SA Production Car Racing Homologation Specials

Can-Am ZN

Re: SA Production Car Racing Homologation Specials

Post by Can-Am ZN » Sun 10 Apr 2016, 15:48

barrydorr wrote: Thanks Gavin,
I bought it from Alex (not on this forum, but maybe you know him) he has several SB, lot of parts and he is a member of the official superboss owners club.
The car I bought is confirmed by GM as to be an Official SB.
It is pretty original:
Original seats, 276 Shick Cams, Coscast Head, F20 Gearbox with limited slip diff, Promotec ECU, 4 into 1 branch and still working on the K&N airfilter.
Body is in good shape aswell, colour Monaco blue.
There is a problem with the gearbox apparently a problem with the 5th Synchro, but my knowledge on gearboxes is very minimal

I have yet to pickup her up but looked at the car 2 weeks ago.

As soon as I have it in my possession I will open a topic in show us you car
I met him briefly at the 25 Anniversary event last year.

He seems like a stand-up guy so doubt he'll sell you a fake.

The fifth gear shouldn't be a big problem, once you get the synchros. Its at the very passenger side end of the gearbox and is accessible from the passenger wheel well, without having to remove the gearbox.

Just check that it still has its limited slip differential, as they are really difficult to come by and that is one of the features that make the SuperBoss so special and unique, as it was fitted to claw back track advantage over the newly homologated 2.7 325iS BMWs in the 1990 Stannic Group N Championship.

They are notorious for being stolen when the car goes in for a service, or for repairs!

The gearbox is also sensitive to the type of oil used, due to the LSD..
Gavin

1974 Chev Can-Am 302
1991 BMW 325iS Evolution (SOLD)

"The sad reality about the uneducated is that they don't know that they don't know." - Me

barrydorr

Post by barrydorr » Sun 10 Apr 2016, 18:46

Once you get the synchro's...
Do you have any idea where i get get some?

I have no doubt the car Alex sold me is a genuie Supie, he has so many connections in de SB world.
The Vin is confirmed by GM.

I am looking forward to get behind the wheel and feel how fast they actually are
My Toys:
1974 Opel Manta 1900 DL
2008 Mitsubishi Outlander

1972 Toyota Corona MKII 1600 - Bakkie (SOLD)
1991 Opel Kadett GSi 2lt-16V Superboss (SOLD)

Can-Am ZN

Post by Can-Am ZN » Sun 10 Apr 2016, 21:10

barrydorr wrote:Once you get the synchro's...
Do you have any idea where i get get some?

I have no doubt the car Alex sold me is a genuie Supie, he has so many connections in de SB world.
The Vin is confirmed by GM.

I am looking forward to get behind the wheel and feel how fast they actually are
Just make sure it has all the very important goodies, including the larger air inlet snorkel and the brake cooling ducts, other than the obvious items you've mentioned.

Sorry, I can't help with the sourcing of synchros. Call Wayne at TransAxle in New Germany, KZN...he can perhaps shed more light on that.
Gavin

1974 Chev Can-Am 302
1991 BMW 325iS Evolution (SOLD)

"The sad reality about the uneducated is that they don't know that they don't know." - Me

ZA Perana

Post by ZA Perana » Thu 14 Apr 2016, 21:47

barrydorr wrote:I have just entered these class of cars by buying a Superboss....
I just learned a lot by reading this tread, I appreciate my buy evermore with knowledge gained here..

soon I will start a new topic on my "new" car
Congratulations! Very good buy in my opinion, special cars from a very special era of motor racing in SA.
Alfa GTV 3.0
Ford Capri Perana V8
Chevy Lumina Supercharged

Wait not for tomorrow to do what can be done today, live each day for one knows not what the next day may hold.

barrydorr

Post by barrydorr » Thu 14 Apr 2016, 22:32

ZA Perana wrote:
Congratulations! Very good buy in my opinion, special cars from a very special era of motor racing in SA.
Thanks, I am very excited. car is currently being assembled and hope to pick her up 1st week of May...will open a topic on the forum soon
My Toys:
1974 Opel Manta 1900 DL
2008 Mitsubishi Outlander

1972 Toyota Corona MKII 1600 - Bakkie (SOLD)
1991 Opel Kadett GSi 2lt-16V Superboss (SOLD)

Social Media