Forum rules
When posting topics on the forum please make sure:
  • ● The posts are not political
  • ● The posts are not about religion
  • ● Please keep posts civil and don't be nasty to other members
JayceLane

Re: Scam Warning

Post by JayceLane » Mon 18 Nov 2013, 15:49

Sorry to hear that you guys got nailed as well. We may have form a support group. :) But does point to the fact if we knew of how the TLB scammer worked some of us may have not parted with our money.

However the problem is that at some point, you do have to trust a person at some point in the transaction.
No school like old school
www.jayces-classics-spares.com

Heavy D2

Post by Heavy D2 » Mon 18 Nov 2013, 15:53

The problem was actually that you feel like such a big asshole that I never told anyone ! Could have saved some people a couple of bucks .....

ROBBINATOR

Post by ROBBINATOR » Mon 18 Nov 2013, 17:46

Wow....sorry to hear about all this guys :(

On a similar note.....how would you guys suggest doing deals like this??
Lets say the ad is legit but it is between 2 cities......the seller will not release his item and the buyer will not release his hard earned money (even if it is only a deposit).......how does one meet in between to make the transaction materialize??
Remember......both buyer and seller are legit but neither wants to budge first (in lieu of all the rife scamming)....you have no-one nearby to view or authenticate anything......lets say it is not a trustworthy member from this board.......all you know 'somehow' is that the item does exist......however you are/were able to ascertain that and you are interested in it.

Thanks guys....

Cheers.....Robbie.
EXPERIENCE.....tells you that a Tomato is a fruit.
WISDOM....tells you that it does not go in a fruit salad.
GOOGLE....can help avoid your customer's car from burning out and then been summonsed to court.

Burnthosetyres

Post by Burnthosetyres » Mon 18 Nov 2013, 17:58

I would be so pissed off, out of principle I'd like to dance with them a little bit! But if you guys combine info, all have mobile numbers used, any half decent PI should be able to triangulate to trace. Bring the pricks to book!
'A Camaro is a little animal that eats Mustangs!'

Mopar 440

Post by Mopar 440 » Mon 18 Nov 2013, 17:58

Heavy D2 wrote:The problem was actually that you feel like such a big asshole that I never told anyone ! Could have saved some people a couple of bucks .....
Heavy, when we catch that mf, can we send him to you? Sure you wouldn't mind. ;)
(O O {]{]{]||[}[}[} O O)

The Russ

Post by The Russ » Tue 19 Nov 2013, 08:14

Can the public acess the the rica or even use the rica to track these numbers. Surely there has to be a way. Placed a add for a bumper for my dodge. Guy phones and tells me I got my year model wrong, but he has what i'm looking for. Same story. Has truck coming from limpopo that same day. So I ask for a pic first. Gives me some excuse of not being at the shop. Contacted him on monday and he promised me photos in an hour. To this day I received nothing. Thanks to previous scam warnings and advice I found on the forum I walked away unrobbed. But to my point. I hate seeing or hearing of ppl who lost hard earned bucks to scum like these. There has to be away to track these scum.
:?:
When life gives u lemons turn it into a lemon worth driving.
When doing right is wrong, then go left.
When u stand alone, it means that silent fart realy smells...

The Russ

Post by The Russ » Tue 19 Nov 2013, 08:19

One morething. Can u gents who got scamed please pm me the numbers these ppl used. Have a family member who is good at finding ppl and info. :twisted: just maybe. We can grill some duce bag on a spit.
When life gives u lemons turn it into a lemon worth driving.
When doing right is wrong, then go left.
When u stand alone, it means that silent fart realy smells...

JayceLane

Post by JayceLane » Tue 19 Nov 2013, 08:33

Heavy D2 wrote:The problem was actually that you feel like such a big asshole that I never told anyone ! Could have saved some people a couple of bucks .....
Hey HD2 dont get heavy on yourself. You did not rob anyone. I know what you most probably felt like. I felt like a bit of a fool about because I got duped, so only my family know and members on this forum. Colleagues at the office... well they don't need to know.
ROBBINATOR wrote:Wow....sorry to hear about all this guys :(

On a similar note.....how would you guys suggest doing deals like this??
Lets say the ad is legit but it is between 2 cities......the seller will not release his item and the buyer will not release his hard earned money (even if it is only a deposit).......how does one meet in between to make the transaction materialize??
Remember......both buyer and seller are legit but neither wants to budge first (in lieu of all the rife scamming)....you have no-one nearby to view or authenticate anything......lets say it is not a trustworthy member from this board.......all you know 'somehow' is that the item does exist......however you are/were able to ascertain that and you are interested in it.

Thanks guys....

Cheers.....Robbie.
Hi Robbie.

I share your dilemma. All I know is that I wont do a cashsend again. Once you give over the pin to the guy you are toast as you cant reverse it :(

With an EFT you still have the chance of getting the that transaction reversed. In terms of your question, it is tough, at some point you have to trust someone. I also suspect it depends on the amount of cash you are going to fork out. I don't think I would have done a cash send on a R40000 car for example, I knew there was a risk and I was comfortable at a R2k risk.

One other thing that I often check our for when guys send me photos of particularly american cars, is that I look at the background imagery. Often its taken from the net and you can see wooden houses, or american cars in the background which do not make sense here.
No school like old school
www.jayces-classics-spares.com

johan wepener

Post by johan wepener » Tue 19 Nov 2013, 18:22

This kind of scamming people robbing other innocent people makes me seriously angry.

I feel sorry for all of you that have lost hardearned money.

I just cannot grasp how one human being can be able to blatantly steal from another. :(

The problem is----in my work I see this regularly. Only the modus operandi varies.And

of course the amounts involved. Members of this forum will be schocked to know

what amounts one person can take from another person. :(

Mopar wanted to know from Heavy if we can bring the scammer to him after the scammer has been

arrested. Heavy did not answer. I also want to know---can we bring the scammer to you,Heavy?

Johan
JOHAN WEPENER

IF YOU WISH TO DRAW AN INFERENCE IT HAS TO BE CONSISTENT WITH ALL THE PROVEN FACTS.IF NOT, THE INFERENCE CANNOT BE DRAWN

RASSIE

Post by RASSIE » Tue 19 Nov 2013, 18:58

This is how I do it!! :D
TAKE NOTE!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am in Amanzimtoti and bought a GT bonnet from Cape Town.
I was not going the way I could lose money so pay to Brandon @ State Side Auto and add an extra amount to the seller for delivery. No problem as all was delivered as planned.
I did it all over S.A. as big companies do not mind to help.
Rassie.
http://www.rassiesauto.co.za/
“Cowboys do not ride donkeys”
“I will die driving a V8”

Social Media