Forum sterf/ or what is it ,cold and rain?

Chat about anything that doenst fit in anywehere else
Forum rules
When posting topics on the forum please make sure:
  • ● The posts are not political
  • ● The posts are not about religion
  • ● Please keep posts civil and don't be nasty to other members
RASSIE

Re: Forum sterf/ or what is it ,cold and rain?

Post by RASSIE » Thu 18 May 2017, 13:47

Hi ZA Perana you did post plenty!! WHY is Tiaan the owner of the site not posting. He was a very good member posting plenty!!
Rassie.
http://www.rassiesauto.co.za/
“Cowboys do not ride donkeys”
“I will die driving a V8”

Shaughn

Post by Shaughn » Thu 18 May 2017, 13:49

Well you do NOT need to sign up to view posts, the mere fact they dont post already leans towards them being spyware.
They will even have gmail accounts or very legit accounts, most are part of marketing firms ways to track user interests.

Send a mass mail to all users, count the bounces and then the spam that comes to the default system email account afterwards. Thats one way to detect all the fake ones.

Not all spam is the same , they not all "selling penis pills" , many many companies use AI and bots and fake user bots to harvest web activity and user activity. 4000 people the ratio should be much higher on posts regardless if they real.

mikeson

Post by mikeson » Thu 18 May 2017, 14:18

ZA Perana wrote:
mikeson wrote:ha ha typical....just spent 15mins posting a reply and somehow it didnt post...

Anyway what I was trying to say is-
I think it would be awesome for someone like Shaughn to help promote the forum. Interest in cars is definitely on the increase - look at the attendance at the gauteng bigger car shows, the amount of car TV shows and the prices of classic/muscle cars 8O

I dont think forums are dying - just look at one of the other forums I frequent - 4x4forum. This forum has 60,000 members and is increasing with several posts a day. The power behind these forums is also great as there is often group discounts, they help encourage good service, help with advice and even sometimes offer free counselling from fellow members :D

Imagine some AfricanmuscleCar promotions, discounts etc....I am in!!!
How many bakkies and 4x4s are sold a month versus muscle cars? How many 4x4s are there in SA?

Just illustrating the market is very different.
This is what I love about Car people - their Passion! Great debate this! :D

I agree with the above, but when you look at the people at car shows, watching them etc - a very small portion of them actually own them. They all share the Love of cars. I for one have a very slow classic car, but would love to own a muscle car. Hence me joining this forum.

ZA Perana

Post by ZA Perana » Thu 18 May 2017, 15:22

Shaughn wrote:Well you do NOT need to sign up to view posts, the mere fact they dont post already leans towards them being spyware.
They will even have gmail accounts or very legit accounts, most are part of marketing firms ways to track user interests.

Send a mass mail to all users, count the bounces and then the spam that comes to the default system email account afterwards. Thats one way to detect all the fake ones.

Not all spam is the same , they not all "selling penis pills" , many many companies use AI and bots and fake user bots to harvest web activity and user activity. 4000 people the ratio should be much higher on posts regardless if they real.
Again I have been here since inception and when I go through the member lists I see lots of people I remember from the past 50 posts, 100 posts, 500 posts. The slow down here is mainly a content issue in my view.
Alfa GTV 3.0
Ford Capri Perana V8
Chevy Lumina Supercharged

Wait not for tomorrow to do what can be done today, live each day for one knows not what the next day may hold.

Shaughn

Post by Shaughn » Thu 18 May 2017, 16:20

Well then its a easy fix :)

IndianaJones

Post by IndianaJones » Thu 18 May 2017, 18:24

Define "content", please?

ZA Perana

Post by ZA Perana » Thu 18 May 2017, 18:24

Shaughn wrote:Well then its a easy fix :)
It is...people need to post more! :D

I would however like to work on the Facebook and perhaps set up an instagram account.
Alfa GTV 3.0
Ford Capri Perana V8

Wait not for tomorrow to do what can be done today, live each day for one knows not what the next day may hold.

ZA Perana

Post by ZA Perana » Thu 18 May 2017, 18:25

IndianaJones wrote:Define "content", please?
You contribute a lot of interesting content. I don't always reply but I do read most of your and other posts on the forum.
Alfa GTV 3.0
Ford Capri Perana V8

IndianaJones

Post by IndianaJones » Thu 18 May 2017, 18:55

ZA Perana wrote:
You contribute a lot of interesting content. I don't always reply but I do read most of your and other posts on the forum.
You misunderstand my question, I'm merely trying to determine what exactly it is, you are referring to when you say it's a content issue? Do you mean the subject matter, the amount thereof, the quality, or whatever?

ZA Perana

Post by ZA Perana » Thu 18 May 2017, 18:59

IndianaJones wrote:
ZA Perana wrote:
You misunderstand my question, I'm merely trying to determine what exactly it is, you are referring to when you say it's a content issue? Do you mean the subject matter, the amount thereof, the quality, or whatever?
Simply a case of more people posting, each post is content.
Alfa GTV 3.0
Ford Capri Perana V8

Social Media