Tony Vianna BMW 745i

ZA Perana

Tony Vianna BMW 745i

Post by ZA Perana » Sat 18 Aug 2007, 14:37

Anyone have any pictures of this car from the Historic meeting at Zwartkops? Also a recently discovered race car, that still looks great in its Winfield livery. Any ideas where it was found..

For those foreign the 745 sold here was unqiue because it has the same 213kW motor as BMW's M1 supercar and many said the SA version was far superior to the Turbo version of a differant engine the rest of the world got.
Alfa GTV 3.0
Ford Capri Perana V8
Chevy Lumina Supercharged

Wait not for tomorrow to do what can be done today, live each day for one knows not what the next day may hold.

postman

Re: Tony Vianna BMW 745i

Post by postman » Mon 27 Aug 2007, 20:03

HELLO. DID YOU KNOW THAT THERE ARE 2 745s, ONE BEEN THE GROUP ONE & THE OTHER A MODIFIED. AND IS ONLY 7 SERIES TO WIN A CHAMPIONSHIP IN THE WORLD(AS FAR AS I KNOW) IS CAR BEING RESTORED AND WITH A LITTLE LUCK SHOULD BE BACK ON THE TRACK NEXT YEAR.
BYE
POSTMAN
[img][/img]

Gavin RS

Post by Gavin RS » Wed 29 Aug 2007, 22:20

I heard about the other one.It will be great to see them both.

Anyone shed some light on the ANIMAL the modified XR8 .I heard it is also getting restored as well as the old racing Chev SS of Willie Hepburn
1984 Rover Vanden Plas V8 (Historic Race car)
1986 Rover 3500 Vitesse (UK Import Ex London Police Car)
1983 Rover Vanden Plas undergoing conversion to race car.
2009 Ford Territory ST,
2006 Ford Fiesta 1.6 Auto, daily driver

postman

Post by postman » Wed 29 Aug 2007, 22:29

HEARD IN THE PITS!
2 ANIMALS WERE BUILT, WILLIES ONE I DONT KNOW WHERE IT IS BUT THE OTHER PETER HAS(THEY SAID IT WAS THE SPARE BODY BUT WASNT COMPLETE BUT ILL GET TO YOU ON THAT)
WILLIES SS HE HAS AND MIGHT BE RESTORED(USED TO BE A DRAG CAR BEFORE)
POSTMAN
[img][/img]

Firenza GT

Post by Firenza GT » Wed 29 Aug 2007, 22:36

Wow on the Hepburn SS ! That car was sold to a local JC Smit who raced it here at Killarney after Hepburn sold it. He redid it in yellow i have photo's of it. From what I remember, will have to check that went the route of where many Monaro's and SS's went, dirt track oval banger racing. Remember i told you guys about the ex-Tony Pond/Mortimer Blydenstein Dealer Team Chevair ? By the time they were finnished with it it was waiting for these horse carts to take to the scrap. and so did a Blydenstien engined rally Opel Ascona also end up after first converting to circuit racing. The "Animal" there is something that also should be checked. It was said the motor was lying up your way. That's untru, it's about 10 km from where i live at least remnents of it. There were various Sierra V8 lookalikes. Look this is not to say they don;t all exist but there needs to be clarity and honest around these things. The Sierra V8 Jurgen Zu Bentheim raced I thought was the Animal but am told it was the spare car. That car I don't think exists anymore as it was also chopped in front and fitted with a fibreglass Sahire nose. I have photo's of these cars so it's up to "US" to be part of authentication too when in doubt. Not just a mechanic or two that threw a spanner more than 20 years ago.

ZA Perana

Post by ZA Perana » Fri 31 Aug 2007, 21:43

Very interesting, saw a picture of Poalo Cavaleiri throwing the 745 around a corner at Zwartkops...

As for the Animal, we were offered the supposed shell of the Animal 5 years ago..... :D
Alfa GTV 3.0
Ford Capri Perana V8

Wait not for tomorrow to do what can be done today, live each day for one knows not what the next day may hold.

Firenza GT

Post by Firenza GT » Sat 01 Sep 2007, 12:04

Interesting to hear of various famous cars re-surfacing. This seems to be good territory to do this maybe until before this forum where everyone was scattered and "things" can happen and by the time they are advanced it becomes difficult to check without seeming intrussive or offensive.

I was under the impression that the Jurgen Zu Bentheim last raced XR8 was the car but even ar a Zwartkops meeiting in 1989 there were two his one and another black XR8 clone or whatever that Paddy O'Sullivan beat in the resotered ex-Dealer Team Can Am. (That was a North v South couple of heats).

Then in East London there was another Mike Forsythe, also white done in the Animal livery. And I don't think that is all. Hence now people should put their minds together to erradicate this scurge that underminse the integrity of persons that go to great effort to have original cars and keep the heritage going. Somebody need's to check where the Hepburn SS went or if it was ever "recycle-able" after it followed the course of where many famous cars do. I have photo's of it after Hepburn sold it so it would be interesting to see.

FairmontGT
Site Admin

Post by FairmontGT » Sun 09 Sep 2007, 20:34

Hi Guys, if anybody has a nice photo of one of these cars racing, I would love it for the main site.
Yes we did build muscle cars in RSA!!!!
http://www.africanmusclecars.com

Gavin RS

Post by Gavin RS » Mon 10 Sep 2007, 10:05

FairmontGT wrote: Hi Guys, if anybody has a nice photo of one of these cars racing, I would love it for the main site.

Soon, very soon. I have been finding all sorts of pics in my old boxes.I have the Kyalami test on the Animal XR8 my late friend Colin Watling did all the photo;s for CAR Mag.
I have photo's of the late Paddy O'Sullivans Rover. Old and new.I found all my pics I took of the car a few years ago when Paddy was going to sell the car, I was considering buying the car, could kick myself now.

I will be sending a lot of pics, etc for the site for everyone to share.It is just taking me a bit of time, to scan etc
1984 Rover Vanden Plas V8 (Historic Race car)
1986 Rover 3500 Vitesse (UK Import Ex London Police Car)
1983 Rover Vanden Plas undergoing conversion to race car.
2009 Ford Territory ST,
2006 Ford Fiesta 1.6 Auto, daily driver

ZA Perana

Post by ZA Perana » Fri 14 Sep 2007, 20:09

Gavin RS wrote:
FairmontGT wrote: Hi Guys, if anybody has a nice photo of one of these cars racing, I would love it for the main site.

Soon, very soon. I have been finding all sorts of pics in my old boxes.I have the Kyalami test on the Animal XR8 my late friend Colin Watling did all the photo;s for CAR Mag.
I have photo's of the late Paddy O'Sullivans Rover. Old and new.I found all my pics I took of the car a few years ago when Paddy was going to sell the car, I was considering buying the car, could kick myself now.

I will be sending a lot of pics, etc for the site for everyone to share.It is just taking me a bit of time, to scan etc

Great :D Would love to see these pictures, time isnt an issue for me this forum is great, a definate portal to share knowledge and read all sort of interesting stories and experiences.
Alfa GTV 3.0
Ford Capri Perana V8

Social Media