WANTED: Brake Upgrade Assistance Required

All engine related suppliers, engineering, parts etc.
Jay03

WANTED: Brake Upgrade Assistance Required

Post by Jay03 » Thu 20 Sep 2012, 15:44

Hi There

I have a 1988 Opel Rekord with a 350 Chevy V8 2 bolt main. There is no Power steering and would like to either convert to power steering or alter the steering box to make it a bit lighter as it's very heavy at the momment.

The Rekord also has stock brakes and doesnt help at all. Which Brake booster would you guys recommend and which Discs & calipers would you recommend.

I was think of using the BMW e46 330i Front Discs & Calipers as they are also 5by120 PCD. And using the Brake MAster Cylinder as well. But not 100% sure if it will work.

Please email all your suggestions and thoughts to jarrodh@stallion.co.za

Cheers Jarrod

Glen

Re: WANTED: Brake Upgrade Assistance Required

Post by Glen » Tue 09 Oct 2012, 10:08

Jay03 wrote:Hi There

I have a 1988 Opel Rekord with a 350 Chevy V8 2 bolt main. There is no Power steering and would like to either convert to power steering or alter the steering box to make it a bit lighter as it's very heavy at the momment.

The Rekord also has stock brakes and doesnt help at all. Which Brake booster would you guys recommend and which Discs & calipers would you recommend.

I was think of using the BMW e46 330i Front Discs & Calipers as they are also 5by120 PCD. And using the Brake MAster Cylinder as well. But not 100% sure if it will work.

Please email all your suggestions and thoughts to jarrodh@stallion.co.za

Cheers Jarrod
good Choice Jarrod,

Johan has a thread for brake conversion you can follow the process and have idea from that thread, the BMW e46 good combination you need a master cylinder to work the caliper power required try chev commodeore 4.1 engine also for the power steering box setup, do you have a power steering pump on the S/B 350 engine

Social Media