Forum sterf/ or what is it ,cold and rain?

Chat about anything that doenst fit in anywehere else
Forum rules
When posting topics on the forum please make sure:
  • ● The posts are not political
  • ● The posts are not about religion
  • ● Please keep posts civil and don't be nasty to other members
IndianaJones

Re: Forum sterf/ or what is it ,cold and rain?

Post by IndianaJones » Sun 28 May 2017, 21:16

Must say I'm pretty happy with the new format of the forum, works well in my opinion, and it's good to see greater activity on the forum.

I would just like to ask, not that it is my place to do so, but that fellow members state it immediately whenever they have an issue, or feel left out, or have any kind of hang ups with the forum. Not let the issues get as big as it has been, and give admin, or fellow members, a chance to respond.

As professional, modern and with the capability to compete on a grander scale, we would like the forum to be, this is still a tight knit little community, and I would like to think that we value and respect each others inputs, no matter how small. I try to offer help where I can, and just ask that others do the same. In the end we're all human, and don't know everything.

May this revamp, be the start, of great things to come.

RASSIE

Post by RASSIE » Mon 29 May 2017, 07:51

I think the forum is getting back to normal again. ;)
Keep it this way please.
Rassie.
http://www.rassiesauto.co.za/
“Cowboys do not ride donkeys”
“I will die driving a V8”

Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey » Tue 30 May 2017, 09:52

Ja nee kyk...definitively more active on the forum that usual...I find myself login in every 30 minutes to check updates...lekker Boys!!
:D :D :D

Johann66

Post by Johann66 » Sat 11 Nov 2017, 15:02

Byt vas!! The times are changing!!

RASSIE

Post by RASSIE » Mon 13 Nov 2017, 05:40

Time, money and everything is getting out of control. Weather also influences us badly and bad workers and more security with under qualified internet suppliers are sad. Three days at Telkom in three days just to get help with no internet! I have never spent time and money on security as now!!
Our nice S.A. is also slowly falling apart!!
Rassie.
http://www.rassiesauto.co.za/
“Cowboys do not ride donkeys”
“I will die driving a V8”

ZA Perana

Post by ZA Perana » Mon 13 Nov 2017, 07:40

Johann66 wrote:
Sat 11 Nov 2017, 15:02
Byt vas!! The times are changing!!
Change can be a good thing. If one sees the positive in change.
Alfa GTV 3.0
Ford Capri Perana V8
Chevy Lumina Supercharged

Wait not for tomorrow to do what can be done today, live each day for one knows not what the next day may hold.

Grizz1963

Post by Grizz1963 » Wed 29 Nov 2017, 10:09

I have been in two minds about replying to this thread.

I still check in regularly, especially on the Cars on other sites section and General where IndianaJones used to do such a great job of pulling stuff together for us. (I nearly bought one of his finds, but it was sold by the time I contacted the seller)

I used to find it addictive, looking at all the cars he found, every entry.

I stopped updating my Truck thread due to the comments and PM's that came my way, and would delete the whole thread in spite, if I could...... But I have noticed that loads of people still look at it weekly, around 100 plus, so all the kark that I did post in there must have been of interest to some.

I really wish more people would contribute to these forums, rather than just be users.

Sometimes a simple comment makes the regular posters make more effort.

I really want this unique resource (and it is a resource) to be successful.

mikeson

Post by mikeson » Wed 29 Nov 2017, 10:25

Welcome back Grizz!!
I personally have missed your updates, but don't blame you for leaving after some of those thoughtless comments. I find this forum quite intimidating and so am always a bit reluctant to leave comments or posts in fear of being heckled...

ZA Perana

Post by ZA Perana » Wed 29 Nov 2017, 15:58

mikeson wrote:
Wed 29 Nov 2017, 10:25
Welcome back Grizz!!
I personally have missed your updates, but don't blame you for leaving after some of those thoughtless comments. I find this forum quite intimidating and so am always a bit reluctant to leave comments or posts in fear of being heckled...
Hopefully I am not one of the intimidating ones :D

I can appreciate any comment, that's what makes forums interesting.
Alfa GTV 3.0
Ford Capri Perana V8
Chevy Lumina Supercharged

Wait not for tomorrow to do what can be done today, live each day for one knows not what the next day may hold.

Can-Am ZN

Post by Can-Am ZN » Wed 29 Nov 2017, 18:35

Grizz1963 wrote:
Wed 29 Nov 2017, 10:09
I have been in two minds about replying to this thread.

I still check in regularly, especially on the Cars on other sites section and General where IndianaJones used to do such a great job of pulling stuff together for us. (I nearly bought one of his finds, but it was sold by the time I contacted the seller)

I used to find it addictive, looking at all the cars he found, every entry.

I stopped updating my Truck thread due to the comments and PM's that came my way, and would delete the whole thread in spite, if I could...... But I have noticed that loads of people still look at it weekly, around 100 plus, so all the kark that I did post in there must have been of interest to some.

I really wish more people would contribute to these forums, rather than just be users.

Sometimes a simple comment makes the regular posters make more effort.

I really want this unique resource (and it is a resource) to be successful.
I was not aware of the negativity surrounding the posts on your thread, Grizz, as I did not really follow.

None of us are privy to your personal messages so do not know what was sent to you privately, but I just want to say that I am appalled that anyone would have the gall to level criticism at anything that you post on your truck thread!

It is YOUR thread on YOUR truck and YOU post whatever YOU want there...NOBODY has any right whatsoever to criticise or post any negative commentary on anything that you feel you want to post there.

It is clearly evident how popular your truck thread has proven to be on the forum, and am sure there is and will continue to be a loyal following on the forum.

Post whatever YOU want, it is YOUR tread on YOUR truck...don't allow any disruptive member discourage you from posting whatever YOU want there!

Those who find no interest in what you post can simply scroll by.

I hope to see you revive your thread and that you continue to report on something which you are clearly passionate about, and hope that the forum Admins and/or Mods do what mods are supposed to do :D
Last edited by Can-Am ZN on Wed 29 Nov 2017, 20:06, edited 1 time in total.
Gavin

1974 Chev Can-Am 302
1991 BMW 325iS Evolution (SOLD)

"The sad reality about the uneducated is that they don't know that they don't know." - Me

Social Media