What engine is this?

Post any technical questions, FAQs or tutorials in this section
Johann65

Re: What engine is this?

Post by Johann65 » Tue 11 Apr 2017, 00:37

IndianaJones wrote:Undoubtedly they must have been available in forklifts, generators too for that matter, but I've never seen one. Still maintain a marine version is more likely.
I know of a number of forklifts which were previously available in SA, fitted with Continental or Chrysler Industrial flathead engines, though.
But by 1983, I would guess that most forklifts on the market, would be of Japanese origin, as opposed to American origin, and most operators probably had switched to diesel forklifts, unless they specifically wanted to use LPG.
I recall an LPG conversion on a forklift at EMSA and I am almost sure that was a GM engine!
Lot of visitors at the President Mall Vanderbijlpark! More than 400 cars!
Had an interesting discussion with a visitor that owned a 1966 2.1 Rekord like mine! We had four engine blocks! that we agreed on!
Is the a 5th engine block?
1. One with the starter on the left (McKinnon) 1900, 2.1 and 2,5 Red engine. Canada!
2. One with the starter on the right (Dimbaza Foundry) Grey engine HO 2.3 and 2.5 South Africa
3. Starter on the right (Iron duke) (Michigan?) 130 ci, 153 ci United States
4. Starter on the left (Mexico) 153 ci??? more?
Member No: 209
Ah! Yes I remember it well! (Only GM's!)
1966 Opel Rekord L CLASSIC SEDAN Current Project

bmwmaniac

Re: What engine is this?

Post by bmwmaniac » Tue 11 Apr 2017, 06:25

reason I ask is because I recently helped out getting a LPG forklift running again and I am pretty sure it had a motor like that fitted, looked very "factory"
"If you park your car, walk away and don't look back, you're driving the wrong car"

Social Media