Dodge Challenger Drag-car build.

Mopar 440

Re: Dodge Challenger Drag-car build.

Post by Mopar 440 » Wed 05 Dec 2012, 10:08

We decided to run with the 150HP jets, and the car really responded. The times improved by a second, and trust me you can feel it on the drag strip.

On the practice day the car ran 10.0414, 10.1372, 10.1056, and the next day for qualifying it ran 10.0412 and 10.0428. We decided to dial in on a flat 10.0000sec. The first round rand 10.0130, and on the second round ran 9.9989, breaking out by 0.0011 seconds, costing me the R10000.00 prize money. :cry: The only consolation was that I ran my first 9 sec drag race. :)

Motor racing is a cruel sport, because the next meeting, disaster struck. 8O
(O O {]{]{]||[}[}[} O O)

C-Body Barge

Post by C-Body Barge » Wed 05 Dec 2012, 11:31

Mopar 440 wrote: Motor racing is a cruel sport, because the next meeting, disaster struck. 8O
And so is your style of reporting cruel, very cruel :cry: :cry: Hurry up with the next installment :D
Hot rodders recycle, where's those prius' going when the greenies have a new fad.

damagecontrol

Post by damagecontrol » Wed 05 Dec 2012, 14:43

Kom, kom, kom..........we are all sitting with our popcorn and coolies.......carry on then!
You, you, and you: Panic. The rest of you, come with me.
89' Mercedes Benz 230e
....erode confidence in the enemy and cause the opposing forces to be left not knowing where the devastation is coming from....

Mopar 440

Post by Mopar 440 » Thu 06 Dec 2012, 15:28

We ran the regionals next and we could not match our times. We figured out that our Procomp distributor was taking strain due to the NOS use. So much for buying cheap. With that, I ordered a MSD pro billet distributer but it would take the normal 3 to 4 weeks to get here, so we decided to wing it and run the car at the first Nationals for the year. Here is proof, NOS can blow your shit up.

A You-tube video from the stands. (and against my brother and yeah, my reaction times sucked? because she bogged when I mashed the pedal and then she blew up) Must say, what an experience sitting in fire, but thats why we wear protective clothing.

This is what my carb booster looked like. A bit crispy... When we redid the carb we found that the throttle shaft also bent due to the explosion. Needless to say my air filter was also blown to bits (sorry no pic of that)

(O O {]{]{]||[}[}[} O O)

Mopar 440

Post by Mopar 440 » Tue 11 Dec 2012, 10:26

This was the cause of the explosion. See how the center spring melted into the cap. This cap could not handle the higher ignition loads required to run NOS.

(O O {]{]{]||[}[}[} O O)

Ridgeback

Post by Ridgeback » Tue 29 Jul 2014, 17:11

Thanks Jarrod for bringing back this thread of Simon and Marks Challenger re build.This was before I joined AMC.
I have seen this Challenger at Talton and its unbelievable and especially now when you see from what they started with.
I chatted to Simon and Mark who are very pleasant and modest guys. They mentioned how they cut and welded pieces together but this build is incredible if you think with what they started with.
Simon and Mark you both need to be very proud of this Challenger and what you guys have done.
Fooze se gat

Mopar 440

Post by Mopar 440 » Thu 31 Jul 2014, 09:45

Ridgeback wrote:Thanks Jarrod for bringing back this thread of Simon and Marks Challenger re build.This was before I joined AMC.
I have seen this Challenger at Talton and its unbelievable and especially now when you see from what they started with.
I chatted to Simon and Mark who are very pleasant and modest guys. They mentioned how they cut and welded pieces together but this build is incredible if you think with what they started with.
Simon and Mark you both need to be very proud of this Challenger and what you guys have done.
Fooze se gat
Thank You Ridgeback.

We really do have a lot of fun with this car. :D
(O O {]{]{]||[}[}[} O O)

Social Media