Intro - Craig - DiamondBack Racing

A place where new members can introduce themselves and the forum members can get to know them.
Forum rules
Please the introduction first.

When posting topics on the forum please make sure:
  • ● The posts are not political
  • ● The posts are not about religion
  • ● Please keep posts civil and don't be nasty to other members
Include your real location in your user profie please.
Buckaroo

Intro - Craig - DiamondBack Racing

Post by Buckaroo » Thu 30 Sep 2010, 17:56

Hi,
My name is Craig and I am situated in Durban. I am a partner in DiamondBack Racing and we are a registered motor manufacturer - what we do is import RHD 67 Mustang bodies made by Dynacorn.com (they build new bodies under licence from Ford and are built at the factory as RHD - probably the only original rhd Mustangs ever built) and we put the latest drive trains - 2010 Mustang v8 and box - will switch to the Coyote as soon as our first one gets here - on the water - fit Heidts double wishbone front end and rack and pinion steering - an independant rear end developed for us by Tony Martins company - BackDraft Racing - latest brakes etc and out the door - a brand new 67 Mustang with zero on the clock - we are in the process of homologation which will result in our own Vin series and Natis etc. So the whole legal/ rhd vs lhd import thing - been there done that 10 times over.Photos of our development car with its modular v8 and the rear suspension can be seen at http://www.dynacornbodies.com click on Mustang and then photos of customers cars - it is an Eleanor we thus have no hassles with 40 year old bodies brakes steering etc - we will move on to 69 Camaro once Mustang established - as a second project we have a 1980 c3 corvette in the process of a frame off rebuild conversion to RHD nearly finished - with a view to also offer rebuilt rhd c3 corvettes for sale. Whew thats enough for a first post. Cheers and hi from a new member. Craig.
www:amcarimports.co.za : New 67/68/69/70 RHD Mustang Fastbacks, Restomod: RHD 65-70 Mustangs, RHD Chevelle coupes, RHD 68 Camaros.
Amcar Imports : RHD 2012/13/14 Mustangs and Shelbys, F150 Raptor
Dynacorn Bodies.

mahleu

Re: Intro - Craig - DiamondBack Racing

Post by mahleu » Thu 30 Sep 2010, 18:48

Hi Craig

Where in Durbs are you based? The Mustangs sound interesting but I think you'll get more support for LHD>RHD conversions and body panels than the cars you're building on this site...
That's how I roll. Down the hill 'cause the car won't start and the brakes don't work.

zahistorics

Post by zahistorics » Thu 30 Sep 2010, 20:43

Hi Craig,

Welcome. That is a brilliant intro.

Please post some pics up on here. I am sure there are many guys here who would love to see your work.

craigd

Post by craigd » Thu 30 Sep 2010, 21:56

Welcome to the forum Craig (good name :D )..

Love it!

please post some pics....
craigd

1965 Pontiac Parisienne

FairmontGT
Site Admin

Post by FairmontGT » Thu 30 Sep 2010, 22:01

I would love to see some pics, I think its a nice idea, better than butchering good classic cars to make them modern or change them to eleanors.
Yes we did build muscle cars in RSA!!!!
http://www.africanmusclecars.com

Manson79

Post by Manson79 » Fri 01 Oct 2010, 08:07

Id love a 67 Fastback body ( not that ealanor shit ) but im the type of guy that doesnt give a damn about reg, so ill drive it as a leftie with a disc and plates off one of my other mustangs :mrgreen: i dont want a new motor in it id prefer a 390 motor.... But hey if you guys bring in the bodies id take one as is and do my own thing with origonal parts..... i gues if it is a right hooker id leave it like that and just reg the thing, but if it was an origonal body and a left hooker, she'd stay a leftie....
CATCH ME IF YOU CAN :twisted:
80 Hatchback Ghia
80 Hatchback 302w
82 Hatchback Ghia T-Top

Buckaroo

Post by Buckaroo » Fri 01 Oct 2010, 12:16

Thanks Guys - our factory is in Glen Anil - 24 - 26 Columbine Rd - visits are welcome. Obviously the complete cars are aimed at a very limited market - my intro was aimed at background not to try and sell cars. Where it gets interesting is that we have developed all sorts of components not only to convert Mustangs to RHD ( such as rhd dashboard aircon etc) but we have developed our own things like door panels -inner panels far superior to the aftermarket stuff available in the USA - which we bought and improved on. Plus - Dynacorn make not only original replacement panels - throw out that rusted fender and replace it with a brand new one but they also sell the inner bulkheads/ firewall to make a RHD car - you buy the panels dash etc from us - cut out the old bulkhead/ firewall and convert your left hooker to rhd.
Interestingly enough we are doing conversions as well - low key as it is not our main line - our own 2010 Mustang to rhd ( I know Johan also does it in Toti) but the most interesting - a 1970 Plymouth Cuda ( not Barracuda) 440 we are restoring and converting to RHD (it is reversable if need be).
What the point to above is - guys - you need help to convert/repair/restore you car - advice is available - even better if you buy from us but not essential - advice re what is legal etc - been there done it - better still - we have containers coming out every month or so - we would love to sell you Mustang/Camaro stuff, Dynacorn parts, spares engines - windscreens etc we've researched it all -know whats available- and focus on classic muscle cars.
Will try Pics in a few days - of Eleanor ( car 2 - still a shell -will be just plain jane Shelby GT350 replica - colour not decided but white with blue stripes is in the lead at the moment) and of body of Vette - newly painted in metallic electric blue.
Oh yes - 2 67 rhd bodies on the water and due in a few weeks ( one pre-sold as a no expense spared Eleanor with 540 bhp - real yankie bhp not the inflated claims -Ford 427 small block - yes -sb - crate motor already ordered at $15k plus!) - this one I will post build pics on the forum as it goes along.
Hey Craig ( good name) - haven't you been to our factory?
Finally how does a converted rhd 2010 Dodge Challeger SRT8 sound? - queue starts on the right.....
www:amcarimports.co.za : New 67/68/69/70 RHD Mustang Fastbacks, Restomod: RHD 65-70 Mustangs, RHD Chevelle coupes, RHD 68 Camaros.
Amcar Imports : RHD 2012/13/14 Mustangs and Shelbys, F150 Raptor
Dynacorn Bodies.

Manson79

Post by Manson79 » Fri 01 Oct 2010, 12:24

Like i said id be keen on a 67 fastback shell.... prices???? fibre glass bodies are available but dont want that shit...
80 Hatchback Ghia
80 Hatchback 302w
82 Hatchback Ghia T-Top

lumi-fan

Post by lumi-fan » Fri 01 Oct 2010, 12:52

Buckaroo wrote:Thanks Guys - our factory is in Glen Anil - 24 - 26 Columbine Rd - visits are welcome. Obviously the complete cars are aimed at a very limited market - my intro was aimed at background not to try and sell cars. Where it gets interesting is that we have developed all sorts of components not only to convert Mustangs to RHD ( such as rhd dashboard aircon etc) but we have developed our own things like door panels -inner panels far superior to the aftermarket stuff available in the USA - which we bought and improved on. Plus - Dynacorn make not only original replacement panels - throw out that rusted fender and replace it with a brand new one but they also sell the inner bulkheads/ firewall to make a RHD car - you buy the panels dash etc from us - cut out the old bulkhead/ firewall and convert your left hooker to rhd.
Interestingly enough we are doing conversions as well - low key as it is not our main line - our own 2010 Mustang to rhd ( I know Johan also does it in Toti) but the most interesting - a 1970 Plymouth Cuda ( not Barracuda) 440 we are restoring and converting to RHD (it is reversable if need be).
What the point to above is - guys - you need help to convert/repair/restore you car - advice is available - even better if you buy from us but not essential - advice re what is legal etc - been there done it - better still - we have containers coming out every month or so - we would love to sell you Mustang/Camaro stuff, Dynacorn parts, spares engines - windscreens etc we've researched it all -know whats available- and focus on classic muscle cars.
Will try Pics in a few days - of Eleanor ( car 2 - still a shell -will be just plain jane Shelby GT350 replica - colour not decided but white with blue stripes is in the lead at the moment) and of body of Vette - newly painted in metallic electric blue.
Oh yes - 2 67 rhd bodies on the water and due in a few weeks ( one pre-sold as a no expense spared Eleanor with 540 bhp - real yankie bhp not the inflated claims -Ford 427 small block - yes -sb - crate motor already ordered at $15k plus!) - this one I will post build pics on the forum as it goes along.
Hey Craig ( good name) - haven't you been to our factory?
Finally how does a converted rhd 2010 Dodge Challeger SRT8 sound? - queue starts on the right.....
To me it sounds fantastic. My bank manager will disagree though. :lol:

zahistorics

Post by zahistorics » Fri 01 Oct 2010, 15:04

Hi agian Craig,

When I am in ZA again I will definately be coming to see your factory.

I wish that all poeple with businesses that come onto the forum used your frioendly, interesting and informative approach (instead of their hard sell). Makes me want to come see what is on offer. Thanks.

Social Media