Re: 65 Mustang fastback.

brennan67

Re: Re: 65 Mustang fastback.

Post by brennan67 » Tue 07 Jul 2015, 21:03

Bird 455 wrote:Brennan, this long explanation that you needed to type, clearly demonstrates why the early fastback is worth double your cars value.
With the later car you need to explain rarity. Decode the vin for your friends, in the mancave.

Then after all that, when you supposed to bask in your magnificence, the guys say they actually prefer the old Gt350 Hertz, if you come across one, buzz them. Then you choke on your beer and re-explain all the codes. They don't give a shit.

I have had 67, 70 Mustangs. I say that because i had to also defend those Mustangs when my friends said they like the first fastback. I used to sound like you and Maverick.

Deep down we all know the truth. It always prevails. The 65 2+2 is going to be worth its weight in gold. I can't change that. I'm a mere mortal.

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 7041X using Tapatalk

Hahah classic.... of course it does, because you say so.. thats all that matters isn't it ??

Your argument is now because of my explanation that this somehow/now miraculously that yours is now worth more because of it... lol.. Are you certain you are a mere mortal, some might question that.

My car has nothing to do with the value of yours or what i say has any input on its rising value as we discuss it. haha. Or maybe it does in your mind. Its a complex mind you have, mind you but dont let it be confused. ok?

What i am saying is a 66 C code aint worth more than R550k even if its sitting in my man cave with us drinking beer... which will probably add an extra R100k to its value anyway 8) 8) 8) (only kidding honestly)
IMG_3276.jpg
IMG_3276.jpg (121.75 KiB) Viewed 7081 times
IMG_2928.jpg
IMG_2928.jpg (101.1 KiB) Viewed 7081 times
IMG_2925.jpg
IMG_2925.jpg (88.22 KiB) Viewed 7081 times
Don't you think ? 8)

But seriously, very seriously. secret hand shakes and all... With all models of mustangs you need to prove rarity to establish value as I explained 65-66 Models included. Just because its yours and a 1st generation means nothing at all, there are many of these plane jane C codes out there. As even your 65 & 66 1st Gen can vary in value from $20k to $70k based on Code and GT specs.

Now ask yourself what do you really want a rare collectable 65 or a Base model 65 ? Your C code aint that special Bud in the scheme of things.. although a 65 fastback is a beautiful car dont let me deny that, it aint worth what you think it is.

Bird 455

Post by Bird 455 » Tue 07 Jul 2015, 22:26

Is that galvanised roof sheet holding the bar counter up?

If it is then you getting a k-code. (kak)

We can argue all we want. Some people contributing here say i can't get my price. I can. You say yes i can but it's unethical because the vehicle is simply not worth it.
You have given a guideline to work with.

So the question is whether i should sell for the highest obtainable price or save the reputation of Mustang owners as you have said it's deteriorating and thats concerning you.

Why should I lose money? What reasonable man would? If you can be the first to lead the way i can follow.

You right, your cars value has no relevance in the topic but you have used it as the yardstick.

I don't think the 65 option list was as tall as the later years. Cars were basic. Mustangs were pure. Nice spirited small blocks.

The big block cars was the beginning of the end for the Mustang.

We all know they can't handle the added weight.

Anyway this discussion was very informative.

"What's the worst thing you can say to a Pontiac owner? Hey man, nice Camaro!"

GT40 Twin Turbo 5.4 quadcam Modular Ford. SDS custom tune.

Burnthosetyres

Post by Burnthosetyres » Wed 08 Jul 2015, 06:52

Okay here's my Gripe with Mustangs... yes it's a coup but I can land this for R190k

So now just because its SA and we are confused all of a sudden it's worth R450?

We just need to try keep a micron of sanity.....

But whenever I question astonomical selling prices of sadly specifically Mustangs I get told just 'cos I cant afford one etc.....

So I quietly...: and sometimes not so much.... drive my Camaro & sulk!
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (155.77 KiB) Viewed 7049 times
'A Camaro is a little animal that eats Mustangs!'

Stealth GT

Post by Stealth GT » Wed 22 Jul 2015, 21:22

Hi Birdy heres a pic of your Mustang when I owned it about 20 years ago on a field trip as you can see the car was driven and driven hard.

Regards
Warren
Attachments
65 Mustang Barrydale trip.jpeg
65 Mustang Barrydale trip.jpeg (48.8 KiB) Viewed 6967 times

Bird 455

Post by Bird 455 » Wed 22 Jul 2015, 21:39

Absolutely amazing, dude! Clearly you were the original gangster! Respect!

brennan67

Post by brennan67 » Wed 22 Jul 2015, 22:02

Len, you are right lots of delusional owners out there think they got super rare collectable cars but they dont. Not just mustangs mind you.. But given there are a lot more mustangs in the market these wishful thinkers come up a lot more.
Sorry but Mr Mustang owner your car is NOT a Shelby even though its got the same body style..

Bird454, the way the market is right now as I have said 67/68 fastbacks are the most desirable and fetch bigger prices than 65/66 sorry thats just the way it is. Sure I understand you have your preferences but the market is after the 67/68s as 1st prize. No everyone but most buyers.

Within the 67/68 fastback years, rare Big block GT models S - codes on 67's was top of the range and on 68's ultra rare GT model R Codes (1st year of the 428 Super Cobra Jet) mustangs been the top of the pile.

Of course after that we go into Shelby territory with big block 428 GT 500 being the extreme high Dollar cars.

Bird 455

Post by Bird 455 » Wed 22 Jul 2015, 22:08

Incorrect Brennan. That was the situation in the states. This is Africa. You need the Eleanor kit to roll with me.

Stealth GT

Post by Stealth GT » Wed 22 Jul 2015, 22:11

Bird ignore this character only their coded numbers matching shit is ever worth big $$$$ ...... your car your price at least you can say you did all the work :lol:

Back to your car Ill see if I can dig up anymore pics I think I was the third owner the original owner was probably the guy that owned ASCO engineering many years ago .

Regards

Bird 455

Post by Bird 455 » Wed 22 Jul 2015, 22:21

Warren thanks for the input. You ran your sprint car engine in this car at one stage?

Stealth GT

Post by Stealth GT » Wed 22 Jul 2015, 22:37

Bird 455 wrote:Warren thanks for the input. You ran your sprint car engine in this car at one stage?

Bird I ran my uncles 351 windsor full race spec stock car engine in that car .
On that specific trip in the karoo I was running the car flat out on the farm roads and shot the propshaft out :mrgreen: the best thing about growing up with and having family that could actually do the repairs ourselves we got her running again and I drove her back to Cape Town.

The sprint car motor is sitting in the workshop I might put it in the F100.

And by the way thanks for offering me the car before you bought it If I had the time you know I would've taken it .

Enjoy ...... if only that car could talk :lol:

Regards
Warren

Social Media