Post by Johann65 » Mon 15 Sep 2008, 22:42

Here are some photos of the Dash assembly for the South African Chevelle/Malibu
Attachments
Fibre Dash.jpg
Fibre dash 1.jpg
Fibre dash 2.jpg
Fibre dash 3.jpg
Member No: 209
Ah! Yes I remember it well! (Only GM's!)
1966 Opel Rekord L CLASSIC SEDAN Current Project

Johann65

Re: 1965 Chevrolet Malibu Chevelle

Post by Johann65 » Thu 16 Oct 2008, 20:36

I found a second RHD 1965 Malibu (unrestored) waiting for a picture! :lol:
Mauritius.jpg

Gunter

Post by Gunter » Thu 16 Oct 2008, 21:27

I always feel sorry for the Mauritius guys...they pay 100% import duty on cars,one of the few places where cars cost more than in SA
RACECAR spelt backwards spells RACECAR.....

damagecontrol

Post by damagecontrol » Thu 23 Feb 2012, 22:35

Wow, Oom Johan, now I see where the Malibu comes from.

That's the dream car right there.

After so many years you have her!!

And she looks stunning!
You, you, and you: Panic. The rest of you, come with me.
89' Mercedes Benz 230e
....erode confidence in the enemy and cause the opposing forces to be left not knowing where the devastation is coming from....

Johann65

Post by Johann65 » Thu 23 Feb 2012, 23:24

damagecontrol wrote:Wow, Oom Johan, now I see where the Malibu comes from. That's the dream car right there. After so many years you have her!! And she looks stunning!
Yes she is very special and the children of the previous owner see the Malibu nearly everyday as I drive by, The one grandson saw me at the churchshow two weeks back and said he knew it was his granddad's car and that the Late Oom Louis would have been proud of the way it is now. The family are not upset with what I have done. They were afraid it was going to become a HOTROD!!!.

BLKWDOW

Post by BLKWDOW » Fri 24 Feb 2012, 16:24

Johann65 wrote: Yes she is very special and the children of the previous owner see the Malibu nearly everyday as I drive by, The one grandson saw me at the churchshow two weeks back and said he knew it was his granddad's car and that the Late Oom Louis would have been proud of the way it is now. The family are not upset with what I have done. They were afraid it was going to become a HOTROD!!!.
Indeed something to be proud of Oom Johann, having the car and bringing it back to life :)
Certain cars you don't karring with and this is one of them.

There are too many people that are not bothered by the history of their cars and just want to modify to be "in".

I am searching for my grandfathers 50s Holden Station wagon (although not very actively)... would love to know what happened to it. I remember it still running around here in Vanderbijlpark in the early 90's

Johann65

Post by Johann65 » Fri 24 Feb 2012, 19:02

BLKWDOW wrote:I am searching for my grandfathers 50s Holden Station wagon (although not very actively)... would love to know what happened to it. I remember it still running around here in Vanderbijlpark in the early 90's
If it hasn't gone to ISCOR then there is a chance it might be standing in Boipoteng, Sharpville ot Sebokeng. I know of a Chevelle in Sebokeng but I am not easy going in there!!

BLKWDOW

Post by BLKWDOW » Sat 25 Feb 2012, 06:04

Johann65 wrote: If it hasn't gone to ISCOR then there is a chance it might be standing in Boipoteng, Sharpville ot Sebokeng. I know of a Chevelle in Sebokeng but I am not easy going in there!!
That is the "other" reality ... sad to say. It was owned by a Portuguese guy who lived in Faraday blvd. Was too tied up in my 122S Volvo at the time, unfortunately.

There is a 56 Chevy 4 door standing in Bhopelong "NOT FOR SALE" board on and is used for a hoenderhok or storage. They built a wall around the house but you can still see the car if you pass it in a high enough car.

Social Media