When posting topics on the forum please make sure:
  • ● The posts are not political
  • ● The posts are not about religion
  • ● Please keep posts civil and don't be nasty to other members
ters

Your opinion please

Post by ters » Mon 20 Feb 2012, 23:47

Hi all,

I would like to get an overall opinion about the Valiants, not Baracuda's, they are above my income!(overworked and under paid....!!!)

It seems as if only low price range (R20,000 to R60,000) vehicles are selling well. That bring me to my initial question.
You can buy Valiants from R12,000 upwards, little work to be done. I love the lines of the "V" series and even Regals.
What do you guys think about them as collectable vehicles? The resale value on a clean one? I have to ask about re -sale, my vehicles saved my life after the company I worked for 15 years, was closed down 3 years ago. I had to sell 4 of them just to keep the household running!!

I have 2 classics again, but would like to have 20! I do not intend buying and selling, but enjoy the vehicles. I feel like the mayor of Pretoria when I drive around in my '58, everybody waving. I am sure everyone of you knows the feeling.
It gives great pleasure, giving pleasure to other road users!!

Your opinion would be very insightfull. If all of this seems like a lot of babble, I am working nightshift!!! :roll: :roll:
When it comes to the wife its easier to beg for forgiveness than ask for permission!
AMC Forum now accessible on Tapatalk! http://www.tsclassicclinic.co.za/

zahistorics

Re: Your opinion please

Post by zahistorics » Wed 22 Feb 2012, 20:50

Go for it. Buy the shapes that were on sale in the States as Dusters. Lots of nice car for the money. V8 transplant is easy I believe.

ters

Post by ters » Wed 22 Feb 2012, 23:11

zahistorics wrote:Go for it. Buy the shapes that were on sale in the States as Dusters. Lots of nice car for the money. V8 transplant is easy I believe.

Thank you, I am interested in one that allready had surgery! It is a 1970 Regal VIP with a 383ci Chrysler out of a
Dodge Monaco. Price a bit steep, but the owner is willing to neg. No major cosmetics needed, just needs a good clean and tidy up.

I appreciate your input. :D :D
When it comes to the wife its easier to beg for forgiveness than ask for permission!
AMC Forum now accessible on Tapatalk! http://www.tsclassicclinic.co.za/

zahistorics

Post by zahistorics » Thu 23 Feb 2012, 01:44

VIP is my favorite shape.

Social Media