What is the data dot story?

Post any technical questions, FAQs or tutorials in this section
flouwford

Re: What is the data dot story?

Post by flouwford » Mon 04 Nov 2013, 08:26

you cant put a vehicle through police clearance without it these days.
get it sprayed on as close to police station as you can. get clearance done, and grab the rag with spirits or turps.
the glue they use has a white residue. and looks really sh!t in your newly coated engine bay and chrome work.
they spray it in your door hinges, freaking everywhere.

werner

Post by werner » Mon 04 Nov 2013, 18:29

Just another moneymaking story. My uninsured bakkie was stolen in January and I myself found it three months ago. I found it with a CA registration number that they could not pick up on their system, although it had a new license disk. With the engine number where a 3 is just changed to an 8, they found an adress, but no name of owner. It was datadotted after it had a police clearance and given a licence. The bakkie was given back to his "new owner". I had to fight the police to get the bakkie back. They then told me the chap's other bakkie's details were checked and it was also stolen. He still drives around with it. After I got my bakkie back, it was datadotted again. They said the new one will be legal, not the older one. My question is, what does it help if nothing happens.
This is not to put anybody in bad light, just my personal experience.

Johann65

Post by Johann65 » Mon 04 Nov 2013, 18:41

werner wrote:Just another moneymaking story. My uninsured bakkie was stolen in January and I myself found it three months ago. I found it with a CA registration number that they could not pick up on their system, although it had a new license disk. With the engine number where a 3 is just changed to an 8, they found an adress, but no name of owner. It was datadotted after it had a police clearance and given a licence. The bakkie was given back to his "new owner". I had to fight the police to get the bakkie back. They then told me the chap's other bakkie's details were checked and it was also stolen. He still drives around with it. After I got my bakkie back, it was datadotted again. They said the new one will be legal, not the older one. My question is, what does it help if nothing happens.
This is not to put anybody in bad light, just my personal experience.
This clearly a case of good system that is failing due to incompetence of officials that do not know how to apply anything correctly. 8O 8O
I thought the data dot was to be sprayed into unobtrusive areas that will facilitate tracking!! Only the "sticker" on the windscreen?? :roll: :roll:
Member No: 209
Ah! Yes I remember it well! (Only GM's!)
1966 Opel Rekord L CLASSIC SEDAN Current Project

Social Media