Forum rules
When posting topics on the forum please make sure:
  • ● The posts are not political
  • ● The posts are not about religion
  • ● Please keep posts civil and don't be nasty to other members
Firenza GT

Re: BREAKING NEWS - CAPE TOWN HARBOUR CONTAINER TERMINAL

Post by Firenza GT » Mon 10 Sep 2007, 20:37

Motorcyle Mecca in Parow I remember well. I am trying to salvage a Yoshimura pipe i bought there for my GS1000S. I still have the damn thing but the one header bend has rusted as well as thin by the collector. This is the problem, keep scrap but until I can fix it or have a similar thing bent up as that was the pipe to have on a 1980 Suzuki those days. This goes very much for my mindset with the cars. Era stuff rather than modern if changed a bit.

That you mentioned about the bikes was part of that era as I can show you pics of our V8's parked parked at the trackside where we'd braai and all that. If I think back now some amazing cars we had amongsy us, Fairmont's, El Camino's, V6 Cortina bakkies and so on. Sems like I'm the only one still left with the old "scrap".

Amazing thing is that we earned nothing those days and most of us had V8's. The deal with anyone wanting to ride with me in my Can Am was that the oke that goes in the boot buys the beers. My friend friend with the Fairmont, he scored big time as that boot could take two without looking suspicious at the gate. However never forget this, friend rocks up there with his girlfriends 2 door 1100 128 Fiat with the same trick oke in the boot buys the beer. See with the V9's they always used to admire the cars so if it looked a bit "loaded" at the back they did'nt really note till we drove past. Anyway besides his suspicious guilty look in the Fiat the thing sukkled as a Fiat with a load would to pull away as the front sort of lifts and wheels go into heavy friont drive positive camber. Ha-ha, they got bust at the gate and those days there were no cell phones so they left in shame ! So that was how laaities could afford V8's and still braai at the races those days. Fond memories !

FairmontGT
Site Admin

Post by FairmontGT » Mon 10 Sep 2007, 21:38

I dont mind if you guys talk about bikes, I just wont join in. I have no love for bikes at all!
Yes we did build muscle cars in RSA!!!!
http://www.africanmusclecars.com

Firenza GT

Post by Firenza GT » Mon 10 Sep 2007, 21:41

Ha Tiaan, could'nt you catch an 1970-80's 750 bike and run away from it with the Fairmont ?

FairmontGT
Site Admin

Post by FairmontGT » Mon 10 Sep 2007, 21:43

To tell you the truth I dont know!
Yes we did build muscle cars in RSA!!!!
http://www.africanmusclecars.com

Firenza GT

Post by Firenza GT » Mon 10 Sep 2007, 21:46

Only joking, Fairmont's towed caravans at speed those days !

Gavin RS

Post by Gavin RS » Tue 11 Sep 2007, 09:05

Firenza GT wrote: Only joking, Fairmont's towed caravans at speed those days !

Yes, I saw a Fairmont GT once racing a HONDA 750, the driver forgot that his caravan was still behind his GT
1984 Rover Vanden Plas V8 (Historic Race car)
1986 Rover 3500 Vitesse (UK Import Ex London Police Car)
1983 Rover Vanden Plas undergoing conversion to race car.
2009 Ford Territory ST,
2006 Ford Fiesta 1.6 Auto, daily driver

Social Media