Does anyone know my car??

Any discussions about the history of the road going cars
saxygt

Does anyone know my car??

Post by saxygt » Fri 11 May 2007, 21:57

Hi all,great to see that you have a site for your mussel cars,well done!!
I bought a Fairmont GT last year and I exported it back to Australia,it is a great car and I am very happy with it but would love to know the history on it!

The car is a 1972 GT and was last rego plates were BSZ923NC (was the most recent),CEY18230,CBP1966.The last owners name was CP VAN ROOYEN and the licence fee was paid in Uppington

Thanks guys
Attachments
Fairmont GT Whole.JPG

FairmontGT
Site Admin

Re: Does anyone know my car??

Post by FairmontGT » Fri 11 May 2007, 22:33

Uppington is a bit out of the way, it is quite remote in the Norther Cape province thats why the number plate ended with NC (could say it is at the start of our outback). Did your car originally not have the stripes on the bonnet? I have now talked to several people whose cars didnt have them, it seems more common than I at first thought. Some of them added stripes afterwards.

By the way awesome looking car, glad it found a caring home.
Yes we did build muscle cars in RSA!!!!
http://www.africanmusclecars.com

FairmontGT
Site Admin

Post by FairmontGT » Sat 12 May 2007, 14:10

Saxygt, do you know how your car was sourced? Where did you buy it? It would be interesting to find out how a car from Upington finds its way to Australia.
Yes we did build muscle cars in RSA!!!!
http://www.africanmusclecars.com

saxygt

Post by saxygt » Sat 12 May 2007, 15:08

The car is a delete stripe and bonnet pins,I have now put gold GT stripes on the sides and original bonnet pins in (had after market ones in and did'nt like them)I will proberly put the bonnet black outs on when I paint the car in a couple of years.I have been trying to post a photo of what it looks like now but cannot seem to do it, I will try later

I bought the car of a wholesaler in Cape Town as he replied to some ads I had put on the net last year,kinda funny it come from the bush because I live in the country too as I am a farmer so instead of dodging wild Rhinos the GT is now dodging wild Kangaroos

ZA Perana

Post by ZA Perana » Sun 15 Jul 2007, 18:05

Great looking GT, Uppington, very remote, dry climate, high summer temps, looks like the car was very well looked after....
Alfa GTV 3.0
Ford Capri Perana V8
Chevy Lumina Supercharged

Wait not for tomorrow to do what can be done today, live each day for one knows not what the next day may hold.

Rassie Erasmus

Post by Rassie Erasmus » Mon 16 Jul 2007, 14:52

The way I know Uppington I think your car was only used to go to church on Sundays that is why it looks as if it just left the factory. An excelent buy.

TdL351GT

Post by TdL351GT » Mon 16 Jul 2007, 20:07

Hi SAXYGT,

Got some news about your car!!!

Apparently it was reported stolen some time ago and the police are looking for it. It would be in your best interest to return the car immediately to SA. pm me for my home address, I'll make sure you get money back

Just trying....
There is no replacement for cubic inches....

saxygt

Post by saxygt » Tue 17 Jul 2007, 11:16

Well no harm in trying : :lol:

I wonder how many have been stolen and exported to Oz ,I bet it would be more than one it is proberly a great idear to register on the Fairmont GT web site so we can prevent that from happening so we here in Oz are not lining some villians pockets

On my car yes it is in good condition and it is mechanicly spot on I have done over 4000 km in the old girl and havent touched it ,just changed the oil a new set of plugs and some new coolant and thats it,I just came back from a 400km round trip with the family and we loved every minute of it

GUZZLER

Post by GUZZLER » Sat 22 Mar 2008, 00:21

Just thought i would revist this as now as your forum has realy gathered momentem and you now have a lot of new members so on the off chance i thought maybe someone knows something
Never seen a ROO run so fast with a RHINO up its arse!!

Hi-Fi

Post by Hi-Fi » Wed 02 Apr 2008, 20:40

Hey boet, there are a lot of people here who know a hell of a lot. Come and join in!

Social Media