Forum rules
When posting topics on the forum please make sure:
  • ● The posts are not political
  • ● The posts are not about religion
  • ● Please keep posts civil and don't be nasty to other members
Bearhawke

Re: Whats South Africa Coming to ????

Post by Bearhawke » Sat 27 Sep 2014, 00:59

We have similar problems in our inner cities here in the USA as in RSA. Needless to say; those same cities tend to believe in strict licensing of guns, just that the hood rats don't obey the law hence leaving law abiding citizens of any race vulnerable.

Thank God I live in Arizona where one does not need a permit to carry concealed so, our miscreants here watch their manners. 8)
Bearhawke in Az, USA

1998 Plymouth Grand Voyager minivan.

roelb

Post by roelb » Sat 27 Sep 2014, 11:55

This is a very serious topic and has a lot of very good information to share.
I lived for 39 years in CT, had 2 burglaries before we moved to the UK.
The last one I was woken by the newspaper boy, he found all my garage doors open, stuff everywhere. Apparently they found the frequency of the electric doors, opened them and gained access to the house. Thankfully we were on the 3 rd floor sleeping and that was locked with a steel gate. Stripped the house, stole the wive's car, but could not start my Camero's, even though the keys were in them. I learned an expensive lesson of locking the door between the garage and the house and not leaving keys in the cars . Even today none of my children knew it happened, the were very small then.
Anyway, been in the UK nearly 16 years, but we want to return now to spend longer times there, parents and family are getting old and we miss them. A lot of people think we are mad to do this, but I am still a South African and believe in the country. I absolutely take to heart what you all are writing and can only try to be sensible and live in a reasonable safe area, if that exist.
Thank you for telling us about your experiences.
'72 Roadrunner GTX 440 4 speed
'66 Fury 3 318 Wagon 3 speed
'90 Twincam 16V Corolla GLi Exc

paulusvrotius1

Post by paulusvrotius1 » Sat 27 Sep 2014, 13:27

Roelb,

My sister was the first of us to return to UK, lived here for about 10 years but missed S.A. so much she returned and now lives near Stellenbosch and is loving it.
I guess where you are living can make all the difference.

I often think of returning but then get put off by my past experiences.

Who knows man, this country is starting to go to the dogs so...................... ;)
Cheers

My AMC:
1971 Capri Perana Yellow/Blk.

Old Fords never die because some clotheads keep bodging them back together!!

roelb

Post by roelb » Sun 28 Sep 2014, 13:22

' Who knows man, this country is starting to go to the dogs so...................... ;) '

yeah Paul, I agree with that statement!!!, but that can fill al whole other thread re the UK ;)
Our plan is to go to Jeffries Bay, bought a house there in the Marina, looks quite safe....
I guess time will tell :|
'72 Roadrunner GTX 440 4 speed
'66 Fury 3 318 Wagon 3 speed
'90 Twincam 16V Corolla GLi Exc

paulusvrotius1

Post by paulusvrotius1 » Sun 28 Sep 2014, 14:23

roelb wrote:' Who knows man, this country is starting to go to the dogs so...................... ;) '

yeah Paul, I agree with that statement!!!, but that can fill al whole other thread re the UK ;)
Our plan is to go to Jeffries Bay, bought a house there in the Marina, looks quite safe....
I guess time will tell :|
J bay is a lovely place, I used to go there often when I lived in P.E. Great surfing if that's your thing.
Cheers

My AMC:
1971 Capri Perana Yellow/Blk.

Old Fords never die because some clotheads keep bodging them back together!!

RASSIE

Post by RASSIE » Thu 02 Oct 2014, 07:22

Had a call at 1 am. Neighbors wife phoned my wife and worn there are 2 men in her courtyard. We did hear a car horn as a warning. We phone CCPO and Blue security. Only 3 minutes as I was out with my gun and LED torch then car tires as 3 security cars arrive ready to kill. LED TV was found in the road. Got no idea who the owners was? It was raining and we all patrol but the Bastxxrds was gone in the bushes in the back!
This is lekker old cowboy days. Shoot to kill without warning as bullets are expensive.
They must have stolen the TV and a car spotted them and they broke into the electric gate next door to hide. The TV wait in the rain in the road.
No Cops arrive?
Just another day in S.A.
Rassie.
http://www.rassiesauto.co.za/
“Cowboys do not ride donkeys”
“I will die driving a V8”

HughMuller

Post by HughMuller » Thu 02 Oct 2014, 08:40

And its gonna get worse since we getting closer to Christmas the Thieves are doing the Christmas shopping early

Always strange that they release the crime stats in September before the increase in crime

everyone be aware and on alert can we really trust the cops?
1969 Camaro Convertible RS/SS Full Frame 427CI ZL1
1971 Plymouth Cuda
1956 Ford F100

Gavin RS

Post by Gavin RS » Thu 02 Oct 2014, 13:10

Hey guys just my opinion...

I have been over seas for work in 2005, Poland and UK ...also Had job offers in the US and the UK in the late 90's but never took any of them... I have been burgled 3 times . 1994 and 1995 and then again in another house in 2000. helped neigbhors 2 years ago to catch some guys, more than once., been a victim of a smash and grab in JHB in broad daylight, I hurt the savage and then chased him through the Bree Stree Taxi rank, but he got away with a few injuries. That was an experience, I've nailed another savage with a tazer.. I personally know people that have lost a family member due to crime. I think most of us have this experience.

BUT !! I wont leave this country ,
Just sit and think of what we have here in SA.(Think Positive for a minute) A stunning coastline running thousands of Km's from West, to South all the way round to the East. Some of the best dive sites in the World, stunning mountains, coastal and inland awesome get away's, wildlife more than anywhere else on earth (Except maybe the Amazon) Rivers a plenty, etc etc. we live in nice houses and most of us own more than 1 car......classics and newer. braais anytime, the best weather in the world. Our cost of living even though we complain all the time is cheap compared to other counties, A big problem we South Africans have is to always see the negative and keep comparing to other counrties. Ok so our currency is useless unfortunately and the corrupt government is the biggest problem

The grass is not greener as the saying goes, the rest of the world in this modern day and age is still so uninformed and clueless about South Africa and its history as all they know is Mandela and Apartheid.. its pathetic.

The Northern Hemisphere is due for a War soon, just see whats happening on the news, other countries are being taken over by a certain religion and changing for the worst as they seem to get their way everywhere they go, Christianity is dying and taking a backwards step regarding this. Australia had the right attitude towards this with the their previous Prime Minister

The certain factions and political parties here in SA will end up going to war with each other , just a matter of time as it has started already, everything is falling apart at the moment, Heard on the news this morning that the SA Post office is un fixable, the strike is still on and that the corrupt top management all need to be fired before it can TRY to be saved.

One day things may come right in SA and we can end up being the Best place in the World. We need to re introduce skills for artisan training, bring back the apprentice board, bring back proper trainers, get people that can actually do a job properly with pride and pass on their knowledge to the younger generation.

We are not patriotic at all and that is already a problem.
I have friends and family that have immigrated all over the world, some have come back after being in certain countries for over 10 years as they missed what we have in SA, I see what some people have given up to leave SA.

My major hate is having friends and family leave to go live in the US or UK or Oz and NZ and after a few years run down SA to the people in the country they are living in as though it is some type of primitive place. this typo of talk hurts this country.

Then you get foreigners who come over to visit or work in SA that never want to leave because it is such a great country.

:idea: Technology will be the down fall of the human race but its a big problem here in SA and I have had numerous experiences with this issue as it is making the current and younger generation lazy and useless and totally stupid . WHO will maintain and fix things mechanical as well as buildings etc etc as to plug in a diagnostic computer certainly wont be able to as it usually says "NO FAULT FOUND" so there cant be a problem :lol:

Jeeez after this post I should write a book He He
1984 Rover Vanden Plas V8 (Historic Race car)
1986 Rover 3500 Vitesse (UK Import Ex London Police Car)
1983 Rover Vanden Plas undergoing conversion to race car.
2009 Ford Territory ST,
2006 Ford Fiesta 1.6 Auto, daily driver

Insomnia

Post by Insomnia » Thu 02 Oct 2014, 13:28

http://mg.co.za/article/2014-10-01-bill ... serve-bank

Now he set up a Trust to help people.

HughMuller

Post by HughMuller » Thu 02 Oct 2014, 15:08

@Gavin
I couldn't agree with you I am positive and hope things will turn around for the better
We all need to stand together and stand up for this country
We should be the ones that reap the rewards and make the other countries jealous

I love this country and I really do want it to turn around
we have the most awesome weather and as you say beaches and holiday location

I would rather take a holiday in out country with access to everything

this is also kinda why I get so upset and annoyed that they just don't care

i am not sure you has read this blog but this is what we dealing with and this concerns me

http://ntsikimazwai.wordpress.com/2014/ ... -africans/

here is the response to that

http://www.news24.com/MyNews24/A-Respon ... s-20140928
1969 Camaro Convertible RS/SS Full Frame 427CI ZL1
1971 Plymouth Cuda
1956 Ford F100

Social Media