Any questions or suggestions regarding restorations
72XYGT

Re: Daans XW getting the treatment

Post by 72XYGT » Sun 14 Oct 2007, 10:54

Haven't posted for a while now but here is a update on the project

ZA Perana

Post by ZA Perana » Sun 14 Oct 2007, 14:44

Looking very good....nice assortment of cars in the workshop, love that blue colour on the Capri....
Alfa GTV 3.0
Ford Capri Perana V8
Chevy Lumina Supercharged

Wait not for tomorrow to do what can be done today, live each day for one knows not what the next day may hold.

FairmontGT
Site Admin

Post by FairmontGT » Sun 14 Oct 2007, 14:51

Very nice Daan. What do you still have to finish?
Yes we did build muscle cars in RSA!!!!
http://www.africanmusclecars.com

RASSIE

Post by RASSIE » Sun 14 Oct 2007, 16:09

Hi Daan, you must be strong, the end is still a long way to go, but at least not 8000km to OZ. Cheers Rassie.
http://www.rassiesauto.co.za/
“Cowboys do not ride donkeys”
“I will die driving a V8”

72XYGT

Post by 72XYGT » Sun 14 Oct 2007, 16:15

Tiaan,
Still have to treat inside of doors with POR15, assemble and hang them. Minor things in the engine compartment and fitting of fenders and grille. Hood lining will be fitted this week. I basically wait now for the spares but its such a shlep having to wait on parts that was airfreighted I think about 4 weeks ago. Its not really holding me up but it means jumping around doin other work while waiting on the parts. I am hopeful to have it completed end December.

72XYGT

Post by 72XYGT » Sun 14 Oct 2007, 16:24

Hi ZA, that blue Capri will be fitted with a V6. Not really one of the priorities at the moment. I must finish the Perana coversion this year.

Hi Rassie, The closer I get to the end the slower its going. :roll: Its unreal the amount of time spend to clean and refurbish every little item before putting it back. But I will get there!! No not Oz, I mean finishing my car! :lol:

FairmontGT
Site Admin

Post by FairmontGT » Sun 14 Oct 2007, 17:47

Sounds like you dont have too much left to do! The nicest part of it I think is assembling everything and seeing it coming together. Have you gotten hold of POR15 and given it a test run on something?
Yes we did build muscle cars in RSA!!!!
http://www.africanmusclecars.com

72XYGT

Post by 72XYGT » Sun 14 Oct 2007, 22:14

I bought a POR15 starter kit, you wont believe the price, R600.00. I really think it is way over priced for a product like this. Absolutely unbelievable how expensive it is.
Funny, the enclosed pamphlet say its enough to treat 1sq mt. The local bloke who supplied it to me claim its enough to do 12 sq feet. Will test it this week and see the results. Some pics of the product.

72XYGT

Post by 72XYGT » Sat 03 Nov 2007, 07:45

Parts from Oz arrived at last. Six weeks for airfreight! So its back to the schedule and see if I can finish he car before end of the year. Sort of lost momentum the last couple of weeks and will really have to put in a huge effort to get back into the swing of things.

ZA Perana

Post by ZA Perana » Sat 03 Nov 2007, 10:35

72XYGT wrote: Parts from Oz arrived at last. Six weeks for airfreight! So its back to the schedule and see if I can finish he car before end of the year. Sort of lost momentum the last couple of weeks and will really have to put in a huge effort to get back into the swing of things.

I think the results will more than make up for any delays....must admit your work is really top class but whats amazing is that you never seem to over restore like some people do, that blue/grey GT you had was a fine example, not over restored but look like it had just come from the showroom...
Alfa GTV 3.0
Ford Capri Perana V8
Chevy Lumina Supercharged

Wait not for tomorrow to do what can be done today, live each day for one knows not what the next day may hold.

Social Media