Forum rules
When posting topics on the forum please make sure:
  • ● The posts are not political
  • ● The posts are not about religion
  • ● Please keep posts civil and don't be nasty to other members
72XYGT

Re: Cars in the Park - Fairmonts

Post by 72XYGT » Tue 07 Aug 2007, 21:48

MmmmmUghhh!! What do I see there on top of the garages? Is that a Ford GT body or what?

Stealth GT

Post by Stealth GT » Wed 08 Aug 2007, 17:51

Hi to all

Theuns that sure is a stunning 57 saw it on sunday night on the news ,57's used to be my favorite , my 57 was the custom we used to have loads of fun in it when I came on pass it was always good to go and party with the car like I said before one to many party and no more car after these photo's I rebuilt her twice then gave up I also had a 57 sedan delivery that was a ambulance thats the grill Ive got in my braai room

Remember with a 57 you can go to heaven with a 58 youll alway's be late :D

Had to scan some photo's ,before digital

72XYGT

Post by 72XYGT » Thu 09 Aug 2007, 06:26

Theuns,
I had another few looks at the pics of that Fairlane. Man that car is stunning. Perfect job. And something you can really be proud of. What engine has it got? I remember seeing similar Fords at someonr I bought a GT from, but the taillights were different. One of the Fords was a 2 door, something you dont see here in SA often. Wish I had money at the time to buy it, but it was totally out of my price range. But, I cant have them all, where will I park them. Would like to see your car in person one day.Perhaps take a few pics to add to my album.
Enjoy that Ford, that's a real master piece.

72XYGT

Post by 72XYGT » Thu 09 Aug 2007, 06:27

Tiaan,

I cant open the pics Warren scanned in. Do I need to do something special or do i need software to open it?

Daan

TdL351GT

Post by TdL351GT » Thu 09 Aug 2007, 19:44

Hi all,
Ja…the 57 is a real classic. Thanks for all the good words about the car. I can assure you this car looks good in real life too. Inside out. The car was restored by Ben Visser in Louis Trichardt about 8 years ago. He spent a lot of attention to detail. It’s been my car for the last 4 years.

Stealth.
My father also had a 57 Custom when I was a youngster and that was the car that started it all for me. I’ll never forget the day he picked me up from school with that Custom…the sound of that V8 changed my life forever.
ps. I know of a good 57 Custom in Grabouw if you want one

Daan.
The engine is a Y Block 292 cu inch. Interesting thing about this model is the exhaust manifolds. The RHS manifold exits to the front of the engine and then crosses over in front of the engine where it enters into the LHS manifold. The LHS manifold then exits at the back into the exhaust pipe.
2 Doors are really hard to find. Especially RHD cars. For some bizarre reason Zim got a lot of 2 door cars, and most, if not all of the 2 doors we have here now, come from Zimbabwe.
Would love to have you here for a visit. Maybe sooner than you think.

regards

Theuns
There is no replacement for cubic inches....

ZA Perana

Post by ZA Perana » Sat 11 Aug 2007, 20:02

Stunning pictures....that 57 is gorgeous...fantastic colour scheme......
Alfa GTV 3.0
Ford Capri Perana V8
Chevy Lumina Supercharged

Wait not for tomorrow to do what can be done today, live each day for one knows not what the next day may hold.

TdL351GT

Post by TdL351GT » Sat 11 Aug 2007, 20:24

Thanks ZA..

Please allow me to also show off the 58 Fairlane

regards

Theuns
Attachments
58 Fairlane 003.jpg
58 Fairlane 008.jpg
58 Fairlane 015.jpg
58 Fairlane 013.jpg
There is no replacement for cubic inches....

ZA Perana

Post by ZA Perana » Sat 11 Aug 2007, 21:08

Real treat to see these Fairlanes, such beautiful cars, I havent ever seen any Fairlanes of this vintage in Cape Town, a friend of mine had a vety nicely customized yellow one(Stealth might know it)...
Alfa GTV 3.0
Ford Capri Perana V8
Chevy Lumina Supercharged

Wait not for tomorrow to do what can be done today, live each day for one knows not what the next day may hold.

72XYGT

Post by 72XYGT » Sun 12 Aug 2007, 00:25

TdL351GT,
That's the Fords I was talking about. So they were '58 models. The one was a 2 door (cant remember if it was l/h drive) and the other was a four door. Massive things.
Jinne, manne!, I love these old Fords.
Theun, whenever I go up to Pta again, I must come and see your collection of cars. Please post more pics of your other cars as well.
I am Ford mad, but have to confess.......I also have a Chev SS in my collection which I still have to finish assemble.
Daan

Social Media