pics followed........ interesting.

V6 on air.

Chatting with Dennis in St Louis this morning, he sent this pic with no comment.

Need I say more than "Nommmmm"

First bootfair of the year today, and our clocks. Over forward to British Summertime. So went to bed too late and woke too early.
Thankfully the bootfair delivered.
My favourite purchase was a fully functioning pressed metal motorcycle with rider in great condition for only £2.00 or $2.50

Love it.

Got home after a great English Breakfast at Sainsbury's and filling the Berlingo at Morrisons.

After 344 miles, mostly at top legal speeds it needed a refill of 46 litres right up into the neck.

Stuart from next door brought around a parcel that he had signed for on Friday...... a prezzie from Eddie "PedalcarJoe" who owns the yellow fire engine in my lounge.
Beautifully packed T shirts and some cool keyrings...... Harley approved and plonked herself on it before I could take a pic.

Being that it was a great day today, I had the roof back as well on the way home and when I parked it up, I forgot to close the roof, which I noticed when upstairs, so another photo opportunity.

I prepped the Chevy decals with double sided automotive tape and then applied them.

I am 99% certain that I will be removing the Grizz NASCAR Racing sticker on the rear glass. It does not suit the rest of the car in my opinion.

So that brings to an end my weekend and most of what will be happening to this little smile maker.

Thanks for checking in.

Grizz1963

Post by Grizz1963 » Mon 27 Mar 2017, 21:50

Came home tonight thinking the van was going out to Martin's girlfriends place loaded with tools and chainsaw..... but we missed each other in comms as he had a load of work stuff to do so it will wait for another day.

So I started in my own garden, need to clear up a load of stuff in the beds that has been here since Nicola left, get a shed empty and rolled over before remaking its base as it has been listing over just enough to prevent the doors from closing completely, then painted and reroofed before moving it 18 inches over to the side.
After that I will dig a serious hole into the side of a garden bed, so that I can build the new shed with the timber I was offered a few weeks ago when I bought the VTR wheels.
Any offer for a small free petrol/diesel digger, or muscular digger accepted.

After that I went to the little van and mocked up an idea my buddy Herb "BugThug" in Winfield, Kansas suggested yesterday.

I guess it falls in line with the 2.0 turbo transplant :o

Offset.....

Or Centre position

Lastly I removed the sticker from the rear glass.

Looks better of course.

Lastly, I have had a few questions on the sticker on the front screen from non-USA based guys who do not know Camping World as we have a Camping International chain here in the U.K.

Main sponsor to the series.

Quicky over.

Grizz1963

Post by Grizz1963 » Wed 29 Mar 2017, 21:43

Well.......
It seems there is always a surprise up the sleeve of an old car.

Brought Prozac in for wheel balancing today where tyres were changed (and I got told it could not be done)

Unfortunately the operator who got the job called me 5 minutes afyer the car was pulled on the ramp.

Seems it is wanting a new tyre.

Never noticed when tyres were changed and certainly not hit a pothole etc

Burger !! £60.00 fitted plus £22.50 for balancing the other three. With special adaptor.

Anyway. Got to be done. Still no regrets.

Car will be working hard over the weekend as well.

Later guys.

Grizz1963

Post by Grizz1963 » Thu 30 Mar 2017, 22:39

Bias valve spring arrived yesterday.

Signed for delivery...... really?

So today I went to the post Office Depot 8 miles from home, 70p for parking and time wasted.

At £22.00 for this I suspect the seller is laughing all the way to the bank.

I suspect it's a total of £2.00 in there.......

Old vs New.

Took a while to get it out with Torx screw and WD40 to be negotiated.

It was mentioned somewhere that you needed pencil thin 4 inch long fingers with double articulation to remove and fit this spring.

I removed the spare wheel to increase access and visibility.

The job was not a 5 minute job, though it would be if access was better.

Anyway, did a quick test run up to the farm, not sure if it is better, but it felt a bit different..... imagination?

Anyway, another job done.

Finally, the one sticker I actually liked a lot, turned out to be a paper sticker, so tonight it was removed and all the glue removed with white spirit.

Then raided my special sticker file, some that I got from friends around the USA.

That's it for today.

Pleased for sure.

Grizz1963

Post by Grizz1963 » Sat 01 Apr 2017, 21:31

My turn to visit Katy this weekend.

I had some jobs to do for her, mostly gardening and yard maintenance.

9 years after being laid...... they had never been cleaned.

Pressure cleaner to the rescue for Katy's front drive and parking area.

Driveway cleaned and resanded as well as a repair on a section that was worked on by the gas company, and subsided after their "repairs."

Rear garden concrete and paving, walkway etc cleaned up as well.

Also planted a butlers sink after embedding some railway sleeper offcuts into the lawn.

Yesterday and today Prozac proved itself worthy.

After redoing the rear brakes and the bias valve return spring, I had him loaded up last night, but today was a tour de force of overloading.

Seven 25kg bags of pea shingle, two 25kg bags of kiln dried sand. 100 litres of topsoil and 50 litres of compost.
Add to that some bricks, plants and a few other bits n bobs meant the brakes were really working well.
The suspension and drive really settles down.
This car works better with a load than it does empty.

I continue to be in love with it.

Prozac for the Soul indeed.

Life is good.

Grizz1963

Post by Grizz1963 » Sun 09 Apr 2017, 14:00

[QUOTE=wraith666;6434612]Well I got 5 pages to go and the links go down. Wasn't a bad way to spend 3 days.[/QUOTE]

Photophuckit.........

Useless service it seems.

150 photos deleted, by their service it seems, though they say I did....... WTF ??

Certainly was not me.

I am really pee'd off, as I tried to contact them, but cannot get any link to work.

What do I do now??

This is what 6 pages of photo links look like now

Anyone got friends working for Photobucket??

Advice?

Grizz1963

Post by Grizz1963 » Tue 11 Apr 2017, 19:35

Seems photos are gone.

Photofuckit is pretty rubbish.

In other news.....

Currently have two lodgers, one for two weeks, one for three.

On Saturday I do their bedding, well the machine does it and they remove and refit it themselves.

This week, the one, an ex army guy, ultra neat etc, stripped his bedding, and did not close his door completely, when I walked past, I saw this.......

Closer inspection, showed this......

Which meant we had a cat burrito

How the hell did she do this on her own..??

Made me laugh though.

Grizz1963

Post by Grizz1963 » Sun 16 Apr 2017, 21:32

Bit of almost truck action today.

Bootfair just started, so always on the lookout for stuff I like or want or may even need.

This lot......

Included some healthy plants at £2.50 each for some work I am currently doing in the garden (report some time soon)

Also a large checkered flag.... £1.00

A bass drum pedal and its pedestal for £1.00 This is certainly truck related.......

I want to use the pedal as an accelerator pedal for the truck. I always love the cast ally pedals, but they are silly prices, so plan B comes into play.

I also got a large unopened pack of split pins for £2.00

Also from the same seller a tub of 100 hand cleaner scrubby towel things for £2.00 surely a bargain too.

And a bag of nails for the shed I am building currently, to be reported on some time in the future.

And a nice unused three hook coat hook, key hook for £2.00

Some punches for mate CraigRK at £2.00

And most randomly, a selection of drinking glasses at 20p each, some will be off to friends elesewhere, but I get to keep two, Katy gets one etc.

Prices have certainly gone up at bootfair, and there is less choice stuff, but there is still the odd gem if you take the time to look around.

Another bootfair tomorrow.

Johann66

Post by Johann66 » Mon 17 Apr 2017, 20:38

Grizz1963 wrote:Bit of almost truck action today.

Bootfair just started, so always on the lookout for stuff I like or want or may even need.
This lot......
Image .
Like your XXXX Beer glass all the way from OZ!

Grizz1963

Post by Grizz1963 » Tue 18 Apr 2017, 08:22

Johann66 wrote:
Grizz1963 wrote:Bit of almost truck action today.

This lot...... .

Like your XXXX Beer glass all the way from OZ!

Apparently it's a rubbish beer, but I like the label.

Bit like a four letter word.

Social Media