FORD ESSEX V6 STROKER

colin davids

Re: FORD ESSEX V6 STROKER

Post by colin davids » Mon 28 Sep 2015, 10:53

Dammit guys this is enough to make any fordkop go teary-eyed. :lol: Some of those essex cars used to give my capri perana a hard time at Indiana roadhouse. ;) ;) I remember that xle being untouchable on the road but was eventually humbled by the yellow bomber v6 capri at killarney dragstrip. That capri was previously owned by my dad. It had one of the early Meissner four barrel setups with an imported Piper cam. As i recall the xr8 that Wallace ran was bought from Abel Martin and was already a very potent car when he got it. Good memories.Keep this thread going.
FORD CAPRI PERANA NO. 66
FORD CAPRI V8 DRAG CAR
FORD SIERRA XR8
FORD CORTINA 3.0 S W/CHEVY V8
BMW E30 W/ FORD 347 STROKER
1970 MUSTANG MACH 1 MANUAL W/4V CLEVELAND
SUZUKI GSXR 1000
FORD SAPPHIRE 2 LITRE 16 VALVE TURBO

colin davids

Post by colin davids » Mon 28 Sep 2015, 10:59

BTW are we forgetting about Andrew in Athlone. Wasnt he the v6 stroker guy back in the day? I havent been there for years but i remember him having a well set up machine shop as well.Maybe he can help.
FORD CAPRI PERANA NO. 66
FORD CAPRI V8 DRAG CAR
FORD SIERRA XR8
SUZUKI GSXR 1000

Glen

Post by Glen » Mon 28 Sep 2015, 22:16

colin davids wrote:BTW are we forgetting about Andrew in Athlone. Wasnt he the v6 stroker guy back in the day? I havent been there for years but i remember him having a well set up machine shop as well.Maybe he can help.
oh yes (Pielie) i am not sure Pielie told me he ran stock Essex bottom untouched but i didn blv that his car was hard on the drag strip that is all i can recall lokl :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: but nice on the street i cannot tell you but the XLE Wallace was the dawg i can recall all ther runs and guys he gave a show, like the PURPLE Metallic FAIRMONT GT Stick shift with a black vinyl roof top and widened chrome wheels that guy wrecked that car the same night he bought it raced Wallace lost against the XLE and ran it off the N2 just under Airport Bridge i was standing there wallace came thru at probably 240kmh and he about 5>6 cars bang into the cable that seperated the N2 from the other side traffic 8O 8O 8O 8O

Burnthosetyres

Post by Burnthosetyres » Tue 29 Sep 2015, 07:26

Having spent a couple of days in Essex... an Essex stroker just took on a whole new meaning!!
'A Camaro is a little animal that eats Mustangs!'

Moering Tool

Post by Moering Tool » Tue 29 Sep 2015, 07:37

Burnthosetyres wrote:Having spent a couple of days in Essex... an Essex stroker just took on a whole new meaning!!
Nooit :lol:

KSF

Post by KSF » Tue 29 Sep 2015, 12:33

Edriess (Boeta) eventually had a 3.3 Interceptor with Nos in the Yellow Bomber, Sybie Coetzee motor. Very strong, ran low 11's in 'almost' street trim.

Andrew (Arendse?) and the rusty XLE had a 3.8, ran NA for as long as I knew him. Don't remember his best 1/4 miles, but it was low 13's or high 12's. Scrutineers eventually chased him away (all the heavy rust) when a headlight unit fell out on the start line one day! The car had a complete makeover then.

Was Wallace the black XLE from the late 1980's? If so I know that car too, was one of the first to ever run on Rowly's new dyno (Motordrive).

colin davids

Post by colin davids » Tue 29 Sep 2015, 13:03

Glen wrote:
colin davids wrote:BTW are we forgetting about Andrew in Athlone. Wasnt he the v6 stroker guy back in the day? I havent been there for years but i remember him having a well set up machine shop as well.Maybe he can help.
oh yes (Pielie) i am not sure Pielie told me he ran stock Essex bottom untouched but i didn blv that his car was hard on the drag strip that is all i can recall lokl :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: but nice on the street i cannot tell you but the XLE Wallace was the dawg i can recall all ther runs and guys he gave a show, like the PURPLE Metallic FAIRMONT GT Stick shift with a black vinyl roof top and widened chrome wheels that guy wrecked that car the same night he bought it raced Wallace lost against the XLE and ran it off the N2 just under Airport Bridge i was standing there wallace came thru at probably 240kmh and he about 5>6 cars bang into the cable that seperated the N2 from the other side traffic 8O 8O 8O 8O
Yes every tuner had their own recipe for the v6 and it was all top secret. :lol: I didnt see that fairmont gt run but it must have been a handful at those speeds. Used for its intended purpose and not as a show ornament. :roll: I remember the main rivalries were ford v6 vs nissan skyline vs bmw 535i e12. These cars cant really be considered fast by todays standards but they had so much character.
FORD CAPRI PERANA NO. 66
FORD CAPRI V8 DRAG CAR
FORD SIERRA XR8
SUZUKI GSXR 1000

Glen

Post by Glen » Tue 29 Sep 2015, 23:43

KSF wrote:Edriess (Boeta) eventually had a 3.3 Interceptor with Nos in the Yellow Bomber, Sybie Coetzee motor. Very strong, ran low 11's in 'almost' street trim.

Andrew (Arendse?) and the rusty XLE had a 3.8, ran NA for as long as I knew him. Don't remember his best 1/4 miles, but it was low 13's or high 12's. Scrutineers eventually chased him away (all the heavy rust) when a headlight unit fell out on the start line one day! The car had a complete makeover then.

Was Wallace the black XLE from the late 1980's? If so I know that car too, was one of the first to ever run on Rowly's new dyno (Motordrive).

oooh ja Wallace yes black XLE, so guys i am hearing alot od Sybie Coetzee is he the guy to see?

yes awe Andrew shoooo 3.8 but how come he didn make name bcoz i dont recall him on the street mmmmm the Black XLE had power durability and was the "DON" i seriously cant think of "a car" that gave it a run even the strong E12's with their 535 engines and there after a GUNSTON 30S from KZN pitches these guys ran Chicken Licken in Welcome Estate once agin beaten that they changed the engine from 3.3 ESSEX to a BOWTIE 5.8ltr V8 still un defeated what a legend the Black SIX SEXY CYLINDERS was of an XLE!

that car made me want a FORD all the time :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Glen

Post by Glen » Tue 29 Sep 2015, 23:48

colin davids wrote:
Glen wrote:
Yes every tuner had their own recipe for the v6 and it was all top secret. :lol: I didnt see that fairmont gt run but it must have been a handful at those speeds. Used for its intended purpose and not as a show ornament. :roll: I remember the main rivalries were ford v6 vs nissan skyline vs bmw 535i e12. These cars cant really be considered fast by todays standards but they had so much character.

ooo ja Colin was and that guy cried that night over his GT, but u are saying a ESSEX has no chance today i beg to differ and many out there may think i am crazy but blv me i have driven and been driven in some serious ESSEX engines boasting POWER, let me refresh if you do know this car my close friend owned this car was a monster then in its time was a RS2000 was initially white ran ex SAREL vd Merwe Kreepy Krauly INTERCEPTOR factory works engine the owner of thr RS2000 apparently bought one of this cortina XR6 and dropped the drive train in this car i recall in the late early 80's i saw this RS3000 in its white shade and monster inteceptor run when my buddy purchased this car the trips were removed it had 5STAR gold protech 15" rims with bridgetone RE71 TIRES THE CAR WAS OWNED BY NONNO he had a car dealership in Rylands where i come from so i use to see this car all the time what a machine also the rear end was fully stabalised with anti shudder links etc but the car kept on chunking the rear tail housing of the gearbox but damn did it run up the clock very kwik also another masterpiece in ESSEX form was AIRWOLF A BLACK 2DR XLE OWNED BY JIMMY EFFENDI AND HIS BROTHER OR COUSIN stolen a week later after being revealed if i am not certain this M.F. ran a holley 4BARREL SETUP :mrgreen: ???

Social Media