Hello -need help finding a car

A place where new members can introduce themselves and the forum members can get to know them.
Forum rules
Please the introduction first.

When posting topics on the forum please make sure:
  • ● The posts are not political
  • ● The posts are not about religion
  • ● Please keep posts civil and don't be nasty to other members
Include your real location in your user profie please.
Kala

Re: Hello -need help finding a car

Post by Kala » Thu 15 Jul 2010, 17:05

Thanks for the warm welcome , would like to own something different, with a story behind it - I think a muscle car from Sa would do that

Graeme

Post by Graeme » Thu 15 Jul 2010, 21:31

Clint wrote:And what would that price be in AU$ Graeme :?: :D
I'll tell you what,since there was a mentally disturbed guy selling a professionally restored yellow one with matching numbers and the whole toot for $20000 ,you can have it for $15000 Aus D's.
Friends don't let friends drive JUNK.

Rhayader

Post by Rhayader » Fri 16 Jul 2010, 10:03

tld wrote:Maybe the Aussies could be kind enough to share the daft prices that our cars are fetching that side of the world and thus help us come more in line with the prices we can start charging this side :lol:
Sorry mate, the prices YOUR cars are fetching LANDED are half what the equivalent Aussie delivered car is fetching... and you have to factor in the $5000 to $10,000 it costs to get them here first... then you have to get it registered, assuming it doens't go pear-shaped and the car doesn't need heaps of work...

For example, a nice Aussie delivered HG Monaro 308 might sell for, say $50,000. The same specs and condition car, but RSA delivered Chev SS 308, might get $25,000 here. So if you are an Aussie paying anything more than $15,000 for a good SS in RSA, you might struggle to get your money back 9if that concerns you). And you can probably buy a decent one, already imported and on-the-road locally for less...

RSA HT Monaros get a bit more than the SS, but generally speaking, so do Aussie HT Monaros over HGs.... situation is similar with the GTs I think...

So I think the daft prices are being fetched by OUR cars, not yours. Yours are about right IMO, and thus more affordable... but it's those daft prices that have increased your cars from being worth less than a carton of beer and a packet of smokes to a genuine investment and something worth restoring :)

Cheers

Paul D.

zahistorics

Post by zahistorics » Fri 16 Jul 2010, 11:38

A well made point Paul.

We should compare like with like. A Fairmont is not a Falcon. A Chev SS is not a Monaro. To some Austrailians a ZA assembled car is not as good as an Oz built one.

Social Media