When posting topics on the forum please make sure:
  • ● The posts are not political
  • ● The posts are not about religion
  • ● Please keep posts civil and don't be nasty to other members
magda

Re: TopCar capri perana article

Post by magda » Tue 21 Aug 2007, 08:31

Hi

I would check with TopCar before posting an article - just to be on the safe side.

It is in the September issue and not the August one. Is available as from yesterday.

FairmontGT
Site Admin

Post by FairmontGT » Tue 21 Aug 2007, 08:38

I will also only try when its a bit older - dont think they will object when you cant buy the magazine anymore.
Yes we did build muscle cars in RSA!!!!
http://www.africanmusclecars.com

Firenza GT

Post by Firenza GT » Tue 21 Aug 2007, 17:25

I just had a look but in the "Topmotor" the Afrikaans version. Never even knew this as I long stop buying them. Anyhow in that edition it's over three pages. Question is sure the car looks very neat etc, but could they not have used that beautifull red Perana we have just seen in this forum as reference ? This car is very neat however it has some mods including I think those long Satsun SSS tail lights. This is my point with regards the media. It seems they are in it for sales, money-money-money as these cars are now famous so capitalise on it. I have'nt read the article but for me it would be more fitting having that very original red one which we see on our forum so people can see exactly, "so het hulle gelyk to hull uitgekom het". No ffoence to the car featured, I aim at the publisher this time as that could be seen as a reference script for an historic classic.

ZA Perana

Post by ZA Perana » Fri 24 Aug 2007, 19:35

Firenza GT wrote: I just had a look but in the "Topmotor" the Afrikaans version. Never even knew this as I long stop buying them. Anyhow in that edition it's over three pages. Question is sure the car looks very neat etc, but could they not have used that beautifull red Perana we have just seen in this forum as reference ? This car is very neat however it has some mods including I think those long Satsun SSS tail lights. This is my point with regards the media. It seems they are in it for sales, money-money-money as these cars are now famous so capitalise on it. I have'nt read the article but for me it would be more fitting having that very original red one which we see on our forum so people can see exactly, "so het hulle gelyk to hull uitgekom het". No ffoence to the car featured, I aim at the publisher this time as that could be seen as a reference script for an historic classic.

I agree, the car itself was very nice but the front suspension has clearly been modified and those rear lights well, they are very subjective in my opinion.....and the colour for that matter....notice it has no bonnet pins....
Alfa GTV 3.0
Ford Capri Perana V8
Chevy Lumina Supercharged

Wait not for tomorrow to do what can be done today, live each day for one knows not what the next day may hold.

Firenza GT

Post by Firenza GT » Fri 24 Aug 2007, 22:36

Best I make sure I did'nt say anything wrong as I see it's Normon Poutler's car. The Poulter brothers have enriched out classic car scene very much through the years. My first memories are when attending a Kyalami meeting in 1980 on an Army pass seeing one of the Poulters in a Datsun Panalvan in the Castrol Clubmans as called those days I think. This Capri featured I would imagine would be in very good condition although slightly altered. I just thought it maybe more fitting for the stock one but this is not a very detailed and long indepth report anyway.

I bought the Topcar and note that there were aparently three such coloured Perana's. The colour when told to me by the late Bob Olthoff, was refered to as "babysh#%" brown. He then probably had the first opf the three which could have been the first which was obviously for him as the main driver of the Z181 at the time. He also told me that his had a flat bonnet, possible that very early ones were from non 3 litre bodies as I think when Z181 was built it was itself from a non 3 litre shell. Not sure if it was manual or auto but think I may have heard auto sure somebody maybe Norman would know. I did'nt think of asking if it had a number or was maybe BG 01. For those that have been to Bob's farm in Eikenhoff just outside Jo'burg when he lived there, the huge pool he had sunk there was sponsored by the sale of this flat bonneted babysh#% brown Perana. Bobs wife had a Cortina stationwagon think a MK3 she told me that hasd a V6 Perana conversion also especially done for her as a one-off. when I was last there just before they emigrated she still used a MK3 1600 Cortina. Such down to earth people they were.

Reading through the article properly now it is a nice summary which I asume would be acurate seeing from where the source of information has come.

Social Media