VIN Number

Any discussions about the history of the road going cars
ZA Perana

Re: VIN Number

Post by ZA Perana » Fri 16 Nov 2007, 20:48

Mod I think we need to look into the validity of this thread and the poster concerned, something does not seem right here...

As far as rebody goes, its a replica finshed an klaar, rack is in the wrong position and whereis zahistorics has a very, very faithful replica this cannot be considered faithful in many ways, firstly I also do not beleive the red car initially pictures and the red car at the show are the same car as the paint differs makedy...

As for over 600 Capris, well I would love to see pictures of these cars, exterior and engine bays and what model years they are. :D
Alfa GTV 3.0
Ford Capri Perana V8
Chevy Lumina Supercharged

Wait not for tomorrow to do what can be done today, live each day for one knows not what the next day may hold.

Shailen (BG540)

Post by Shailen (BG540) » Fri 16 Nov 2007, 20:55

Hi ZA Perana

That is the same car as the cars show one... Go and ask GT from the Capri AForum and he will tell that it is the same, just tell him that you enquiring about the car that he helped us with the fan belt that shot off. Anyway I wish I had two Peranas!!! 8)

I spoke two the guy I purchased the car from and he said that he bought it from a guy named Chris, so I have never herd of Eddie. And the guy I bought the car from sed that if you dont believe this car isn't a Perana just because of the steering rack then he said you can phone him!(He's been in the car business for over 25 years)

Thanx

ZA Perana

Post by ZA Perana » Fri 16 Nov 2007, 21:09

Shailen (BG540) wrote: Hi ZA Perana

That is the same car as the cars show one... Go and ask GT from the Capri AForum and he will tell that it is the same, just tell him that you enquiring about the car that he helped us with the fan belt that shot off. Anyway I wish I had two Peranas!!! 8)

I spoke two the guy I purchased the car from and he said that he bought it from a guy named Chris, so I have never herd of Eddie. And the guy I bought the car from sed that if you dont believe this car isn't a Perana just because of the steering rack then he said you can phone him!(He's been in the car business for over 25 years)

Thanx

To be an orginal Perana the steering rack needs to be behind the cross member not in front of it, personally and this is just my opinion I would be weary of a car that been involved in a such it big accident that the steering rack was destroyed and the had to be relocated, just my opinion.

Futher as mentioned you engine number does not agree to other Peranas.
Alfa GTV 3.0
Ford Capri Perana V8

Wait not for tomorrow to do what can be done today, live each day for one knows not what the next day may hold.

zahistorics

Post by zahistorics » Fri 16 Nov 2007, 21:13

Shailen,

It is exceedingly unlikely that your car is genuine.

Aside from lacking any Perana plates at all, the rack is in the wrong place, the diff is wrong, the front struts are wrong. What gearbox does it have?

Your engine looks like it has a Granada Perana sump, so maybe that is the source of your engine.

Also from the photos you sent me, it seems the car lacks several significant unique Perana little details.

But as others have said - fix it - tidy it up - a Capri V8 is a wonderful thing.

Shailen (BG540)

Post by Shailen (BG540) » Fri 16 Nov 2007, 21:20

Hi Zahistorics

We aren't worried about the original parts, its what is better because we want to build a car thats better then a standard Perana.
The Diff was changed to a Ford 9" limited slip diff the guy who did the conversion still has the original diff but he is using it so he doesn't want to give it back to me. The 4-speed top loader was changed to a 3-speed short ratio because the 3-speed is a drag box and the third gear is over drive. The gearbox is much better then the 4-speed top loader in my eyes. Any way you cant judge a car by its gearbox because with my fathers perana, the 4-speed toploader was giving problems, so we sent it in to get fixed and the mechanic ran away with the box and left us with a 5-speed cresida box.

And I phoned the guy today and he said he is getting to plates for my car.

Thanx
Last edited by Shailen (BG540) on Fri 16 Nov 2007, 21:20, edited 1 time in total.

ZA Perana

Post by ZA Perana » Fri 16 Nov 2007, 21:20

zahistorics wrote: Shailen,

It is exceedingly unlikely that your car is genuine.

Aside from lacking any Perana plates at all, the rack is in the wrong place, the diff is wrong, the front struts are wrong. What gearbox does it have?

Your engine looks like it has a Granada Perana sump, so maybe that is the source of your engine.

Also from the photos you sent me, it seems the car lacks several significant unique Perana little details.

But as others have said - fix it - tidy it up - a Capri V8 is a wonderful thing.

Agree with this and please stop telling us its orginal..... :roll:
Alfa GTV 3.0
Ford Capri Perana V8

Shailen (BG540)

Post by Shailen (BG540) » Fri 16 Nov 2007, 21:23

Hi guys

im not saying its original, just explaining why i dont have the original parts. I'm not worried about the originality because as soon as i send the engine to gavin wilkans to do it up then the Perana in it will disappear because we changing the heads, the cams, we sroking it, and we putting racind parts.

We also going to change the suspention, the shox, the brakes, the steering rack, the radiator, and afew other parts.

ZA Perana

Post by ZA Perana » Fri 16 Nov 2007, 21:25

Shailen (BG540) wrote: Hi Zahistorics

We aren't worried about the original parts, its what is better because we want to build a car thats better then a standard Perana.
The Diff was changed to a Ford 9" limited slip diff the guy who did the conversion still has the original diff but he is using it so he doesn't want to give it back to me. The 4-speed top loader was changed to a 3-speed short ratio because the 3-speed is a drag box and the third gear is over drive. The gearbox is much better then the 4-speed top loader in my eyes. Any way you cant judge a car by its gearbox because with my fathers perana, the 4-speed toploader was giving problems, so we sent it in to get fixed and the mechanic ran away with the box and left us with a 5-speed cresida box.

And I phoned the guy today and he said he is getting to plates for my car.

Thanx

This really is funny stuff, a 3 speed fairlane box being better than a toploader, you are joking right? I hazard to guess that 3 speed wont last yout very long at all they were not designed with high power applications, that was why Ford developed the toploader which won wide acclaim by drag racers in America....

Yes you cant judge by the box but look the rack is wrong the engine number is incorrect, the diff is wrong, lets be honest whats Perana in your car?
Alfa GTV 3.0
Ford Capri Perana V8

zahistorics

Post by zahistorics » Fri 16 Nov 2007, 21:29

Shailen,

It seems that the engine is possibly the only original Perana part in the car.

If I was you I wouldn't destroy a bit of Perana history by modifying it. Sell it (or swap it) to someone who needs an original engine, buy another 302 and go wild on that instead.

Shailen (BG540)

Post by Shailen (BG540) » Fri 16 Nov 2007, 21:36

Hi

Actually I don't know I'm trying to research on my car from the previous owner and once I get the info then I'll share it with you guys.

Maybe a 4-Speed toploader is better to you, but I prefer the 3-Speed. The previous guy took a drive with it and raced a 5 series BMW and whipped that car by a mile. My dad also seems to like a 4-speed toploader box, but then again I cant drive so I wouldn't know, I just tell you guys from what I've experienced.

Also you can't judge a Perana from the steering rack, because back in the day my father owned an original Perana. He smashed it and had problems with the steering rack and he changed it to some Golf LHD rack.
His car had every tag, the 4-speed toploader, the Borg Waner Diff and the Peri Peri Paint.

Social Media