Forum rules
When posting topics on the forum please make sure:
  • ● The posts are not political
  • ● The posts are not about religion
  • ● Please keep posts civil and don't be nasty to other members
colin davids

Re: Scam Warning

Post by colin davids » Wed 20 Nov 2013, 17:14

That sounds like a good idea Robbie. I will do my bit on the Cape Town side.
Just don't send me to look at any bowties. I don't want to get chevy on me. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
FORD CAPRI PERANA NO. 66
FORD CAPRI V8 DRAG CAR
FORD SIERRA XR8
FORD CORTINA 3.0 S W/CHEVY V8
BMW E30 W/ FORD 347 STROKER
1970 MUSTANG MACH 1 MANUAL W/4V CLEVELAND
SUZUKI GSXR 1000
FORD SAPPHIRE 2 LITRE 16 VALVE TURBO

colin davids

Post by colin davids » Wed 20 Nov 2013, 17:20

BTW Robbie, i left a response to your old capri windscreen ad in parts for sale. Plse let me know if you still have it.

Thanks
Colin
FORD CAPRI PERANA NO. 66
FORD CAPRI V8 DRAG CAR
FORD SIERRA XR8
FORD CORTINA 3.0 S W/CHEVY V8
BMW E30 W/ FORD 347 STROKER
1970 MUSTANG MACH 1 MANUAL W/4V CLEVELAND
SUZUKI GSXR 1000
FORD SAPPHIRE 2 LITRE 16 VALVE TURBO

ROBBINATOR

Post by ROBBINATOR » Wed 20 Nov 2013, 18:41

colin davids wrote:That sounds like a good idea Robbie. I will do my bit on the Cape Town side.
Just don't send me to look at any bowties. I don't want to get chevy on me. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I will never send you (or any other Blue Oval-ler) to look at any Bowtie parts for me......I just know you will say you arrived too late (typical of Ford :oops: ) and just keep the deal for yourselves :lol: :lol:

Cheers....Robbie.
EXPERIENCE.....tells you that a Tomato is a fruit.
WISDOM....tells you that it does not go in a fruit salad.
GOOGLE....can help avoid your customer's car from burning out and then been summonsed to court.

JayceLane

Post by JayceLane » Wed 20 Nov 2013, 18:52

I second having guys in the know, looking out for each other. Well I will raise my hand for stuff in the KZN Midlands area for the uninformed thats Pietermaritzburg and surrounding country side within 40 mins of me. Further than that I want to become a part owner in the vehicle you buy :lol:
No school like old school
www.jayces-classics-spares.com

ters

Post by ters » Wed 20 Nov 2013, 19:07

JayceLane wrote:Well I will raise my hand for stuff in the KZN Midlands area for the uninformed thats Pietermaritzburg and surrounding country side within 40 mins of me.
Surely your Accord is more reliable? :mrgreen:

Ters.
When it comes to the wife its easier to beg for forgiveness than ask for permission!
AMC Forum now accessible on Tapatalk! http://www.tsclassicclinic.co.za/

JayceLane

Post by JayceLane » Wed 20 Nov 2013, 19:39

Ja, it is more reliable, but I cant encroach on Tim's spot Durbs. Dangerous place that all and all :lol:
No school like old school
www.jayces-classics-spares.com

68barracuda

Post by 68barracuda » Wed 20 Nov 2013, 20:22

JayceLane wrote:Yip when you see a title like this you just know. I was scammed out of R2k over the weekend. I am sharing the modus operandi with you so you can be more fortunate than me.

I posted a wanted add on junkmail and gumtree for a tailgate for my Ford F250. A chap by the name of Nico, phoned me, telling me that his wife had seen my add and it was really fortunate as he was clearing out his garage.

I ask questions about condition and such, he described as all being good, that the tailgate had come from his late fathers bakkie. Then he asked where I stayed and I said Pietermaritzburg. He said to me that he was sending a lowbed down from White River to pick up a TLB of his in Pinetown and they could load the tailgate and drop it off on the way past. However the truck was set to leave at about 13:00 so if I could do a cashsend then he could load it and his driver could get going.

I queried, if I could not do an EFT rather, He said he would prefer me to do the cashsend as he stays 40 kms out of Whiteriver and he could get the details to his driver, who could just use the money to draw cash on route.

During this whole process, he asked if I wanted to send the cash send to his wife's number so she could confirm it had cleared. I sent it to his, we communicated back and forth for a little, he said he would send me his ID and street address so he had my details and I was to send him the same for traceability purposes. He send me his details and I sent him mine.

Later, I struggled to get hold of him. Got suspicious when the delivery was late yesterday morning and I still could not get hold of him or his wife. Checked the address he sent me and it ended up being the postal address for Ackermans in Whiteriver.

So... lesson learnt. Glad it was not a more expensive lesson. It is difficult though when you have been looking for a part for 6 months it is sitting 700 km away and the guys sends you a pic. Anyway no eating out this month.
I had the reverse experience - unfortunately with a forum member who wanted some spares - I went out of my way to secure everything he needed - even swopped some spares with friends - then when we had to conclude the deal this individual let know he has spent his car money for this month on powder coating etc. I told him I was prepared to wait, we either had to conclude the deal before I go to the UK or afterwards - time scale changed last minute due to work demands, but this was sorted before I left, once I was back a week later I was informed that he has sourced everything he needed, but will let me know if he needs anything else - unfortunately for him I am well known in the Mopar world locally - and the senior guys know what happened. I did not loose any money - but if you screw with my time you are on my wrong side. Permanently.
Will use the bits in somewhere else in future
Regards,
Fanie Gerber
It's never junk, it's just a part you're not currently using

http://www.valiant50.co.za
Just say I own a few Mopars

Social Media