Forum rules
When posting topics on the forum please make sure:
  • ● The posts are not political
  • ● The posts are not about religion
  • ● Please keep posts civil and don't be nasty to other members
Firenza GT

Re: Monaro's and SS's

Post by Firenza GT » Tue 11 Sep 2007, 12:15

Quite right Henry, was two Perana's they crashed that night. from what I understand BG was equally the opposite of overjoyed when his cars did not win. The famous one there was when Ooom Koos did beat Basil Van Rooyen driving A2 ex-Olthoff Capri Perana. BvR protested the BG capri with minutes to go of protest time allowed which I think was 30 minutes after the race. It went about the rear flares which had to be a certain percentage covering the slicks. Turns out that the BvR car was also out of rules in some way but it became too late to conter protest. That incensed BG.

I see there are two spare Anglia motor's by Oom Koos last I was there. He says the car is actually too good to modify. So not sure if they are going ahead or have begun. he did also mention that he has always built his own cars and fact is he is not so young anymore to do it all again. anyhow it will be great to see him drive again. We're lucky to have such a legend still around down this way.

ZA Perana

Re: Monaro's and SS's

Post by ZA Perana » Fri 14 Sep 2007, 19:56

Amazing stories and great picture too, will try next week to scan in some pictures I have....though will chance my luck with copyright....

Thats the first time I have ever seen a picture of a Monaro racing in South Africa...have always read that they raced but hadnt until know seen a picture....
Alfa GTV 3.0
Ford Capri Perana V8
Chevy Lumina Supercharged

Wait not for tomorrow to do what can be done today, live each day for one knows not what the next day may hold.

Social Media