VIN history

Post any technical questions, FAQs or tutorials in this section
Post Reply
User avatar
thegoodcount
Posts: 36
Joined: Sun 14 Sep 2014, 15:35
Location: Cape Town
Contact:

VIN history

Post by thegoodcount » Sat 11 Feb 2017, 11:57

I am trying to find the history of a 1972 Ford Granada / Consul Coupe I have. The plate says Ford South Africa ... Is the a local database that anybody knows of ?
1973 Ford Granada Couple 3.0 V6
2012 Ford Ranger 3.2 tdci Supercab


----------------------------------------------

THE FORD IS MY SHEPARD

User avatar
IndianaJones
Posts: 4861
Joined: Sun 23 Aug 2009, 17:39
Location: Citrusdal, RSA

Re: VIN history

Post by IndianaJones » Sat 11 Feb 2017, 12:49

Do you want to have the data plate decoded, or are you looking for the ownership history?

User avatar
thegoodcount
Posts: 36
Joined: Sun 14 Sep 2014, 15:35
Location: Cape Town
Contact:

Re: VIN history

Post by thegoodcount » Sat 11 Feb 2017, 14:34

IndianaJones wrote:Do you want to have the data plate decoded, or are you looking for the ownership history?
I'm trying to find out if it was sold originally from the factory floor as a Consul 3000 GT Coupe or a Granada Coupe
1973 Ford Granada Couple 3.0 V6
2012 Ford Ranger 3.2 tdci Supercab


----------------------------------------------

THE FORD IS MY SHEPARD

User avatar
IndianaJones
Posts: 4861
Joined: Sun 23 Aug 2009, 17:39
Location: Citrusdal, RSA

Re: VIN history

Post by IndianaJones » Sat 11 Feb 2017, 18:36

Then I would suggest you contact Ford Motor Company of SA, customer care department, to check their factory records.
It takes a good while for them to respond, but they do.
They are able to tell you the exact model, whether it was imported or built locally, the original dealer who ordered the car, and retail date.

User avatar
thegoodcount
Posts: 36
Joined: Sun 14 Sep 2014, 15:35
Location: Cape Town
Contact:

Re: VIN history

Post by thegoodcount » Sun 12 Feb 2017, 23:06

IndianaJones wrote:Then I would suggest you contact Ford Motor Company of SA, customer care department, to check their factory records.
It takes a good while for them to respond, but they do.
They are able to tell you the exact model, whether it was imported or built locally, the original dealer who ordered the car, and retail date.
Thanks! Will try and contact them tomorrow.
1973 Ford Granada Couple 3.0 V6
2012 Ford Ranger 3.2 tdci Supercab


----------------------------------------------

THE FORD IS MY SHEPARD

User avatar
thegoodcount
Posts: 36
Joined: Sun 14 Sep 2014, 15:35
Location: Cape Town
Contact:

Re: VIN history

Post by thegoodcount » Mon 13 Feb 2017, 08:51

just got off the line with Ford South Africa and they are unable to help me.

dude said the car was too old??

does ANYBODY know how I could find out the actual history of this car?
1973 Ford Granada Couple 3.0 V6
2012 Ford Ranger 3.2 tdci Supercab


----------------------------------------------

THE FORD IS MY SHEPARD

User avatar
FPT
Posts: 1365
Joined: Wed 21 May 2008, 09:30
Location: Bloemfontein South Africa

Re: VIN history

Post by FPT » Mon 13 Feb 2017, 18:31

thegoodcount wrote:just got off the line with Ford South Africa and they are unable to help me.

dude said the car was too old??

does ANYBODY know how I could find out the actual history of this car?
Could have told you that beforehand, Ford South Africa are useless into supporting us owners of older models. Embarrasing to the brand, and us as owners.

Hell they cannot even support the poor Kuga owners propperly....

You are going tostruggle getting info. Just enjoy your car and get on with life...
Greetings
André

There is no Replacement for Displacement!!!

User avatar
IndianaJones
Posts: 4861
Joined: Sun 23 Aug 2009, 17:39
Location: Citrusdal, RSA

Re: VIN history

Post by IndianaJones » Mon 13 Feb 2017, 19:01

PM sent

Post Reply

Social Media

     

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 17 guests