Rassie.
http://www.rassiesauto.co.za/
“Cowboys do not ride donkeys”
“I will die driving a V8”

FairmontGT
Site Admin

Re: Fairmont GT

Post by FairmontGT » Wed 12 Sep 2012, 08:48

Thats my car - the reserve is met so it should sell. After not getting even 1 offer locally close to what I paid for the car I decided to advertise it in AUS and got a decent price within 1 day.....
Yes we did build muscle cars in RSA!!!!
http://www.africanmusclecars.com

Dougie

Post by Dougie » Wed 12 Sep 2012, 09:47

All the best with your sale. The shipping agent that the buyer used to ship my XW to AUS did a fantastic job. If your buyer needs a recommendation for a SA agent give me a call

Dougie

j1autotech

Post by j1autotech » Sat 15 Sep 2012, 16:31

Will be very interesting to see what it goes for.
Not often do you see an XW FMT GT come up for sale.

J1

ZA Perana

Post by ZA Perana » Sun 16 Sep 2012, 16:12

FairmontGT wrote:Thats my car - the reserve is met so it should sell. After not getting even 1 offer locally close to what I paid for the car I decided to advertise it in AUS and got a decent price within 1 day.....
A sad reflection of the local market it seems.
Alfa GTV 3.0
Ford Capri Perana V8
Chevy Lumina Supercharged

Wait not for tomorrow to do what can be done today, live each day for one knows not what the next day may hold.

zahistorics

Post by zahistorics » Sun 16 Sep 2012, 19:03

ZA Perana wrote:
FairmontGT wrote:Thats my car - the reserve is met so it should sell. After not getting even 1 offer locally close to what I paid for the car I decided to advertise it in AUS and got a decent price within 1 day.....
Local market demand (an so prices) are a whole lot better than 5 years ago, but still not for these.

ZA Perana

Post by ZA Perana » Sun 16 Sep 2012, 19:41

zahistorics wrote:
ZA Perana wrote:
Local market demand (an so prices) are a whole lot better than 5 years ago, but still not for these.
I strongly disagree with this, the muscle car market in SA is going nowhere, I follow autotrader, gumtree and the same cars are listed week in and week out. I went to a dealer yesterday, 1958 Corvette, non original motor, R950k, Tiaans excellent Camaro, not moving at R260k.

What we are seeing now in my opinion is the market correcting itself on the back of huge prices in 2009-2010 then the huge slow down in 2011 and 2012. The reality is people bought as investments and many are now finding their investment is not as "liquid" as they thought it would be.
Alfa GTV 3.0
Ford Capri Perana V8
Chevy Lumina Supercharged

Wait not for tomorrow to do what can be done today, live each day for one knows not what the next day may hold.

RASSIE

Post by RASSIE » Mon 17 Sep 2012, 06:25

100% correct. Cash is not flowing as it use to.
Rassie.
http://www.rassiesauto.co.za/
“Cowboys do not ride donkeys”
“I will die driving a V8”

Dougie

Post by Dougie » Mon 17 Sep 2012, 11:28

The Fairmont GT will never again just follow the South African market. In AUS the Falcon GT has always been seen as THE muscle car and until a few years ago most Australians were under the impression that the only place in the world that you could get one is Australia.

Then suddenly the Fairmont GT was discovered in huge numbers and they found out that it was identical to their idle. Fairmont GT prices rocketed and Falcon GT prices started dropping. The more the Australians discover that they are identical the more the prices will start merging, therefore the Fairmont will always have a market in AUS but never again in South Africa for what they sold for a few years ago.

Prices for the GT are therefore unique to the GT and have nothing to do with the local market.

My few cents worth.

Social Media