When posting topics on the forum please make sure:
  • ● The posts are not political
  • ● The posts are not about religion
  • ● Please keep posts civil and don't be nasty to other members
Gavin RS

Re: Whats South Africa Coming to ????

Post by Gavin RS » Sat 20 Sep 2014, 09:49

Hey Guys

As we were posting about break-ins etc my Sister and Brother in Law's house was broken into last week, they live in Silverfields Krugersdorp. the BAstards threatened to shoot them etc but fortunately they have a serious security gate in the passage so they were safe but the F^$% g savages ransacked the lounge etc and got away with quite a lot of stuff. Now my brother in law is very careless and leaves things open, his front yard is so dark at night you cant see anything. He has now started to improve his security fortunately as this was a wake up call.

Anyway to you guys that have had these experiences I am glad you are all ok.

My problem is I will never back down from these savages as my property and my family are all that matters and if I end up killing one of these assholes then so be it. I know the laws etc etc and you are better off if you end up killing a thief as long he is on your property. If you injure one then your trouble starts.

I have been told I am stupid and an idiot and I am going to get myself killed......Well What I have learnt is that these so called previously disadvantaged oompah loompahs cannot take confrontation. they expect us to back off and just let them do what they want. The fact they have no regard for anyone's life , even their own make things worse. I spent 5 years as a PF member in the military from 1981- 9 months first at 4-SAI in the army then joined the Airforce and qualified as an armament fitter so weapons and explosives etc not a problem :D

If you are in a position to attack first it throws them off. surprise works as I have found out quite a few times. Obviously 5 guys with guns is a problem but as long as we are all aware and keep on our toes you should be able to get out of a situation. As said above the 10111 number as well as the Police in General are a joke.

Our Government is doing nothing to curb crime as a large majority of the cops are involved in crime anyway.

One of the reasons I don't have any real fire arms any more is because I would use them.

I also have bought a proper Taser with a 5m range . my normal stun gun I have use more than once funniest was on a window washer on Grayston drive bridge, my car was clean and this vagrant sprays dirty water on my windscreen I shout at him but he carries on so I open the window and jab him with the stungun, he dropped everything and hop skipped and jumped across 2 lanes of highway and never got hit.quite a few people in the traffic were laughing there heads off.

Just some info for security. CCTV-SA has specials on a camera system that has everything and the cameras are night vision as well. set up beams in your garden, link cameras to TV or monitor and a silent alarm in your room, camera will activate in the area when someone gets into the yard. early warning and will help you to try scare whoever off. Trust me if you hear a fully automatic paintball rifle late at night you would thing it was an AK 47, quite something :lol:

Keep your eyes peeled and stay safe
1984 Rover Vanden Plas V8 (Historic Race car)
1986 Rover 3500 Vitesse (UK Import Ex London Police Car)
1983 Rover Vanden Plas undergoing conversion to race car.
2009 Ford Territory ST,
2006 Ford Fiesta 1.6 Auto, daily driver

hckramer

Post by hckramer » Sat 20 Sep 2014, 11:10

I am just so glad that everyone is okay after their experiences. As mentioned before, you can replace things stolen but not a life. What makes me really, really the p!@s in, is the emotional scars these ass wipes cause. Sorry about the word but that does not even explain how angry I get.

I had a break-in at my house last year while my wife was in the house. She pushed the panic button but the "gemors" still continued breaking in. They where in and out in less than 4 minutes and only took my LCD TV. One of the f*&kers even went to our bedroom where my wife was hiding and asked for jewels. He then left and my wife released the TV was gone. The armed response showed up after the police about 5 minutes after the assholes left. What really upsets me is how this has affected my wife. To this day she still gets paranoid whenever she hears a car in our street and to make things worse, a car stopped in our driveway a week ago and when they saw my wife looking at them through the window, they sped off. Now, she is back to last years emotions and scared shitless that they will come back. I feel so powerless being at work and all.

We are lucky though to have decent sector police and me and my wife worked out exactly what we are going to do if they try this again. You are probably already doing it but if not, speak to everyone in the family and have a plan in place and even practice it so you know what to do in an emergency. Keep a pay as you go phone in the toilet\bathroom where you can go and hide so you have an extra phone if your phone is not with you or they take your phone and lock you in the bathroom.

It is really sad what SA has become. All we can do is try our best to have an early warning system and a plan in place.

Hope this never happens to any of us again.

Gavin RS

Post by Gavin RS » Mon 22 Sep 2014, 10:37

Glad to hear your wife is ok.

Here is a link to the place for cameras etc and this taser is worth having

http://cctv-direct.co.za/collections/st ... -5m-s-away
2009 Ford Territory ST,

Insomnia

Post by Insomnia » Mon 22 Sep 2014, 15:42

Re. Safety and security.
Basics makes a difference.

Awareness. How well do you know your neighborhood?
It's a known fact that when ever there is construction of any kind , the crime level goes up.

* http://www.saps.gov.za/alert/safety_awareness_home.php

* http://www.adt.co.za/residential-securi ... afety-tips

Some safety and security gadgets.
http://www.thegadgetshop.co.za/products ... n_cat_id=5

http://www.spyworld.co.za/

I am saying it again.
Your Domestic worker . Gardner.
* Can be a source of valuable information.
They know what is going on . on the streets.
They are also prime targets for syndicates , to source information , by any means. Willingly or by violence.

blitzvw

Post by blitzvw » Mon 22 Sep 2014, 16:12

Unfortunately, this crime pattern is all over. And is only going to get worse the more porous our borders get and the more the economy sinks leaving many jobless.

We lived in our house in Pretoria for the past 22 years with no issues, until this year. Broke into our house and cleaned out whatever they could find, including my wife's jewelry and laptops etc. Was a huge wake up call for us, have upped all the security, have separated the sleeping quarters from the rest of the house etc. Forytunately there was no one at home, as things can get messy quickly with these savages.

Of late, things have been spiralling from bad to worse, with random people just strolling through the yard and having a look. My brother is quite vigilant as he studies from home and so keeps a track of people in and out of the street and if he detects anyone suspicious, watches and lets our neighbourhood watch know via whatsapp. This has been a major boon.

I have since moved down to cape town and stay in a complex in a quiet area, but even then have not dropped my guard. You always have to keep your guard up and be observant.
I am saying it again.
Your Domestic worker . Gardner.
* Can be a source of valuable information.
They know what is going on . on the streets.
They are also prime targets for syndicates , to source information , by any means. Willingly or by violence.
Caught our neighbours domestic leaving signs outside our house for her accomplices, so anything is possible. :cry:

Gavin RS

Post by Gavin RS » Tue 23 Sep 2014, 08:49

Good information there, people walking down roads casually are normally just casing the area as you say. and domestics cannot be trusted these days.
thanks for the saps links.

I would love to move down to Cape Town if I has the chance
2009 Ford Territory ST,

Insomnia

Post by Insomnia » Fri 26 Sep 2014, 07:11

And then the water issues in Gauteng.

http://www.news24.com/Tags/Topics/water

Very nice.
I know it's even worse if you look at the Platteland(rural areas)

This has been a disaster waiting to happen, as with a long list of Departments : Electricity , Municipals failing , Look how the Rail network is . ect.ect.

The skills levels have been steadily declining the last 20 years.
The lack of skills management and skills transfer is also evident.
And now look where we are.

HughMuller

Post by HughMuller » Fri 26 Sep 2014, 07:34

I could agree more

Its sad but true as mentioned right in the beginning about the robbery etc, our suburb Helderkruin has been under siege so for the last 2 weeks theres been a robbery or attempted robbery every single night, the only positive about this is that you actually getting to know your neighbors etc.
But the sad things is you getting to know them under the wrong circumstances.

These criminal have no regards for anyone.

So last night we consider another new tactic and launched a Drone with a Thermal Imagining Camera at about 8:30pm ingot the valley, to to get an idea of the landscape below, it was shocking to see how many "Vagrant/Bergies" are in the valley. We had 2 Rapid Response Policeman over too, and they couldn't believe. The biggest challenge is that a setup like that is over R100K. but i guess whats the value of a human life.

Its so sad we have to consider things like this.

then to top it off look at our currency we almost back to a state where it become to expensive to looking at importing and how many project will be abandoned due to funds
Does not look like it is going to recover anytime soon.

Don't get me wrong I live this country but is really seems like its heading the wrong way and it seem like our government has no plan to turn this around and more worried about what can they get out of the deal for themselves
1969 Camaro Convertible RS/SS Full Frame 427CI ZL1
1971 Plymouth Cuda
1956 Ford F100

Scar

Post by Scar » Fri 26 Sep 2014, 10:29

A woman I know very well was attacked in her home in Fourways in the middle of the afternoon on Tuesday by 3 men with an Axe! She works from home. Currently in ICU getting put back together. Fortunately looks like no brain damage. So thankful her 14 year old daughter was not at home!!

You see and hear the stats, listen to others experiences, but always the impact of crime is far greater when it hits close to home. I remember an uncle of mine telling me how SA had a great future and all was good......until he was hijacked at gun point in his driveway....he now lives in the UK....

My wifes father was murdered, my brother-in-laws grandfather was murdered. I have three children to worry about, their safety and their future. I am an optimist, I love SA, but things are getting bad..... :cry: Thinking of starting to wear my firearm like I used to in the early 90s!!
Scar

58 Chevy Biscayne
69 Barracuda 383
Audi S4 supercharged V6 (daily driver)

paulusvrotius1

Post by paulusvrotius1 » Fri 26 Sep 2014, 15:12

I was born in England and emigrated to S.A. in 1970 with my family, life was very good back then.

Over the years I had my car stolen but got it back, my BMW bike stollen, never recovered, all my camping gear and possesions pinched off my bike when I stopped to have a pee at a service station in the Karoo, business broken into 8 times despite armed response and constant upgrading of alarms and burgler prevention, my friend gunned down in the street outside his parents house and was very nearly killed for his COMPANY CAR then finally attacked in my car at the traffic lights, luckily they ran off when I got out with my 9mm parabellum in hand and covered in broken glass.

Now you know why I live back in the UK.

I miss S.A. a great deal and feel awefull leaving my many friends behind but I had had enough.

I feel for you guys that still have to put up with this life. Take care.
Cheers

My AMC:
1971 Capri Perana Yellow/Blk.

Old Fords never die because some clotheads keep bodging them back together!!

Social Media