Forum sterf/ or what is it ,cold and rain?

Chat about anything that doenst fit in anywehere else
Forum rules
When posting topics on the forum please make sure:
  • ● The posts are not political
  • ● The posts are not about religion
  • ● Please keep posts civil and don't be nasty to other members
Shaughn

Re: Forum sterf/ or what is it ,cold and rain?

Post by Shaughn » Wed 17 May 2017, 22:41

ZA Perana wrote:
Shaughn wrote:Also most car sites are built and run by people who know how to build cars. :)
Never found this to be the case personally.
Well they not web people, cause if they are they need to change jobs.

Johann66

Post by Johann66 » Wed 17 May 2017, 22:43

That is why I promote the Practical and not the Philosiphy! Take a look at the projects and you will note there is a following.
Therefore the retaining of knowledge! I think that affordability is the key that drives any forum!

ZA Perana

Post by ZA Perana » Wed 17 May 2017, 22:48

Johann66 wrote:That is why I promote the Practical and not the Philosiphy! Take a look at the projects and you will note there is a following.
Therefore the retaining of knowledge! I think that affordability is the key that drives any forum!
I agree with you and...there are members of this forum who do build projects but they don't get posted here? Again as you have proved Johann content draws people. Sure a fancy avatar might too for a while but ultimately content trumps that in my book.

Affordability is an issue, undoubtedly so.
Alfa GTV 3.0
Ford Capri Perana V8
Chevy Lumina Supercharged

Wait not for tomorrow to do what can be done today, live each day for one knows not what the next day may hold.

RASSIE

Post by RASSIE » Thu 18 May 2017, 07:26

I was very surprised to see how many members had the same feeling as me. Compare 10 years back when I join and looking at the forum now it is not the same. Also selling all the Muscle cars over sea was the top stories in those days. Well I think if more people post the rides they got we will run as in the old days.
We are getting older and new "kids” should join. The older people can also post as this will help with inspire other members who also want to build a Muscle car. Experience cannot be bought!!
The picture when I was 50. Now 57. :lol:
Rassie.
Attachments
DSC05551.jpg
DSC05551.jpg (149.41 KiB) Viewed 2915 times
http://www.rassiesauto.co.za/
“Cowboys do not ride donkeys”
“I will die driving a V8”

mikeson

Post by mikeson » Thu 18 May 2017, 09:37

ha ha typical....just spent 15mins posting a reply and somehow it didnt post...

Anyway what I was trying to say is-
I think it would be awesome for someone like Shaughn to help promote the forum. Interest in cars is definitely on the increase - look at the attendance at the gauteng bigger car shows, the amount of car TV shows and the prices of classic/muscle cars 8O

I dont think forums are dying - just look at one of the other forums I frequent - 4x4forum. This forum has 60,000 members and is increasing with several posts a day. The power behind these forums is also great as there is often group discounts, they help encourage good service, help with advice and even sometimes offer free counselling from fellow members :D

Imagine some AfricanmuscleCar promotions, discounts etc....I am in!!!

ZA Perana

Post by ZA Perana » Thu 18 May 2017, 11:16

mikeson wrote:ha ha typical....just spent 15mins posting a reply and somehow it didnt post...

I think it would be awesome for someone like Shaughn to help promote the forum. Interest in cars is definitely on the increase - look at the attendance at the gauteng bigger car shows, the amount of car TV shows and the prices of classic/muscle cars 8O

I dont think forums are dying - just look at one of the other forums I frequent - 4x4forum. This forum has 60,000 members and is increasing with several posts a day. The power behind these forums is also great as there is often group discounts, they help encourage good service, help with advice and even sometimes offer free counselling from fellow members :D

How many bakkies and 4x4s are sold a month versus muscle cars? How many 4x4s are there in SA?

Just illustrating the market is very different.
Alfa GTV 3.0
Ford Capri Perana V8

Wait not for tomorrow to do what can be done today, live each day for one knows not what the next day may hold.

Johann66

Post by Johann66 » Thu 18 May 2017, 11:57

NEWS!! Chevrolet pulling out of SA! Sold plant to Suzuki!! Opel to Peugeot!
Chev to be discontinued!

Johann66

Post by Johann66 » Thu 18 May 2017, 12:07

Just illustrating the market is very different

The technology has changed! Today it is replace parts, not repair! Hands on does not exist! Also Older cars are becoming scarce and unaffordable. New cars are not user friendly! So I agree that the approach needs to change as well as the content!

Shaughn

Post by Shaughn » Thu 18 May 2017, 13:06

mikeson wrote:ha ha typical....just spent 15mins posting a reply and somehow it didnt post...

this forum has Total members 3955

of which at least 35% - 50% is going to bots, crawlers, and spyware. #Fact

ZA Perana

Post by ZA Perana » Thu 18 May 2017, 13:32

Shaughn wrote:

this forum has Total members 3955

of which at least 35% - 50% is going to bots, crawlers, and spyware. #Fact
Not true because I went through the member list last night in detail.....having said that we do have a lot of members on this list who did post but stopped posting.
Alfa GTV 3.0
Ford Capri Perana V8

Social Media