Forum rules
When posting topics on the forum please make sure:
  • ● The posts are not political
  • ● The posts are not about religion
  • ● Please keep posts civil and don't be nasty to other members
TIMOTHY MUDALI

Re: Scam Warning

Post by TIMOTHY MUDALI » Wed 20 Nov 2013, 07:08

i also had an experience with a guy called WIM GROBBELAAR.said he is a doctor blah blah blah.if i could catch this guy i will kick the shit out of him.i never got scammed but he used my name and scammed someone else.when the guy called me it was too late.scammed an old bally out of 5k.

i dont even know where he is

tim

colin davids

Post by colin davids » Wed 20 Nov 2013, 08:30

ROBBINATOR wrote:Wow....sorry to hear about all this guys :(

On a similar note.....how would you guys suggest doing deals like this??
Lets say the ad is legit but it is between 2 cities......the seller will not release his item and the buyer will not release his hard earned money (even if it is only a deposit).......how does one meet in between to make the transaction materialize??
Remember......both buyer and seller are legit but neither wants to budge first (in lieu of all the rife scamming)....you have no-one nearby to view or authenticate anything......lets say it is not a trustworthy member from this board.......all you know 'somehow' is that the item does exist......however you are/were able to ascertain that and you are interested in it.

Thanks guys....

Cheers.....Robbie.
Howzit Robbie

This may sound like a lot of effort but i prefer to deliver a part to a buyer. When its a big ticket item like an engine etc. i reckon its worth the trouble to go the extra mile for the buyer's peace of mind. That way he can inspect it and then make the payment. Couriers are very expensive when it comes to heavy items and buyers are often willing to cover your costs. Rassie's idea is perfect for small goods though. The last thing you want is for an engine to arrive with a bashed in sump or a broken intake after being sent with a courier.
FORD CAPRI PERANA NO. 66
FORD CAPRI V8 DRAG CAR
FORD SIERRA XR8
FORD CORTINA 3.0 S W/CHEVY V8
BMW E30 W/ FORD 347 STROKER
1970 MUSTANG MACH 1 MANUAL W/4V CLEVELAND
SUZUKI GSXR 1000
FORD SAPPHIRE 2 LITRE 16 VALVE TURBO

Heavy D2

Post by Heavy D2 » Wed 20 Nov 2013, 09:17

Mopar wanted to know from Heavy if we can bring the scammer to him after the scammer has been

arrested. Heavy did not answer. I also want to know---can we bring the scammer to you,Heavy?

You can bring me the @#$& ! I can be very creative , they won't find a thing ...

johan wepener

Post by johan wepener » Wed 20 Nov 2013, 09:37

:D

Johan
JOHAN WEPENER

IF YOU WISH TO DRAW AN INFERENCE IT HAS TO BE CONSISTENT WITH ALL THE PROVEN FACTS.IF NOT, THE INFERENCE CANNOT BE DRAWN

cosmic001

Post by cosmic001 » Wed 20 Nov 2013, 10:07

Ya ya.....had the same experience, guy wanting to sell Ford Interceptor XR6 in Limpopo, for 25k, he seemed all good and was very convincing, so I asked myself who in their right mind would want to sell a mint condition Cortina interceptor for 25K, so I asked my friend to phone the guy and tell him to please keep the car for him and guess what, he done the same promised my friend the car and told him not to tell anyone.

so we asked another friend to phone and he done the same thing, so we posted the scam on junkmail and olx for scamster warning,,,,

I recommend that we should ask a lot of guys to phone this oke and test them and we will find out what they up to.

sorry for your loss bud..

TIMOTHY MUDALI

Post by TIMOTHY MUDALI » Wed 20 Nov 2013, 10:52

maybe start a thread on the forum for guys wanting to buy cars.if the car is in durban for example,get hold of me or whoever is in dbn to check out the buyer.if in jhb get someone on the forum from jhb and so on and so on etc.
that way we can look after each guys interest.not only for cars,but for parts and whatever.the thread could have details of members willing to do this

i frankly have had enough of scammers!!!!!!!!!!

I WANNA CATCH ONE

cosmic001

Post by cosmic001 » Wed 20 Nov 2013, 11:10

Your idea is topz, lets start this thread.
:D

Billy_the_Kid

Post by Billy_the_Kid » Wed 20 Nov 2013, 11:16

TIMOTHY MUDALI wrote:maybe start a thread on the forum for guys wanting to buy cars.if the car is in durban for example,get hold of me or whoever is in dbn to check out the buyer.if in jhb get someone on the forum from jhb and so on and so on etc.
that way we can look after each guys interest.not only for cars,but for parts and whatever.the thread could have details of members willing to do this

i frankly have had enough of scammers!!!!!!!!!!

I WANNA CATCH ONE
Well I am in Pretoria Moot Area and will always assist. I get my site notifications on my phone, just like I believe most of you do, so PM me anytime and I would try to assist with viewing of cars and/or parts.

Cheers
William
My current rides
Ford Cortina Ldv 3.0L V6
Ford Transit 2.5L V6
Kawasaki GPZ 550 Customized
Kawasaki GPZ1100

ROBBINATOR

Post by ROBBINATOR » Wed 20 Nov 2013, 15:43

colin davids wrote:
ROBBINATOR wrote:Wow....sorry to hear about all this guys :(

On a similar note.....how would you guys suggest doing deals like this??
Lets say the ad is legit but it is between 2 cities......the seller will not release his item and the buyer will not release his hard earned money (even if it is only a deposit).......how does one meet in between to make the transaction materialize??
Remember......both buyer and seller are legit but neither wants to budge first (in lieu of all the rife scamming)....you have no-one nearby to view or authenticate anything......lets say it is not a trustworthy member from this board.......all you know 'somehow' is that the item does exist......however you are/were able to ascertain that and you are interested in it.

Thanks guys....

Cheers.....Robbie.
Howzit Robbie

This may sound like a lot of effort but i prefer to deliver a part to a buyer. When its a big ticket item like an engine etc. i reckon its worth the trouble to go the extra mile for the buyer's peace of mind. That way he can inspect it and then make the payment. Couriers are very expensive when it comes to heavy items and buyers are often willing to cover your costs. Rassie's idea is perfect for small goods though. The last thing you want is for an engine to arrive with a bashed in sump or a broken intake after being sent with a courier.

Howzit bud.....hats off to you for operating that way....absolutely any buyer's dream to purchase from you :)

I also fancy the other members idea of having a Nationwide network of forum members who are willing to check out parts/cars/whatever on behalf of fellow members and even pulling the deal on their behalf to.
I would rather EFT a fellow forum member and have him check the item out and transact the deal than to EFT a total stranger.

Thanks again guys....

Cheers....Robbie.
EXPERIENCE.....tells you that a Tomato is a fruit.
WISDOM....tells you that it does not go in a fruit salad.
GOOGLE....can help avoid your customer's car from burning out and then been summonsed to court.

ters

Post by ters » Wed 20 Nov 2013, 15:49

1. Ters for Pretoria/North, Rustenburg, Bela Bela, Brits etc.
Screw these scamsters! :evil:
Ters.
When it comes to the wife its easier to beg for forgiveness than ask for permission!
AMC Forum now accessible on Tapatalk! http://www.tsclassicclinic.co.za/

Social Media