• ● The posts are not political
  • ● The posts are not about religion
  • ● Please keep posts civil and don't be nasty to other members
ters

Re: Australian Valiant Chargers

Post by ters » Sat 30 Sep 2017, 18:54

val265 wrote:
Sat 30 Sep 2017, 03:15
Hi thanks, yes I have seen pics of that one, to my knowledge and research the Red VJ Charger was imported by Pretoria Chrysler dealer in 1973 and was the only VJ Charger brought In by a dealership and sold that I can find history of. Do you know who owns it? Would love to speak to them.

The other is the one that that was for sale a while back which is a Vh 1971 e37 charger that was privately imported back in 1971 by a unknown importer as it does not have the Chrysler dealer code on the tag like the VJ one does above. (recently sold)

Then I know of one other that is in the S.A which was imported by the original Australian owner to Cape town a few years back etc. This was not a South African delivered car.

Do you know of any others??
The red Charger "may" be one of the Savannah survivors...hence the /6. I do know the owner well, he is a member of our MOG. I do apologize, but can unfortunately not share his details on an open platform. Yes, there is 5 others around...only two/three on the road...red VJ included.

Ters.
When it comes to the wife its easier to beg for forgiveness than ask for permission!
AMC Forum now accessible on Tapatalk! http://www.tsclassicclinic.co.za/

val265

Post by val265 » Sun 01 Oct 2017, 01:15

That's fine "ters" I understand, however if you would like to pass on my details to the owner and ask them if they would like to chat about there vehicle some more I have some information they may not already have including original build data etc and how many sold over there etc. Not to mention info on Australian Chargers they might not already know. Ask them to P.M if interested.

yeah the one in Cape town is still there and getting built still, What are the other ones you talk about and have you seen them in person?

ters

Post by ters » Sun 01 Oct 2017, 06:48

val265 wrote:
Sun 01 Oct 2017, 01:15
That's fine "ters" I understand, however if you would like to pass on my details to the owner and ask them if they would like to chat about there vehicle some more I have some information they may not already have including original build data etc and how many sold over there etc. Not to mention info on Australian Chargers they might not already know. Ask them to P.M if interested.

yeah the one in Cape town is still there and getting built still, What are the other ones you talk about and have you seen them in person?
I have sent you a private message sir....

Ters.
When it comes to the wife its easier to beg for forgiveness than ask for permission!
AMC Forum now accessible on Tapatalk! http://www.tsclassicclinic.co.za/

ZA Perana

Post by ZA Perana » Sun 01 Oct 2017, 11:08

ters wrote:
Sat 30 Sep 2017, 18:54
val265 wrote:
Hi thanks, yes I have seen pics of that one, to my knowledge and research the Red VJ Charger was imported by Pretoria Chrysler dealer in 1973 and was the only VJ Charger brought In by a dealership and sold that I can find history of. Do you know who owns it? Would love to speak to them.

The other is the one that that was for sale a while back which is a Vh 1971 e37 charger that was privately imported back in 1971 by a unknown importer as it does not have the Chrysler dealer code on the tag like the VJ one does above. (recently sold)

Then I know of one other that is in the S.A which was imported by the original Australian owner to Cape town a few years back etc. This was not a South African delivered car.

The red Charger "may" be one of the Savannah survivors...hence the /6. I do know the owner well, he is a member of our MOG. I do apologize, but can unfortunately not share his details on an open platform. Yes, there is 5 others around...only two/three on the road...red VJ included.

Ters.
Its a pity the records of Chrysler in SA were not retained better because it would be interesting to try and find the chassis number for example of the 100 000th Valiant made.
Alfa GTV 3.0
Ford Capri Perana V8
Chevy Lumina Supercharged

Wait not for tomorrow to do what can be done today, live each day for one knows not what the next day may hold.

IndianaJones

Post by IndianaJones » Sun 01 Oct 2017, 11:43

Hi val265

Would you be so kind as to do an introduction in the relevant section? Tell us a little about who you are, your passions, where you hail from, cars owned, and how you came to be an authority on Chargers, etc?

Thanks in advance.

brad265

Post by brad265 » Sun 01 Oct 2017, 12:43

[
Last edited by brad265 on Sun 01 Oct 2017, 12:54, edited 4 times in total.

brad265

Post by brad265 » Sun 01 Oct 2017, 12:47

ZA Perana wrote:
Sun 01 Oct 2017, 11:08
ters wrote:
Sat 30 Sep 2017, 18:54
val265 wrote:

Ters.
Its a pity the records of Chrysler in SA were not retained better because it would be interesting to try and find the chassis number for example of the 100 000th Valiant made.

That is a shame if so, unlike here in Australia the history of a lot of the models are well known and documented and were discovered after Chrysler Australia went to its demise. However a lot still isn't known and we are learning all the time.

Is there no one that gathered the information when CSA shut down or has anyone found the records since?

Do you have any contacts to people that used to work in the factory etc maybe that can help with specific information?

Cheers Brad
Last edited by brad265 on Sun 01 Oct 2017, 12:58, edited 1 time in total.

val265

Post by val265 » Sun 01 Oct 2017, 12:56

IndianaJones wrote:
Sun 01 Oct 2017, 11:43
Hi val265

Would you be so kind as to do an introduction in the relevant section? Tell us a little about who you are, your passions, where you hail from, cars owned, and how you came to be an authority on Chargers, etc?

Thanks in advance.
Hi, Yeah no worries at all, will do a intro now. Cheers

brewil

Post by brewil » Wed 03 Jan 2018, 21:20

Currently in restoration

I know of the red VJ, mine and one other Charger in South Africa
Charger 3.jpg
Charger 3.jpg (1.82 MiB) Viewed 11590 times
Charger 1.2.jpg
Charger 1.2.jpg (144.11 KiB) Viewed 11590 times

brewil

Post by brewil » Wed 03 Jan 2018, 21:24

The "brown" Cape Town car is mine

Finally getting round to finishing it but it will be modified while keeping the original look.
After wanting a V8 (of which I still have parts and a 360 block from Australia) I have decided on a turbo Hemi 265

Social Media