69 Chevelle

Put links to cars and parts for sale on gumtree, junkmail etc. here
Insomnia

69 Chevelle

Post by Insomnia » Mon 04 Jun 2012, 13:54

I'm sure this car was featured in a Magazine a year or so ago.

http://capetown-westerncape.gumtree.co. ... Z384836732

Burnthosetyres

Re: 69 Chevelle

Post by Burnthosetyres » Mon 04 Jun 2012, 18:48

If only it was a 2 door I'd be there like a bear! Coup almost finished.... then what? Can't find the Charger / Challenger I am after....
'A Camaro is a little animal that eats Mustangs!'

Bearhawke

Post by Bearhawke » Tue 05 Jun 2012, 16:02

Burnthosetyres wrote:If only it was a 2 door I'd be there like a bear! Coup almost finished.... then what? Can't find the Charger / Challenger I am after....
No two door Chevelles were ever offered in RHD from GM.
Bearhawke in Az, USA

1998 Plymouth Grand Voyager minivan.

Burnthosetyres

Post by Burnthosetyres » Tue 05 Jun 2012, 18:55

I did not know that, but was not referring to the Chevelle specifically. 69 tick Chev tick but must be Sporty / Coup... Nova / SS tick... But my heart aches for Hemi Cuda / Charger R/ T or Challenger. Been turning over some rocks. Found 2... one to far gone for price, other one just madly expensive. Everything was there car straight but full project car for the price of a redone Fastback....Everyone tells me bring one in from Arizona but do not want to have to convert to RHD...
'A Camaro is a little animal that eats Mustangs!'

Bearhawke

Post by Bearhawke » Wed 06 Jun 2012, 05:51

Burnthosetyres wrote:I did not know that, but was not referring to the Chevelle specifically. 69 tick Chev tick but must be Sporty / Coup... Nova / SS tick... But my heart aches for Hemi Cuda / Charger R/ T or Challenger. Been turning over some rocks. Found 2... one to far gone for price, other one just madly expensive. Everything was there car straight but full project car for the price of a redone Fastback....Everyone tells me bring one in from Arizona but do not want to have to convert to RHD...
In your case: I'd get a 2 door 1972 down Chevelle of your choice; import it to RSA and using a local Chevelle/Beaumont as a donor, convert the LHD import to RHD and drop in your motor/tranny, etc. of choice and enjoy. :) At least your 2 door would look (and drive) like a factory right hooker when it's all said and done.

Getting and converting a 1970 up Challenger/Barracuda or even a Satellite/Charger would be a PITA since there were no right hookers of those platforms ever made although you may be able to use RSA 1962-64 DeSoto Diplomat/Dodge Polara parts. Now; you can get an RSA Chrysler Valiant Charger or even a 1967-69 Barracuda and drop in a 383.
Bearhawke in Az, USA

1998 Plymouth Grand Voyager minivan.

Social Media